Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: One Day Fly - [ODF]  (Read 15192 times)

SLak0n

Re: One Day Fly - [ODF]
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 03:13:20 pm »
Oh the drama

Ruki

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 03:40:18 pm »
Well, if members started quiting their clans for them being inactive, who do you plan on playing clan wars versus then? It's not really directed towards ODF but seeing so many changes in clan structures in the community lately, I just have to wonder. I guess it's easier to just switch the clan than to talk to your clan mates and encourage them to play more. I'm glad I play this game so rarely nowadays...

Code

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 04:33:03 pm »
Well, if members started quiting their clans for them being inactive, who do you plan on playing clan wars versus then? It's not really directed towards ODF but seeing so many changes in clan structures in the community lately, I just have to wonder. I guess it's easier to just switch the clan than to talk to your clan mates and encourage them to play more. I'm glad I play this game so rarely nowadays...
Ruki you have no idea :)
I didn't quit Cop because of inactivity. Cop had many periods of inactivity in the past years and that did not bother me. besides, Cop is one of the more active clans nowadays.
and do you really think that it was easy for me to quit Cop? :D it was a damn hard decision since i have been in Cop for some years now, and it has been fantastic. Cop is the coolest Clan out there, and will ever be. i still love you guys <3
I joined this project because i wanted to change something. This game was getting more and more boring for every month that passed. I wanted to change that and make something new.
 Ofcourse you old conervative Rip'er dont like changes like this but thats your opinion, so keep it for youself please.

Ruki

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 09:25:24 pm »
It is not a project, just a new clan. While it might be thrilling for you today, it doesn't affect like that others who aren't involved into it, only causes bad winds for clans whose members are leaving. But personal enjoyment is what the game is all about so yeah...

Code

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 09:45:14 pm »
It is not a project, just a new clan.
might be. I'd like to see it as a project though.
While it might be thrilling for you today, it doesn't affect like that others who aren't involved into it, only causes bad winds for clans whose members are leaving.
yah and before, when everyone stayed in their clans, the winds where better? these "good winds" you are talking about did kill this game. We're all great friends now and no one is changing clans anymore. But it's just those "bad winds" (>Clan changing, flamewars etc) that made this game competive, funny and active. We've seen what those "good times" have given us: huuuge inactivity. Lx didn't die because of bad graphics or lack of mouseaiming. we didnt have those things back then either, when this game was in its prime time. Lx died because of lack of competition. Those Flamewars and Clanchanges where part of the game, and as we stoped doing those things, that part died and with it player left.

Ruki

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 12:10:57 am »
You are right that the game died because of inactivity but it was never about clan hopping or flame wars, it was about variety of competitors, quantity of clans to play with. People remained in same clans for longer period of their active gaming because there were so many opponents to play with. There was also a Clan base and before that Liero World Series. I believe those were the prime times of LX. But joining a single clan you won't change that, you will only be able to play with active players as your clan mates. All of that has died long ago and you won't ever change it. The only thing you will achieve is your personal joy for a while. No doubt some people have no problem with it, for example T-Bag, I highly doubt this guy even knows what a clan is, probably he is changing the tags instead of skins... oh well, good luck with your project and hopefully you can all achieve what ever you want to achieve.

Wander

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 01:00:35 am »
No Ruki, I think you are wrong there.

Loyalty to your clan and everything that we have held so dear in this community, those are all good things when you look at it from a player's perspective. But the game itself needs so much more than that!
At the moment (or say 1 month ago), virtually all clans that can be seen in-game are multiple years old. Most of them consist of practically the same members they had 2 or 3 years ago. Most players have been in the same old, well-respected clan continuously for years. We have all rusted solid!
You may not see this as a problem, but I do. Most of these clans aren't competitive at all anymore, they hardly play clanwars or ever really even try to win a game. All that this game is about currently, is old friendships and relationships. That may suffice for you, but new players don't have those yet. To make this game attractive again for new players, something about the community has to change in-game. This is ofcourse a process that can't really be controlled, but I want to see this change happen, and wish to contribute to it. I think that joining this clan now, being active and having fun (yes that is what this game is about, and what attracts new players as well), is the best option for those who want to stimulate the change that this game so desperately needs!

One thing is sure: If we change nothing, nothing will change. I think that this game has enough potential to become an attractive, healthy game again. But for that to happen, things have to change. That time is now!

Now Ruki, I hope you'll have questions and remarks left. Fire away, because I think we are ready and more than capable to answer them all!

Ruki

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 02:10:39 am »
I agree with you in a way but there are no new players so therefore there is no need for new clans. There is no point in clan wars anymore because there are so few clans nowadays, but then again there is no point in clan wars for a much longer time already as everyone played 20 cws vs every clan existing in the past few years. There is/was nothing to achieve with clan wars for a long time. Everyone could beat anyone, roughly said... no league, no system, no ranking, no motivation, no superiority of a certain clan, nothing. I wish it would be different and last thing I would want to see is that to happen but the game is dying and will die. You won't get it back to where it used to be because there won't be enough newcomers. Game is old, outdated, unappealing and of low quality. Kids nowadays are generations away from playing Liero or knowing it so they won't search for LX. Nostalgics have already discovered LX long ago. It is where it is now, circle of same few people who are stuck in the community. That's why I don't see a good point in gathering active players and breaking their clans for it. Because eventually one single clan of active players is all that will be left. However I see your effort and hopefully you can change something.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:14:13 am by Ruki »

Pera

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 10:42:10 am »
Opinions are like me, awesome.

