Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: ''Welcome to LXA, you can edit your post by pressing the modify button.''  (Read 8220 times)

Sebbe

It was such long time ago I ever saw this button. Not only because we've changed the default theme on the forum, but also because we've grown so damn inactive lately.

In my opinion, we have no reason to play this game anymore - All the new servers look flashy and so, but so many have left the game. It's saddening how this happened, but I guess there is so much you can do instead of playing this game.

About a year ago or so, I was used to see at least 10 clanwar reports a week or so. Now I haven't seen any clanwars ever happening! The reason is simple: Nobody is online and unwilling to clanwar.

Not only the game is becoming inactive, but the forum as well. To tell the truth, the past two years I've attended to LXA and another gaming forum. Back then, LXA was so interesting and fun that I usually forgot about the other forum. However, today is the other way around. This forum has nothing appealing to offer to me.
That's when I thought of the idea to start my Top 5 of everything, to see if anything would change. Such thing would be greatly appreciated on the other forum, but here, nothing has changed.

Other than that, there are posts left from yesterday in the ''most recent posts'' window like everyday. The only active threads are the chat/spam thread and some forum games.

Some people have said that LX has been dead for like a year or so, but today's Liero Xtreme has convinced me that it's dead.

If there would ever become any discussion of this, how would it be possible? Thor, Sakmongkol and Rakkula barely visit and kill time for something like this anymore. Avoiding discussion would be simple - just closing the thread. But that as well would be difficult, since it's only like Ruki that attends to his administration.

Clonclusion: :(

Thor

Re: ''Welcome to LXA, you can edit your post by pressing the modify button.''
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 01:39:59 pm »
It's too bad indeed. I would probably be more around here if:

1) I wasn't busy with my studying
2) The development of OLX didn't contain too big changes compared to 0.56 or older OLX versions. This is an old issue, but I have to say it again. It's not the same game I used to play.

Though, it's still nice to somedays notice MiLeC (yeah, the guy who I use to have nice discussions here on LXA) saying on msn "come play". It's like once in a month, but at the moment it feels enough for me of LX.

The new generation of LX players haven't appropriated of the competive gaming of LX like our generation did few years ago, Sebbe. I have my own opinion of the reason of it, but I think it's easy to guess it.

Good topic, Sebbe.

Code

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 02:05:59 pm »
yeah great topic :)
i have to agree with you. Lxalliance became boring because of this damn inactivity.
people were leaving->less posts->more people were leaving->less posts.
-circulus vitiosus.
but i dont think that we shall give it up yet. if we all would spend just a little more time here we'd soon start discussions (i think thats what makes a forum interesting) again, like grassies zeitgeist thread. I think some older players would return and new players would join aswell.
sure, this sounds almost impossible and utopian, but it is not.
maybe lx isnt dead. maybe its just sleeping ;)

In my opinion, we have no reason to play this game anymore
imo thats bullshit, i started to play lx because it was fun and exciting. i never thought it would be so fun to kill worms in a 2D game with such bad graphics. but it didnt take a long time untill i was addicted to this game. the fast gamespeed and the skills u need to move your worm in a perfect way was exciting. and it still is! today its still the same game. sure, there are only about 2-3 servers at one time, but aint that enough for some cool rounds.
 i'm playing many great round every week. im adding cool ppl to my msn and its allways someone online who wants to play some cool rounds or just come to talk and chill.
and even "noob-servers" are fun from time to time. played Ctf/morts only in a server with 3 clanless players. it was awesome :) with a good teamwork through the teamchat etc.
thats enough reasons to still play the game for me.
sure it aint the same thing like it was 3years ago, but aslong as i have fun while playing its enough :)

my Clonclusion: Lxalliance became boring, but the game itself will allways be fun aslong as you find some great opponents. :) 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:09:18 pm by Code »

Asrack

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 02:13:53 pm »
Go figure. I wonder how that happened.
* Asrack coughs inconspicuously.

Hawk

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 02:39:43 pm »
Play the game and leave the forum.
The best player isn't the one with most kills every game, the best player is the one that has most fun playing.

DarkCharlie

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 03:03:00 pm »
I have my own theory about why this happens :) As you might have noticed, the development has quite stalled for last few months because of time reasons of us, developers. I made a little chart that shows development activity and LXA activity:

You can see that there's quite a big correlation between these. Of course, correlation is not causation but it seems that it's flaming new OLX versions what keeps LXA active :)

Midnight

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 03:42:40 pm »
Ye DC, but in general it also shows that the activity goes down.
Emma Watson <333

<3

Sakmongkol

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 04:41:40 pm »
If there would ever become any discussion of this, how would it be possible? Thor, Sakmongkol and Rakkula barely visit and kill time for something like this anymore.
I come here all the time and I would love to participate in some interesting discussions. I don't like starting topics myself though, but I usually try to comment things that I have opinions about. I think it's like DC pointed out, when there's no development, there's nothing to discuss or flame about.

