Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: King of Classic 2011  (Read 12619 times)

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Re: King of Classic 2011
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 10:51:31 pm »
I take the challenge.
Sak, stop acting like You have OCD. Or if You aren't acting, get some behavioral or cognitive behavioral therapy and/or medications(AKA go see a psychologist).
Or if You just have a problem with self-control when You are anonymous, then the sentence "don't give a f*ck" should be a good advice to You.

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

Tafka

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 10:55:50 pm »
There's been invitational events before too.

Sakmongkol

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 11:02:45 pm »
Sak, stop acting like You have OCD. Or if You aren't acting, get some behavioral or cognitive behavioral therapy and/or medications(AKA go see a psychologist).
I'm not acting and there's nothing wrong with my mind that I would trust for a psychologist to fix.

Or if You just have a problem with self-control when You are anonymous, then the sentence "don't give a f*ck" should be a good advice to You.
I don't have such a problem, thank you very much.

There's been invitational events before too.
This is no reason to continue with them. Tradition in itself is not a justification, it can be that the tradition is bad which in this case is apparent.
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Thor

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 11:43:45 pm »
So, if the tournament is based only on invitations, which seem to be arbitrary at best, although exhibiting a certain clan bias, what's the point of putting this thread in the general Events & Contests section? Why not host it on your own board? For this is not what the title suggests at all, this is a joke and a bad one at that.
Why do you post then?
I feel it is my duty to point out things that others might not see, however obvious they are.

Yep, you're a paranoid.
I would phrase that 'more intelligent and less self-indulgent'.

Which actually in the reality is 'narcissist'.
Please note I mentioned 'less self-indulgent'. For instance, I don't feel any need to put up a 'contest' in which I would welcome only invitees, most of whom just happen to be in the same clan as myself.

Yea, but when you don't know a shit about where the invites are based you as an outsider should either ask about it or just shut up. Instead of posting something useless like that. But yeah, what other do you do here anyways than posting useless posts.

Lodur

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 11:52:36 pm »
Sak should check wikipedia for Aspergers ( aka. assburgers ) syndrome. Im pretty sure he has it =P
When you reach max level you stop leveling

PreDaToR

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 12:28:13 am »
Wait what? I understand what Sak means here. No need to bash him like that guys, wow...  There might be other good players outside your invites too you know, just sayin'. (and I'm not talking about myself, I know I suck, you don't need to tell me  ::) )

But yeah, I guess I probably don't know shit about this tournament and traditions and all, so if you think my post is stupid please be smart and just don't answer. Try understanding the meaning of it instead  ;)

Peace out.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:31:20 am by PreDaToR »

Odin

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 12:29:34 am »
First, I'm not even the least interested in joining this tournament, never been interested in joining one, never will be, so the reason I'm posting here is not in my own interest.

I can understand that you, in the interest of making this tournament succesful, would select the most active players and players on who you can rely based on your past experience with those disappearing from or dropping out of the tournament for some reason.

What I don't understand is that in such a small community, some manage to build their own gold tower for no one to enter, while on the other hand they are whining about the fact that their beloved game is having one foot in the grave.

The point that Sakmongkol is trying to make is therefor more than valid.
Again, I acknowledge that with invitation, the risk of the tournament becoming a flop is reduced.
In a public setting however, I too disapprove the selection based on "superiority", or atleast "your (plural) view of superiority". If this is not the case, it may be wise to publish the selection or exclusion criteria. Not doing so obviously is for many here like getting a kick in the shins and I understand where their feeling of not being treated just comes from.

oh, it was invitational, sorry :)  have fun :)

He's even excusing himself for Christ's sake...

Sak should check wikipedia for Aspergers ( aka. assburgers ) syndrome. Im pretty sure he has it =P

With all respect, but I don't estimate the ones making such remarks very high.

PreDaToR

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 12:33:57 am »
Wow, you totally got it Raf. Exactly what I was thinking  :o Just didn't know how to say it...

Thor

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 12:48:19 am »
If this is not the case, it may be wise to publish the selection or exclusion criteria

SorZ may probably explain more, but what I know, he asked a few experienced, players who have been on the top about 4-5 years on LX - who still are active - to choose eight best classic players atm.

This has nothing to do with any ivory tower of us oldies, I guess the idea is just to have a tournament between a high quality players.