I think anything new and frest is only positive to this community. It's almost ironical when you add up Ruki's state of mind and his clan "Rot In Pieces".  ;D

Lodur

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 11:10:28 am »
Im glad an oldie made this. Now it has an potential to succeed ! Great thing you are doing here for the players and the community.

Like mentioned before It's the same clans with same people all the time and it becomes harder and harder for new players to join any of these clans because the clans are already full of the members that might not even play anymore. Also clans like WvW, spz, Osp, OwZ and AoG(excluding Caldeth) are filled with good players but none of them just plays anymore. Every members there has been there for years and there is the result.

Perhaps it's not the community dieing slowly and surely but the fact that we are almost everyone grown up men that still have a chance to escape to the world of LX from all troubles of the real life like we used to do when we were kids.  :)
When you reach max level you stop leveling

SorZ

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 01:12:59 pm »
no superiority of a certain clan

::)

Ruki

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 02:29:20 pm »

I think anything new and frest is only positive to this community. It's almost ironical when you add up Ruki's state of mind and his clan "Rot In Pieces".  ;D
Yes, it's about Osp vs RIP really, finally somebody has noticed it.

no superiority of a certain clan

::)

While your clan has a really nice record of the clan wars:

Amount: 561
Victories: 470
Defeats: 91

That is far from being superior. Or is there some other clan with even better statistics? WvW perhaps. Well, they are far from being superior either. With a good day and 20 clan wars with same clan, everyone can beat anyone, as I said before.

And who are the new players who want to join clans you are all talking about?

Wander

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 02:41:49 pm »
Thanks a lot for the positive comments. :)

Ruki, it's true that I'm trying to recruit active, enthousiastic players. But recruiting all active players in one clan is ofcourse unrealistic, this won't happen. More-over, seen as this clan will die in september, it wouldn't be very harmful anyway.
About new players, I have seen quite many in the last month! That, for me, was the starting sign to do this. ;)
This game was outdated, ugly and low quality ever since it was created. These things have never been a factor in LX's success because 10 years ago as well, everyone could play much nicer and better games. With recent development though, the game's quality and aesthetics have improved and may yet improve a lot.
You do have a good point about old Liero players with nostalgia, stumbling upon LX by accident. I myself am such a player and I know there are many more. That generation may be gone indeed, but I think we could be appealing to newer generations as well! As long as I can see a new player every once in a while, I refuse to believe OLX is beyond saving. :)

Roxxy~

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 02:42:14 pm »
Leader
Wander

Members
Mii
Qaz.
Erwan
T-Bag
Code
Joni
ah, cool

Pera

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 02:53:07 pm »

Yes, it's about Osp vs RIP really, finally somebody has noticed it.

Don't drag Osp or anything into this, my point was just that.. well.. it's FUN FUN FUN FUNNYYYY, coincidence? Because to me this community is rotting in pieces.

It is more than likely that when we have this "many" clans that have 1 or 2 active members the active ones are going to get bored etc. and move on. Frankly I found a clan that I really really enjoy. Imo I don't find anything else more boring than being rational in the internets. Well maybe football.

joni

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 11:40:42 pm »
aC -> ODF | 2-0

:( Tough rounds, lemme say that T-Bag just needs a little bit of more practice to get rust off.

R1 [aC] ToT JB

R2 [ODF] Rifle FF

joni

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 08:05:32 pm »
Clanwar report -
vs aC - 1-2
vs aC - 2-0
vs bkS - 1-2
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:18:37 pm by joni »

SorZ

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 11:25:48 pm »
That is far from being superior. Or is there some other clan with even better statistics? WvW perhaps. Well, they are far from being superior either. With a good day and 20 clan wars with same clan, everyone can beat anyone, as I said before.

Look again.

Statistics 2010
Amount: 195
Victories: 180
Defeats: 15
WP: 92,3%

Gives a pretty clear picture if you ask me.
But maybe you refered 'superior' to something else than clanwars, or am I wrong?

mfmr

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, 01:35:56 am »
Hmm, maybe I should reconsider how I'll spend my summer holidays  ;D Nah.. Great idea though! Good luck with this project Wouter, I believe in you :)

Have fun guys! Maybe we'll see each other ingame :) Cya!

Wander

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2011, 11:50:45 pm »
Two clanwars today, both were lost 0-2. Opponents were aC and bkS.
I'm not in the mood to make a full report right now, but both are added to the cw list in the first post. Congratulations to both!

More importantly: I'd like to once again ask my members to register at and visit our clanforums!

http://odf.freesmfhosting.com/index.php

I advise you to put it in your favourites, so you don't have to remember the url. ;)
There are several things there that I'd like to discuss with you all! :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up