The game itself is not yet too dead for me. I was never much into the clanwars and 'competitive' playing so the current state doesn't bother me. I can still play a couple of good games almost daily, because some wonderful people like IRC seem to be hosting all the time. And that's enough for me.
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Tafka

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 05:37:50 pm »
One thing is OLX development and there's nothing to talk about. Other thing is clanwar reports, discussions about those clanwars afterwards, skin/mod/level making threads, frontend and such less important too, new competitions like there used to be all the time and so on. There would be enough to talk about it ever wanted.

Lodur

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 06:04:58 pm »
Everyone whined about clanhoppers.. They kept the game alive and clans active and alive.

Everyone whined about lamers, campers, '' you-do-all-for-win '' guys and so on.. Without them/us competition died -> People didn't find the game interesting anymore. Ofcourse you get bored if you just play classic deathmatch with 4/8 server for hours for a few weeks.

It's now obvious already that oldskoolers were right about OLX development. When do you youngsters learn to listen to the ones who actually knew LX.
When you reach max level you stop leveling

Tafka

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 07:03:48 pm »
We should sell our backsight wisdom to other games so they wouldn't have the same destiny, buy some advertisements to this game then and 1000 new people will join LieroX.

DarkCharlie

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 07:40:19 pm »
If we listened to you, LX would've died in 2008, after releasing LX Patch 08. Anything that was added on top of that was wrong according to "wisdoms" :)

Tafka

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 07:49:06 pm »
If we listened to you, LX would've died in 2008, after releasing LX Patch 08. Anything that was added on top of that was wrong according to "wisdoms" :)
You said that to me? :P Yes I think patch2008 is best LieroX there is, that's why I use(d) it, but I didn't even talk about OLX vs LX here, really.

Ruki

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 07:51:21 pm »
If not for OLX, I believe it would have been even worse right now. But what do you expect, PC technology has outgrown this limited game.

Tafka

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 07:55:23 pm »
If not for OLX, I believe it would have been even worse right now. But what do you expect, PC technology has outgrown this limited game.
Well, it didn't really bring new players either as people expected. Only few players came and stayed after like 2008-2009. Most are still before 2008 who play this game.

Sebbe

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 07:57:43 pm »
Thor and Sak: Sorry, I guess I haven't been looking too hard lately. xd

Code: What I meant was that I think that there are other games you can play instead of this one. Unless anyone isn't willing to play, you would rather do something else, right? I think like this because I've found another game more interesting than this. That being said has some to do with that I can barely play the game (not that I'm worse than before). It's because of despite what version I use, I can't join any servers and I can't host due to port issues.
I'd love to play more with people I like however. I've abandoned the competitive way of thinking ever since I joined boss, so it's now all about fun.

DC: Are you certain about that the post increase is due to the development? Because where you've drawn the arrow also indicates how much the development has sunk, which is the greatest decreasement of your nice graphs (really, cool graphs!).
Also, if this is true, would the posts increase if you'd make another improvement, despite the inactivity we suffer today? I'd say maybe.

To be honest, I think the development is a great thing. You've done some impressing stuff to keep this up. But I doubt that the game itself would die if you would stop the development, or creating an entirely new game. There are still reasons like ''uuh i can haz laif'' and such.

But once again, I guess nothing can please everyone. Some people are conservative and some people are not. Those who are conservative are obviously more used to the game than those who aren't. Those who are new don't know anything of what the conservative do, meaning that they don't live up to any ''standard''.

But still, stay cool and remember the modify button!

Tafka

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 08:00:26 pm »

Now we have this :o

Sebbe

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 08:01:49 pm »

Now we have this :o

Actually, you can change themes. It's just that we've changed the default theme into our very own designed theme (I guess).

DarkCharlie

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 11:07:16 pm »
DC: Are you certain about that the post increase is due to the development? Because where you've drawn the arrow also indicates how much the development has sunk, which is the greatest decreasement of your nice graphs (really, cool graphs!).
Also, if this is true, would the posts increase if you'd make another improvement, despite the inactivity we suffer today? I'd say maybe.
I am not sure of course :) This is just statistics, and as I said, correlation doesn't mean causation. And yes, the development has sadly decreased almost to zero in last months.

To be honest, I think the development is a great thing. You've done some impressing stuff to keep this up. But I doubt that the game itself would die if you would stop the development, or creating an entirely new game. There are still reasons like ''uuh i can haz laif'' and such.
The game would not die, but the activity would definitely decrease. And that's what we are talking about.

But still, stay cool and remember the modify button!
I will  ;)

Ahmed

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 06:42:02 am »
How exactly is this game advertised? What makes it unique? What makes it better then the rest? At this point development should be screw what the old timers want, it's time for the new generation. Do any of you old guys see yourselves coming here when your in your late 20's playing a 2D game or doing something for society whatever that may be. It's kind of obvious people are leaving, just give them the blessing to do whatever at least that way some new people can at least enjoy the game like some of us did. It's not like they are removing 100% or Rifle combo. Add what people want and if it becomes a new trend then so be it. An anology I can think off would be facebook. Since 2004 it's changed a lot. The most recent update to the whole layout made people pissed (including myself) but people gave in and got used to it and it's still attracting, opening itself up to people who may have had trouble navigating the old layout. I'm not saying facebook and LieroX are the same but change is the only way to bring in new blood.  In the end if you let it happen the competition will slowly return and maybe one day we can have a crazy active community where people fight to be the best clan, clan wars aren't watered down to 2-4 major clans with the rest being insignificant record boosters.

:)
Edit:
Some advice I'd give would be try to promote the game, maybe get rid of LXA. Well not necessarily get rid of it but try to get a LieroX board hosted on some up and coming game development site like the Gaming Universe was. It could be very benificial. I strongly suggest not just updating the game and not doing anything to get it promoted, you can't depend on the community anymore to carry the game.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:47:45 am by Ahmed »
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

pelya

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 06:12:10 pm »
I've launched OLX last Sunday - there was just one populated server with Cruel mod, and 3 empty ones. So I've joined, and then waited for 5 minutes 'till two last-standing campers finish their stupid camp duel. Then finally the round started, I was given 5 random weapons I don't know how to use, and quickly lose all my lives, then waiting again, ugh.

I don't think I'll ever start OLX in the nearest two month, there's just no point in it for me.
And visiting LXA also has no point anymore, as there's no playing involved.

The same goes for development - I don't want to develop a game noone plays, and I don't want to get blamed about every single change I've made.

Bizkit

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 06:48:38 pm »
Developers left the work unfinished, the game is way too complicated and hence irritating for a newcomer to play..

I for one have to make like 10 changes in settings in order to make it fun to play. Otherwise I'll just get stuck to the ground and can't move around as fluently as I could  in older versions. It is also way too heavy for my laptop and I have to play it with 30-50 FPS..

Wander

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 11:27:53 pm »
I don't think I'll ever start OLX in the nearest two month, there's just no point in it for me.

Pelya... Part of your comment doesn't make any sense to me.
I have experienced the same thing many times, years ago. Nowadays though, there is this neat feature on the top left corner of LXA. Click on the 'Total Servers' title, and it will show exactly who is playing and where. Ever since Run made that, I personally haven't ever opened OLX without already knowing what's what. Apart from this LXA feature, we also have 'server details' now, which shows who's playing in the server.

How could you now be surprised by the noobiness of your fellow players, now that we have those features, and now that there are relatively far less noobs around anyway?

Kristoffer

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 06:39:55 pm »
hey..

the thing I hate with this OLX is that I can't even join servers with my old lierox?

wHY ON EARTH NOT? really smartass who fixed that, omfg makes me pissed when im thinking about it..

edit : just to lame and boring person I think this game is dead (im afraid).. I really liked this but now it's just dead, we all need to face it...

Hawk

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 06:50:04 pm »
Can you see any servers?
The best player isn't the one with most kills every game, the best player is the one that has most fun playing.

Kristoffer

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 06:56:42 pm »
Can you see any servers?

yes I can :)

but I can't join them as I typed, becuase some smart guy has done something stupid? ???

Hawk

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 09:01:00 pm »
I think it's the forced min version thingy. in my server you can play if it's about that :)

SorZ

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 02:16:47 am »
hey..

the thing I hate with this OLX is that I can't even join servers with my old lierox?

wHY ON EARTH NOT? really smartass who fixed that, omfg makes me pissed when im thinking about it..

edit : just to lame and boring person I think this game is dead (im afraid).. I really liked this but now it's just dead, we all need to face it...

Kristoffer that was invented like ages ago by they way..  :P

Code

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 09:02:52 pm »
22.11.11 - 20:58

so who said that Lx is dead? ;)

Midnight

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 09:14:29 pm »
at least i am happy that irc's server satisfies so well.

almost only server at evenings.
Emma Watson <333

<3

Ruki

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 03:09:50 am »
hey..

Kristoffer that was invented like ages ago by they way..  :P
Of course he wouldn't know as he randomly pops up every now and then to ***** and whine about things.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

anything