Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Qaz, August 19, 2019, 03:09:48 pm
2012 (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 pm
[wc] Legacy of the Toilet Warriors Tribute video (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:24:01 pm
Holidays/Me leaving/me coming back Threads (The World Outside) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:14:20 pm
Backup server NL
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 80.186.170.22
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: King of Classic 2011  (Read 12345 times)

ONeill

Re: King of Classic 2011
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2011, 09:40:50 pm »
the other thing I'm dissapointed in is Sorz's post above. It's not wrong to give constructive feedback so you can't, as a host of this tournament, answer to people like that. Sorz, you've hosted many good tournaments before and helped the community a lot but I'm seeing a bit of arrogance in your style now.

I didn't had time to post a huge ass post because I'm was in a hurry so I just left that
picture there, pure troll bait. Hehe ba dum tsss.

Now I'm available for discussion.

But first I'm just curious, exactly which part of the invitation list make you all so turned on?
Someone who doesn't belong there? Someone who's missing?
Me?! jk ;)

Hostile

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2011, 10:17:03 pm »
the other thing I'm dissapointed in is Sorz's post above. It's not wrong to give constructive feedback so you can't, as a host of this tournament, answer to people like that. Sorz, you've hosted many good tournaments before and helped the community a lot but I'm seeing a bit of arrogance in your style now.

I didn't had time to post a huge ass post because I'm was in a hurry so I just left that
picture there, pure troll bait. Hehe ba dum tsss.

Now I'm available for discussion.

But first I'm just curious, exactly which part of the invitation list make you all so turned on?

Well, like it was already mentioned; it's kinda weird to invite only some of the players to a tournament and claim that the winner is the King of Classic, when everybody didn't even have a chance to participate. Sure those players who were invited are some of the best classic-players around and can be trusted to play the tournament to the end, but I think there's some players who could give a good challenge too. I personally don't really mind about all of this, but still wanted to share my opinion for some reason.

Sakmongkol

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2011, 10:44:28 pm »
You just don't get it. It doesn't matter who's on the list and who's not, what matters is how the list came to be.
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

SorZ

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2011, 11:20:51 pm »
What I don't understand is that in such a small community, some manage to build their own gold tower for no one to enter, while on the other hand they are whining about the fact that their beloved game is having one foot in the grave.

I neither understand why people sit on their asses with absolutely zero intention doing something themselves like a tourney for example,
and then have the guts to give such negative critism to someone who at least tries to make things happen in this little forum.

I too disapprove the selection based on "superiority", or atleast "your (plural) view of superiority". If this is not the case, it may be wise to publish the selection or exclusion criteria. Not doing so obviously is for many here like getting a kick in the shins and I understand where their feeling of not being treated just comes from.

Yeah and now it feels like a lot of guys kick me a lot of times in my nuts.

I totally copied the concept (since I found it interesting) from Ahmed's 1st version of this.
Can't really remember he got this much bad reactions, however..
I thought about it for weeks, and really looked closely everytime I played in various servers and then I wrote down 8 names
who I found to be the most skilled in as many ways as possible.
After that, to make sure I wasn't completely off, I asked, without giving my own list,
as Thor said, a bunch of really experienced active players who they thought were the best. And all the lists included kinda the same names.
I made the final decision, and added the last time's winner to it.

I wanted to stick to eight players since you all can see we are already in the end of November so I just want this to get done in time.
To make a stable revival of the contest.

I'm really open for (I don't know who said it) adding eight more players that could be
selected by everyone together, through nominations.
But I'm afraid this would make the tournament cross the deadline and there for I'm pretty
sceptical to it this year. Though I'm very open, as I said, to do like this in for example
next year's version of this tournament.

Yeah.. probably forgot something now.. duh.

Sakmongkol

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2011, 11:24:23 pm »
You're pathetic.

~ Miles Davis

Thor

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2011, 11:42:41 pm »

Sakmongkol

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 11:49:59 pm »
You're pathetic.

Very mature post.
Whether it was mature or not is irrelevant, it is still true.

~ Miles Davis

SorZ

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2011, 12:09:47 am »
You're pathetic.

Really, who are you to judge?

Thor

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 12:13:20 am »

It has nothing to do with the truth. It's only your stupid opinion, after SorZ argued you well about the selection of the players in this tournament. If you can't stand it, get out of the kitchen.

Sakmongkol

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2011, 12:17:17 am »

It has nothing to do with the truth. It's only your stupid opinion, after SorZ argued you well about the selection of the players in this tournament. If you can't stand it, get out of the kitchen.
Excuse me, he didn't argue anything, and certainly not well, he only reinforced my suspicions about this contest and the ideas and actions behind it.

~ Miles Davis

Hawk

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2011, 12:18:51 am »
Seriously? People fighting over some dumb list of people who can enter a tournament? *sigh* I can host a classic tournament which anyone can join if it is such a big deal to you people.
The best player isn't the one with most kills every game, the best player is the one that has most fun playing.

Sakmongkol

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2011, 12:25:45 am »
Seriously? People fighting over some dumb list of people who can enter a tournament? *sigh* I can host a classic tournament which anyone can join if it is such a big deal to you people.
Just be sure to name the contest accordingly. Hint: don't follow the example set in the naming of this contest.

~ Miles Davis

Hawk

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2011, 12:36:48 am »
I'll do it later "tomorrow", since I'm going to sleep now.
The best player isn't the one with most kills every game, the best player is the one that has most fun playing.

SorZ

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2011, 12:39:35 am »
Yeah, name it something like Queen of Classic. And don't forget to give Sak some lives in handicap.

Janko

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2011, 02:33:29 am »
Sorz: GL, I think it's a nice initiative!

The rest of us: Let's move on. Titles like "Cardinal of classic", "Emperor of classic", "Overlord of classic" etc is still available  ;)

-Janco

PS! When things turned out this way though, regarding the amount of attention this tournament has received already, it's almost too bad it's not open =). Classic marketing trick. Make something appear exclusive, and it triggers peoples interest. Remind me to contact you when I'm promoting my new album!

Lodur

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2011, 09:46:32 am »
Without further arguments I just want to say one thing:

Assburgers is a serious illness.
When you reach max level you stop leveling

Frey

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2011, 01:57:08 pm »
Hmm, in a way I understand why SorZ would do this on invite-only. Most tournaments turn inactive because people just subscribe and then don't play the games they're supposed to, which causes a lot of troubles for the organiser.

In this point of view I think it's a good idea to do invites-only, however people that are active (+decent players) and that want to join could be invited too, in my oppinion. For example Flesk. Yet it's not my decision and imo Sorz should be able to organise his event in the way he thinks it's best, no?

I do accept the invitation, even though I know I stand no chance in duels against about 75% of the players invited, will be challenging!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:14:43 pm by Frey »

Sebbe

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2011, 06:59:36 pm »
I don't get shit lately.
But one thing I know for certain is.

T-Bag is going to be pissed.

Have fun. :)

Tafka

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2011, 01:35:10 am »
Tafka vs Fry

I won 2-1

Was a fun start to tournament. I don't remember 2nd game result, but first and third were both quite close.

SorZ

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2011, 02:06:13 am »
I
II
III

First round was Tafka's choice and second was FreY's map.
FreY managed to turn around and win the first round with a nice napalm in the end.
Second round was also tight but Tafka showed himself stronger in the end.
Tafka opened really strong in the last game and were leading with something like 3-4 lives when we got close to the end,
but FreY showed off some good defense and managed to get Tafka down to around 60% in his last life.
However Tafka was worth the victory in 3rd. Nice duel to watch, enjoyed.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 02:08:14 am by SorZ »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up