Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.165
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapon Rack  (Read 4564 times)

JasonB

Weapon Rack
« on: April 07, 2012, 01:52:07 am »
One feature i've wanted to add in since way back was a way to display the reload status of all 5 weapons. Got around to adding it into LX2

Not too sure about the look, but it's functional. Thoughts?

Ahmed

Re: Weapon Rack
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 05:52:31 am »
I think this could be great, could use aesthetics of course (you should look for a graphic designer to redo the whole interface some time when your closer to being done - people don't play bad graphics these days). The only question I really do have is, will the weapons reload even when they are not being used? Or will this just show how much you have of said weapon? If it just shows how much weapon available I'm all for it. If you can also reload then when not using that weapon then I do not like! But I'm guessing it's the first one  ;D.

Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

JasonB

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 07:28:49 am »
Nah, weapons don't reload unless they're currently selected.

TheCrusader

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 10:47:10 am »
It certainly is a good idea mainly targeted at newcomers I suppose since big part of the liero community (old members) is adapted to keeping track whether the weapon is reloaded or not unintentionally by second nature. So for them, I would rather see it as a distracting value. Ofcourse graphics needs a lot of work as Ahmed mentioned.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:50:01 am by TheCrusader »

kokbira

• Gi Joe Brown Brazillian Rope-Flying Ant
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +23/-6
  • 4148 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To kokbira
  • ex-player (ex-Flip and ex-s00t clan member)
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 06:26:53 am »
ok, but remember to remove "the great flaw" as reported in http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php/topic,13416.msg230979.html#msg230979

instead of allowing flaw combos by some users, create something more interesting for all, like special bonuses (to resurrect bonuses use also)

Ahmed

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:47:17 am »
No need to "resurrect" bonus because no one ever used bonus to begin with. I feel like it's a waste of time to even have bonus because most people chose there guns for a reason and never would want so switch.

ok, but remember to remove "the great flaw" as reported in http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php/topic,13416.msg230979.html#msg230979

instead of allowing flaw combos by some users, create something more interesting for all, like special bonuses (to resurrect bonuses use also)
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

Asrack

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 07:41:57 pm »
I know lots of people who use bonuses. Shock and Crazy mod have a lot of weapoons, and some of us prefer to use bonuses when were playing regular games instead of clan matches. /opinion.

Tafka

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 11:51:37 pm »
I know lots of people who use bonuses. Shock and Crazy mod have a lot of weapoons, and some of us prefer to use bonuses when were playing regular games instead of clan matches. /opinion.
They can be an option as they were in 0.56, yes. The point is that there's no need to put big effort into bonuses as even if you know lots of people who use bonuses, it's mostly pretty useless option.

JasonB

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 11:59:54 pm »
Bonuses are in the game & properly supported. But as Tafka said, you can disable them.

Trying to figure out what exactly the great flaw was... Was it a bug with OLX or a neat trick?

With LX2 i've added 1-5 keys do quick weapon changes. You could probably do the multi-shot trick using it. But i might make it at least require releasing the shoot key & have to press it down again after changing weapons.

Not too sure what the skip loading times thing is about.

Ruki

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 01:09:03 am »
No need to "resurrect" bonus because no one ever used bonus to begin with. I feel like it's a waste of time to even have bonus because most people chose there guns for a reason and never would want so switch.
I always play other than Liero v1.0 mods with bonuses enabled on my server. Random at the start of the game and pick up bonuses later. Why not permanently disabling Handgun, I never use that crap. Obviously limited point of view.

kokbira

• Gi Joe Brown Brazillian Rope-Flying Ant
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +23/-6
  • 4148 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To kokbira
  • ex-player (ex-Flip and ex-s00t clan member)
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 06:26:07 am »
Trying to figure out what exactly the great flaw was... Was it a bug with OLX or a neat trick?

great flaw = multishot + immediate reloading using taunts (when server supports /weapons command)

nettimato

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 08:43:07 pm »
those weapon boxes look like there would be a weapon icon, but such feature would require updated liero mod maker for modders...
i'm not a crazed gunman, dad, i'm an assassin!

JasonB

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 01:35:59 am »
those weapon boxes look like there would be a weapon icon, but such feature would require updated liero mod maker for modders...

Hmm, interesting idea. I've actually implemented a weapon icon system lately for the obituary.

Might try the icons inside the boxes!

nettimato

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 07:30:45 am »

Hmm, interesting idea. I've actually implemented a weapon icon system lately for the obituary.

Might try the icons inside the boxes!

a kill feed's kill icons too? awesome! i'm just worried about the mod tools, if someone don't make LXII-compilable versions, i can't make mods anymore :|
i'm not a crazed gunman, dad, i'm an assassin!

JasonB

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 10:40:57 am »
a kill feed's kill icons too? awesome! i'm just worried about the mod tools, if someone don't make LXII-compilable versions, i can't make mods anymore :|

Mods are staying exactly the same. No recompiling necessary
Each mod just needs a directory added called 'wpnicons' and place a png with the same name as the weapon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up