Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.165
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dev Blog - April  (Read 3212 times)

JasonB

Dev Blog - April
« on: May 01, 2012, 11:34:18 am »
In an effort to post info more consistently, here is some of the latest happenings with LX2 over April.

Site
For those who havn't seen it yet, the lierox2.com site has been created. Most of the news & content will be posted here on the forums anyway.

Refactor

I've spent a bit more time then i would have liked on refactoring the core app code. I've basically replaced the startup code & the main loop codes. The main purpose behind this was to separate the physics processing so it can be better controlled at a tighter frame rate.
Hopefully the end result will be less bouncy projectiles getting stuck in the level.

Obituary

I've removed the kill messages from the chat area and replaced it with a simpler graphical version like some of the modern multiplayer games.
Kill's involving you get highlighted too.
The chat area is now solely for chatting & game notifications. Chat messages shouldn't get drowned out by the kill messages.

Blood

A screenshot can't really show the change, but some of the blood physics has changed a bit. The particles now get spawned with the same velocity as the worm.
Also hoping to add a feature where blood is sprayed in the direction & speed of projectiles. So a direct hit of a bazooka will spray blood behind the worm.

Deathcam

Not quite finished, but the final idea is to add a bit of a cinematic event when you get killed, showing the worm that killed you. The badge will also show some info about the kill.
I'll probably change the badge graphic that shows up when killed.

Mods: Please don't lock this thread
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:37:53 am by JasonB »

SLak0n

Re: Dev Blog - April
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 01:13:16 pm »
Sounds awesome:)

Many nice idéas!

Black_Ninja

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 08:24:25 pm »
This all pleases me.

Words cannot express my excitement.

8)

Ruki

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 01:46:38 am »
This all pleases me.

Words cannot express my excitement.

8)
BNX from GU?

Black_Ninja

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 04:16:56 am »
That's me :)

Ruki

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 10:19:19 am »
That's me :)
Awesome. Didn't think I'll ever see you again :)

SorZ

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 04:14:56 am »
Haven't read here for some time, but all stuff I can see looks really promising.

JasonB

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 09:10:54 am »
Haven't read here for some time, but all stuff I can see looks really promising.

Didn't get a chance to do any 'May Dev Blog' due to some RL stuff. But i'll try another dev blog post soon for May/June with some more details on the latest development.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything