Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ March 17, 2019, 04:47:14 pm
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 78.24.233.66
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
DE nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
US nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Old nick?  (Read 5913 times)

n00bshit

Old nick?
« on: October 05, 2011, 09:01:32 am »
Heya people.

Having problems logging in with my old account. It shows up in the memberlist but when I try to login it says username doesn't exist.

Anyone care to help?

Jage

Re: Old nick?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 09:24:28 am »
If you've changed your name in LXA you must still log in with your old username. If you haven't just ignore this. :P

Example: I make account in LXA with name "[ST]Boss". Few months later I realize the name sucks and I ask an admin to change my name to "Jage". I still have to write "[ST]Boss" to log in tho.

Terrance

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 02:33:27 pm »
what was your old account name?

Code

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 04:39:02 pm »
Example: I make account in LXA with name "[ST]Boss". Few months later I realize the name sucks and I ask an admin to change my name to "Jage". I still have to write "[ST]Boss" to log in tho.
you were [ST]Boss?! :o

n00bshit

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 05:27:13 pm »
what was your old account name?
. f i e r c e . .

I don't remember using any other login name than this, ever.
Then again, last time was long time ago so I might simply not remember :)

joni

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 05:46:26 pm »
Just pass a pm to DarkCharlie, he will help you.

Nox

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 06:36:17 pm »
If you've changed your name in LXA you must still log in with your old username. If you haven't just ignore this. :P

a.k.a [FM]boss?

Jage

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 07:55:45 pm »
you were [ST]Boss?! :o
The name sounds good, doesn't it? :d

a.k.a [FM]boss?
Never heard, sry. :P

Pera

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 10:36:29 pm »
sup fierce

n00bshit

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 09:24:24 am »
sup fierce
Hey man, nice to see someone I actually remember :) got nostalgic and found my way back to these forums to possibly salute and play few rounds with some dogs from the early years, but seems that most of the guys are gone. Heck, most of the community is gone.

How's life around here nowdays? Seems kinda quiet?

Tafka

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 11:51:17 am »
Hey Fierce,

Most of the game is so inactive that in order to play a game you need to contact some guys first, cause hosting a server might leave you to a long wait until someone comes.

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 02:31:55 pm »
Heya Fierce, some of us are still lurking around as you see ;> What an odd name to use though :P Anyways, OLX also seems to have some problem handling NATs which makes hosting hard for some, further crippling activity.

n00bshit

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 04:28:05 pm »
Heya Fierce, some of us are still lurking around as you see ;> What an odd name to use though :P Anyways, OLX also seems to have some problem handling NATs which makes hosting hard for some, further crippling activity.
Didn't bother to come up with a clever username since I'm looking to get my old one back 8) seems like DarkCharlie doesn't check his PM box quite so often though.

It's funny (read: sad) to see that the more the game has been developed the less it has players. I guess part of LX's captivating appeal was simplicity back in the day. Servers were hosted by players (unlike the ones I saw yesterday ingame) and the biggest worry was mortar-noobs :D  Just good ol' "run the game and kick ass" shooting.

I guess it has coasted towards being too complicated to just jump in, but not rewarding enough compared to other high-end games.

Sigh. I guess enough of all the hypothesis crap. How are you guys doing?

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 04:34:22 pm »
Haha, I see. Valid reason, I suppose!

Well, that is apparently under debate, but it sums my opinion up quite aptly as well.

I'm doing pretty well at least, got engaged this summer, studies finishing up and work going on. Life's good but that also means less LX ;< I try to play a few games once in a while, though mostly under cover ^^ I remember us having some good uc games together though! Haha ^^
And you? All well?

Morby

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 05:14:19 pm »
Hey Fierce!

Some of us are indeed still lurking around!

I would blame all those new high tech games stealing the kids from us.

n00bshit

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 07:01:02 pm »
Hey Morbidangel :) how's it hanging?

I'm doing all well. Got engaged too, with the same girl that actually forced me to give up 24/7 gaming back in the days ;D I also put my bullshitting skills to good use and I'm nowdays one of Finland's finest sales agent for my company :D so all in all I can't really complain.
(Ok, maybe can complain about a bigger belly than in my active days, but that aside... ;) )

But I must also say that now that I've roamed around these forums for few days and started to remember more and more about all you guys, I've come to realize that deep inside on some level I'm going to always miss the old times and the LX community.
As sad as it may sound to some people, looking back at everyhting now I can proudly say that it was some of the best time of my life :)
The community was blossoming and most of the time I didn't even need to actually play the game to have a great time. Just few minutes aroud the forums and you were guaranteed something fun, controversial or just some random crap that kept you coming back over and over again. Especially the debates and all the post-clanwar ridicule were epic :D

I don't say that I'd give anything, but I'd certainly give a LOT just to experience one day of those times again.

PS: I know I come off as a sentimental idiot but if you're planning to judge you can go to hell 8)

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 07:14:30 pm »

I'm doing all well. Got engaged too, with the same girl that actually forced me to give up 24/7 gaming back in the days ;D I also put my bullshitting skills to good use and I'm nowdays one of Finland's finest sales agent for my company :D so all in all I can't really complain.
(Ok, maybe can complain about a bigger belly than in my active days, but that aside... ;) )

But I must also say that now that I've roamed around these forums for few days and started to remember more and more about all you guys, I've come to realize that deep inside on some level I'm going to always miss the old times and the LX community.
As sad as it may sound to some people, looking back at everyhting now I can proudly say that it was some of the best time of my life :)
The community was blossoming and most of the time I didn't even need to actually play the game to have a great time. Just few minutes aroud the forums and you were guaranteed something fun, controversial or just some random crap that kept you coming back over and over again. Especially the debates and all the post-clanwar ridicule were epic :D

I don't say that I'd give anything, but I'd certainly give a LOT just to experience one day of those times again.

PS: I know I come off as a sentimental idiot but if you're planning to judge you can go to hell 8)

Wow, hey, I'm glad you're doing well. Then maybe you can take a break and do worse for a night and engage in some mutual entertainment ^^ Do you use skype or something like that?

Yes, I totally agree. I absolutely look back at my LX days with happiness and nostalgia and I think most old lurkers here are feeling the same ^^ Which is why we keep lurking around, right? ;D I think there are some changes that need to be done in order for the community to recover though, but there doesn't seem to be enough people with time and interest to produce anything (me included) towards those goals, so we are stuck here. But you can always stick around and hope, right? ;>

n00bshit

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 07:57:00 pm »

Wow, hey, I'm glad you're doing well. Then maybe you can take a break and do worse for a night and engage in some mutual entertainment ^^ Do you use skype or something like that?

Yes, I totally agree. I absolutely look back at my LX days with happiness and nostalgia and I think most old lurkers here are feeling the same ^^ Which is why we keep lurking around, right? ;D I think there are some changes that need to be done in order for the community to recover though, but there doesn't seem to be enough people with time and interest to produce anything (me included) towards those goals, so we are stuck here. But you can always stick around and hope, right? ;>
Absolutely my friend.

I don't use Skype nor Messenger really, but I'll hang on the for some time now I guess. Played finally few games with Gyogyi, Caldeth, IRC, Korkie and co and it was so awesome that I will squeeze out time to play a little every now and then more often than once every three years ;)

For now I just wish to get my old account working again. Hopefully DC will check his PM box soon.

Tafka

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 08:00:54 pm »
Can you perhaps remember what email you used back then? Maybe you can just search for "LX alliance" there or something to find the registration information.

. f i e r c e . .

copy paste this didn't give you anything either? Or just by email mess around somehow.

Anyway I don't know if you remember me, but it's nice to see someone back who was already playing when I started. I think you were at least. :)

Good luck playing this game and with your wife and sales (I was doing salesjob in USA this summer too, was fun).

And it's good to hear you getting married too Anubis, congratulations.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:02:33 pm by Tafka »

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +37/-4
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
  • Jordy and myself in August--RETIRED
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 08:34:38 pm »
Hey Fierce!

Was cool to see You again today, and I hope we can have some quality chit-chat 'n ingame time in the near future.
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

anything