Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by SLak0n Today at 04:16:18 pm
2012 (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 pm
[wc] Legacy of the Toilet Warriors Tribute video (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:24:01 pm
Holidays/Me leaving/me coming back Threads (The World Outside) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:14:20 pm
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 80.186.170.22
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Rifle Cup - Speed´N´Aim!  (Read 13876 times)

Terrance

Re: Rifle Cup - Speed´N´Aim!
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2012, 04:39:28 pm »
can i join?

edit: guess not sry

Sorry , registration is closed. Tourney started two days ago. :/

Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2012, 04:49:59 pm »
So three players from each group advance, twelve in total. That means you can't make a classic knock-out stage, so what will follow, an another group stage? That is pretty cool, definitely a refreshing idea, but if three players go through that means there is a chance that in the next group stage you might have to play again with people who you had already faced once in the first group stage, and that's kinda boring. I guess you could create a pattern that makes sure it won't happen, but it gets somewhat complicated then. You could simply decide that only two advance from each group, then new two groups are created and the best two continue to semi-finals.

Terrance

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2012, 05:06:24 pm »
So three players from each group advance, twelve in total. That means you can't make a classic knock-out stage, so what will follow, an another group stage? That is pretty cool, definitely a refreshing idea, but if three players go through that means there is a chance that in the next group stage you might have to play again with people who you had already faced once in the first group stage, and that's kinda boring. I guess you could create a pattern that makes sure it won't happen, but it gets somewhat complicated then. You could simply decide that only two advance from each group, then new two groups are created and the best two continue to semi-finals.

Yeah you are totally right , I must think about it... Only chance is to make 6x2 player groups but theres really no point in it. Or... I could make 4x3 player groups but then it wouldnt be fair , I would have to use random number generator again and most ppl might think I just made new groups by my own choice, so this idea is dead. Guess we have to stick with 2 players from each group... but if you come up with any new cool idea that would help me to stick with 3 player pass system then please reply here.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2012, 05:21:32 pm »
How about 4x3 groups and then 1 from each group advances :P and we have semifinals.. or even make it so the last 4 players play eachother

yeah I was thinking about that..do you mean 4 groups with 3 players right?   then 1 group player would have to play against his old group player again, just 2 players that get again in same group but thats not a big deal I guess , I m thinking about it. Yeah I think I should not change the rules while cw already started, not kinda fair for other players , so we stick to 4x3.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:30:51 pm by Terrance »

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

Terrance

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2012, 05:32:53 pm »
Yeah we stick to 4x3 , I think I should not change rules while cw already started , its not fair for other players , its just , 2 players have to face same group player once again in new group. But everyone else have new opponents.

Roxxy~

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2012, 05:35:41 pm »
Vitun C

Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2012, 05:36:30 pm »
It's also possible to do one whopping 12 player group. It would be pretty intense, and given how active the community is it shouldn't be too much a problem to manage most games. It would kinda resemble a league system then, like only the best 4 continue. There would be a great competition for those places, which would be great. And that way there is no chance that some people advance because he got an easy group to play in.

Terrance

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2012, 05:43:49 pm »
It's also possible to do one whopping 12 player group. It would be pretty intense, and given how active the community is it shouldn't be too much a problem to manage most games. It would kinda resemble a league system then, like only the best 4 continue. There would be a great competition for those places, which would be great. And that way there is no chance that some people advance because he got an easy group to play in.

Yeah , I like that idea even more. We stick to this then , thanks for help Legend.

Terrance

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2012, 06:40:06 pm »
Me vs Janco 2-0

Filmonss

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2012, 07:58:12 pm »
i will leave this tournament, sorry if i mixed everything up now..
2010 Most Improved Award - Filmons
2014 Best Classic Player Award - Filmons

Terrance

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2012, 08:08:55 pm »
i will leave this tournament, sorry if i mixed everything up now..

np :D :D :D

Thor

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2012, 08:23:27 pm »
About that 12 group system, I think it would be interesting if 8 players continued making a play-off system like in NHL and other ice-hockey leagues. IMO it would give even more intense giving the 8th player chance to win the 1st etc.

However, I'm anyways fine with that if semifinals begin straight after the group games have been played.

Terrance

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2012, 08:30:19 pm »
About that 12 group system, I think it would be interesting if 8 players continued making a play-off system like in NHL and other ice-hockey leagues. IMO it would give even more intense giving the 8th player chance to win the 1st etc.

However, I'm anyways fine with that if semifinals begin straight after the group games have been played.

Yeah Thor , I agree with you , but the thing is , I promised to people it will be 3 players per group, I really dont wanna change it during the tourney , would be really lame for some players. I m hosting tourney first time here and I m still learning, trying to give my best, I just hope you guys have fun. Anyways , I m sorry , but it will be 12 players group after 1st round. I m pretty sure it will be intense and we are going to have some nice duels there, goodluck everyone , once again!

Thor

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2012, 08:46:58 pm »
Yeah Thor , I agree with you , but the thing is , I promised to people it will be 3 players per group, I really dont wanna change it during the tourney , would be really lame for some players. I m hosting tourney first time here and I m still learning, trying to give my best, I just hope you guys have fun. Anyways , I m sorry , but it will be 12 players group after 1st round. I m pretty sure it will be intense and we are going to have some nice duels there, goodluck everyone , once again!

Yes, you don't need to change anything. I was just meaning that 8 players would pass from that 12 player group.

Terrance

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2012, 08:50:45 pm »

Yes, you don't need to change anything. I was just meaning that 8 players would pass from that 12 player group.

oh...sry, we are going straight for semifinals and finals after 12man group. I think you have enough time to prove yourself in 12man group ;).

Frey

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2012, 08:55:55 pm »
Anyone in my group: feel free to PM me to settle a date/time. Haven't seen any of you in game so far so that might be an easier way

Bart - Purple  2-0
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:11:00 am by Frey »

Terrance

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2012, 12:19:53 pm »
Updated! We are kinda close with end of 1st group games :)

Terrance

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2012, 03:50:40 pm »
Terrance vs Nack 2-0 ;)

TeddyKGB

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2012, 06:02:21 pm »
Won nelli 2-1

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2012, 06:12:55 pm »
vs Chopper 2-0

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

anything