Total servers: 4
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by SLak0n August 21, 2019, 04:16:18 pm
2012 (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 pm
[wc] Legacy of the Toilet Warriors Tribute video (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:24:01 pm
Holidays/Me leaving/me coming back Threads (The World Outside) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:14:20 pm
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 80.186.170.22
Game Mode:
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 2.25.112.129
Game Mode:
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: One Day Fly - [ODF]  (Read 16047 times)

Wander

One Day Fly - [ODF]
« on: June 03, 2011, 08:35:50 pm »
ODF is dead.

Leader
Wander

Members
Erwan
T-Bag
Code
Chopper
Jage
Namura

Rules
- Doubleclanning is not allowed.
- Members may take trials. In the first week of trialship, only the leader can recruit/end the trialship. When 1 week is over, any given party of at least 2 agreeing members may take this decision, given the trial's presence.
- Members may start clanwars, trials may only play them.
- All clanwars must be reported.

The idea behind ODF (Long version)
Some years ago, I was new to this game. I started playing it online, and I was immediately hooked up! It was so dynamic, so full of life, so much fun… I immediately loved it.
I always think this is because of the people that were playing it, and the clan culture they had. Clans back then were groups of people who fought together under one tag, battled opponents together, and above all had a great time together. People would stay in one clan longer than in another. They would flame opponents or respect them. They would recruit or kick members. And all of this could change over-night: Each time you opened LX, you wouldn’t know who would have left his clan, which new clans would have been formed or which might have died. This ever changing, vivid world had a certain enchanting feeling, a ‘joie de vivre’ (joy of life), as the French say.
I often see people referring to the ‘good old times’, and each time someone does, this is what I think they mean.

As we all know, things have changed. Loyalty became the highest moral quality, new clans that would die a few months later (as was previously normal) were frowned upon and people who were living the dream I described above were called clanhoppers and not taken seriously anymore. Personally, I was always one of the people who saw this as a good thing. Being loyal to your clan was important to me, and clans that were older than just a couple of months (and later a year, and later 2 or 3 years, …) deserved a certain respect that I wouldn’t easily give to younger clans.
Over the years, however, this all has lead to a very static clan culture. Almost all clans that are around now have been around for years and consist of roughly the same people as 1, 2 or 3 years ago. I can stay away for months and then guess exactly what has changed in clans during the time I was away: Nothing.
The once so vivid and dynamic clanscene that LX had, has disappeared to make place for a very rigid and static one. In my eyes, this has taken away much of the joy that LX used to be. Especially for new players, this is not the appealing game that it was 6 years ago.

Towards the end of 2010, OLX had a deep downfall in activity. Everyone feared the game was finally dying the certain death we had all been predicting for years. However, we survived! Nowadays, activity is actually rising. There are multiple servers on at almost any given time during (European) daytime, and I even see an influx of new players!

It is time for change!

ODF
Our clan (One Day Fly) will consist of many active players (oldies and newbs), taken from as many different clans as possible, who all want to be a part of this change. They all want to be a clan together, fight clanwars together, find new friendships together, and above all: Have an awful lot of fun together!
We will be a fresh wind, blowing change through this community, bringing an active and vivid spirit to this game. Together, we will have a great summer.

And then, come the 15th of September (Mii’s birthday), the One Day will be over and the Fly will die. But ODF’s death will not be a sad occasion, oh no! All of ODF’s members, fresh, vigilant, open-minded as they are, will be clanless! Who knows what they will do? Oldies might return to their previous clans, bringing the spirit of change with them and maybe rejuvenating the clan’s appearance upon their long awaited return. New players might be starting new clans, recruiting even newer players and bringing a more appealing atmosphere to this beautiful game!

Ofcourse, this clan will at most just be a start. It won’t work exactly as I described above, it might not even work at all. But I believe this could actually stir this community up a little, and thus help our game forward. That is why I’m gonna throw myself into this, and give it what I can. I have already seen that there are people willing to follow me into this adventure, and I hope there will be many more. And if it doesn’t bring the change we seek, well… We’ll still have had one hell of a ride! :D

The idea behind ODF (Short version)
A fly has landed in OLX. It’s just a small fly and it won’t stay for long. But the flapping of its wings and the chaos that follows it, will forever leave its mark in this wonderful community.

Contact
Post here!
PM, in-game encounters or any other form of contact is ofcourse fine as well.

Clanwars
ODF 0-2 aC
ODF 0-2 aC
ODF 0-2 OwZ
ODF 1-2 aC
ODF 2-1 aC
ODF 1-2 bkS
ODF 0-2 aC
ODF 0-2 bkS
ODF 1-2 aC
ODF 2-0 aC
ODF 0-2 Str8
ODF 2-1 aC

Date of birth
June 1st 2011
Date of death
September 15th 2011
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:52:19 pm by Wander »

Purplehaze

Re: One Day Fly - [ODF]
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 10:27:42 pm »
Good luck guys!

Sakmongkol

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:28:53 pm »
Good luck noobs! You might need it or you might not but anyway. 8)
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Wander

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 11:15:17 pm »
Everybody needs a little luck now and then ;)
So thanks!

The first post just got a tiny little bit longer! :o

So anyway, I know some people before me have tried to make things happen again in this game. Good examples are MiLeC’s [OD] and Raf’s [gb]. I think these were very good ideas, but they both lacked in one critical point. Neither of them dared to do what was really necessary to make a change: Leave their current clan. But now, the time for change has really come!