Of course it's a matter of question, but...

Let's not paint devils on the walls shall we?

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +37/-4
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
  • Jordy and myself in August--RETIRED
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2011, 12:55:52 am »
I agree with Odin there.

Only thing that came up to my mind is,  SoRz decided to create a tournament where people are most likely going to have fun, (so he invited all those who can compete together without acting weird while the tournament lasts).

I'm just surprised that no Emp guys are in(could mention some other currently active clans), when they are really gaining experience in classic as well these days and I'm sure they would play their rounds without excuses as well.

I think it would be wise to let in some of the applicants here, who whish to compete with the "bests". :)
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

Ahmed

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 07:37:21 am »
Oh hey guys....

If this is not the case, it may be wise to publish the selection or exclusion criteria

SorZ may probably explain more, but what I know, he asked a few experienced, players who have been on the top about 4-5 years on LX - who still are active - to choose eight best classic players atm.

This has nothing to do with any ivory tower of us oldies, I guess the idea is just to have a tournament between a high quality players.

Of course it's a matter of question, but...

Let's not paint devils on the walls shall we?

These experienced players didn't want to play? Or are they inactive? If they are inactive how do they know who the best players are. More subjective than anything in my opinion.

Tournaments can be invitation only I suppose, you see it a lot in amateur level sports but no one remembers those. 

However, based off basic university statistics... The sample is to small, the sample was picked on some sort of bias and not random.  Basically the title of this tournament is not very factual and you can't take the winner really serious as being the best at anything except maybe the group of players playing  :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:39:16 am by Ahmed »
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

Sakmongkol

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 09:57:54 am »

And you don't see any contradiction here do you?

I would not object to this if the contest was renamed "King of Classic 2011 in SorZ's opinion", or in the opinion of whoever were the 'few experienced' players who decided the invitees.

Thank you very much, I know I may suffer from some mild form of autism but I'm not really interested in diagnosing myself.
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Lodur

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2011, 10:49:47 am »
I suggest that 8 players can join the tournament and those 8 play against someone who has been invited. But that would require 8 players who actually try to play this tournament 'till the end and not just registed and forget all about it.

I think that would be fair, yes?
When you reach max level you stop leveling

Tafka

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 12:51:45 pm »
I thought it in the beginning too, when I had just registered. Sounds fair imo!

Thor

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 01:46:56 pm »
These experienced players didn't want to play? Or are they inactive? If they are inactive how do they know who the best players are. More subjective than anything in my opinion.

I believe SorZ asked enough much players to vote. Of course it's everyone's subjective vote, but a fact is that there lives a truth too. Especially when you watch the players list of the tournament, liked you it or not. That's why I don't see a problem to name this tournament as "King of Classic 2011".

But earlier King of Classic tournaments have contained more players (?) so also I think that Lodur's suggestion would be fair.

SorZ

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2011, 05:39:22 pm »

Jage

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 06:56:38 pm »
Raf has the point here, enough said about that but the other thing I'm dissapointed in is Sorz's post above. It's not wrong to give constructive feedback so you can't, as a host of this tournament, answer to people like that. Sorz, you've hosted many good tournaments before and helped the community a lot but I'm seeing a bit of arrogance in your style now.

I would also like to see the answer to this from Sorz.:

Nothing personal here Isaac, just being curious. :d

FL3sk

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2011, 07:28:41 pm »
Raf really has a good point here :)

PreDaToR

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2011, 07:43:32 pm »
Sorz, you've hosted many good tournaments before and helped the community a lot but I'm seeing a bit of arrogance in your style now.

That!

SorZ

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2011, 08:46:39 pm »
the other thing I'm dissapointed in is Sorz's post above. It's not wrong to give constructive feedback so you can't, as a host of this tournament, answer to people like that. Sorz, you've hosted many good tournaments before and helped the community a lot but I'm seeing a bit of arrogance in your style now.

I didn't had time to post a huge ass post because I'm was in a hurry so I just left that
picture there, pure troll bait. Hehe ba dum tsss.

Now I'm available for discussion.

But first I'm just curious, exactly which part of the invitation list make you all so turned on?
Someone who doesn't belong there? Someone who's missing?

Ps.

Sorz, you've hosted many good tournaments before and helped the community a lot but I'm seeing a bit of arrogance in your style now.

That!

lol'd.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up