Who dares to follow us? :D

Sakmongkol

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 12:56:56 am »
I think these were very good ideas, but they both lacked in one critical point. Neither of them dared to do what was really necessary to make a change: Leave their current clan. But now, the time for change has really come!
But what do you reckon when the fly will have had enough? ^^ What will be its or its members' function then?

~ Miles Davis

Wander

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 01:10:58 am »
And then, come the 15th of September (Mii’s birthday), the One Day will be over and the Fly will die. But ODF’s death will not be a sad occasion, oh no! All of ODF’s members, fresh, vigilant, open-minded as they are, will be clanless! Who knows what they will do? Oldies might return to their previous clans, bringing the spirit of change with them and maybe rejuvenating the clan’s appearance upon their long awaited return. New players might be starting new clans, recruiting even newer players and bringing a more appealing atmosphere to this beautiful game!
^ Something like this, hopefully!

In the end, I'm hoping for a more dynamic clanculture. Note that this would be a more competitive clanculture as well! ;)

Sakmongkol

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 01:13:28 am »
In the end, I'm hoping for a more dynamic clanculture. Note that this would be a more competitive clanculture as well! ;)
Well personally I'm all in for that kind of stuff, so good luck with that! =)

~ Miles Davis

PreDaToR

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 01:27:13 am »
I really like this, I think it's a good idea. I'd love being part of it, but I don't really feel like leaving Emp... I think we will have great clanwars this summer... donno  :-[

Anyway, I'll wish you guys good luck.  :)

SorZ

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 02:04:25 am »
When I read "ODF" first that came to my mind was "One Day Off".  :P

Good luck.

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 08:03:46 am »
I'd agree that the clan spirit is not quite the same as it was before, but the fact that we have some stable clans is nice IMO. I'll be looking forward to see what effect this move will have, anything fresh is always good news. Good luck with that!

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 09:28:31 am »
This is just my thought btw.. Have thought about smth like this for a longer time.
We'll see what happens here.
p.s  0dF would be the nicest combination for the tag.

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

Wander

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 11:23:15 am »
Thank you all for the positive reactions! :)
I'm sure we'll bring this to a good end!

But wait.. How can I be so sure?? :o

BECAUSE T-BAG IS HERE!!!

Welcome to the clan T-Bag, we're gonna have a great ride together! ;)

Sebbe

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 11:25:03 am »
Oh, I see what you did there. 8)

Wander

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 03:23:51 pm »
Hey everyone!

I figured there is much to talk about within the clan, that doesn't really need to be discussed here. For example, I would like feedback from you guys on the rules, I want to explain my policy when it comes to recruiting, we may need an internal clan structure or something.. These are just some things that come to mind, I suspect some of you may have more ideas and/or questions. For all of this, I've made us our own clanforums!

http://odf.freesmfhosting.com/index.php

I just made this in 2 minutes and it doesn't have any content yet, but it will! Right now I don't have much time yet, but tomorrow or so I probably will have time to make it all decent. For now, you can all already sign up and if you want, start making topics :)
(Do keep in mind that atm, anyone can sign up and see your topics! This will change soon)

UPDATE:
I've made membergroups and boards now, and posted some topics I'd like to discuss in the board that only permitted members can see (I first have to give you permission). Please sign up! :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:35:16 am by Wander »

Pera

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 03:39:47 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCtMVaTg3Yk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCtMVaTg3Yk</a>

aC performing act "One Day Fly", the chorus goes something like this "one day I wanna be a one day fly".

Nox

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 05:01:13 pm »
GL_HF  8)

Wander

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 01:47:01 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCtMVaTg3Yk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCtMVaTg3Yk</a>

aC performing act "One Day Fly", the chorus goes something like this "one day I wanna be a one day fly".
:D
It's funny you would bring that up, because you aren't even a Dutch man. :P
But yeah, when I chose this name for the clan, I really wanted to make that song our themesong because it's actually quite funny. But it wasn't until I looked it up later, that I realised only the chorus and title are English and the rest is in Dutch! :D

Wander

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 02:19:12 am »
Shit is hitting the fan AS WE SPEAK, because here is our newest member:

[ODF] Code!! ;D

Welcome to One Day Fly Code, please fasten your seatbelts because we're in for one hell of a flight together. ;)

Lodur

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 12:39:19 pm »
Text by Wander. Lodur gave permission.

ODF had it's first clanwar today! The first opponent surely wasn't the easiest, it was aC!

First round ODF settings: rifles in FF.

Mii gave a spectacular show, playing magnificently and aggressive! Sadly though, Wander played so miserably that even Mii's 17(!) kills weren't enough to win the match. Playing 1vs2 most of the match, Mii still almost made it, but in the end aC still managed to take this win. Great round for Mii!

Second round aC settings: classic in Jukke Dome.

The second round Wander played better, but aC still proves a hard clan to beat. We played well, but on their own set aC again managed to just take the win.

ODF 0-2 aC

Good games!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:56:28 pm by Wander »
When you reach max level you stop leveling

Wander

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 02:02:56 pm »
The wheels of change have been set in motion, this train can no longer be stopped!!

Driving this train to even greater hights, is yet another enthousiastic new member:

[ODF] Joni! :D

Welcome to the clan Joni, I'm sure that together, we will do this all fantastically! ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All   Go Up

anything