Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ March 17, 2019, 04:47:14 pm
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 78.24.233.66
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
DE nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
US nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: modding codes(help)  (Read 1725 times)

solano12

modding codes(help)
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:33:26 pm »
well i was creating a mod from some months to here... and actualy i made an acount in LXaliance to solve some questions

after making my weapons (using LMS to make faster the code writing and writing manualy another things that LMS has no compabillity,)

anyway i seem on forum some discussion about new modding codes (wormatractt and thesse things)

so anyone can tell me what versions have compability to this codes?

and if i have to use another program or just compile the changed code with any program?

other question: anyone can send me a list with all codes?

well about my mod i am in hard working about making a balanced mod and  with good and creative weapons

well basicaly i want to know about these new codes and how to use them

ps:my english is bad cause i a'm brasilian and i dont have any english class, i was learning talking on games etc

Hawk

Re: modding codes(help)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 11:03:25 pm »
Gusanos is a newer thing, i think...
The best player isn't the one with most kills every game, the best player is the one that has most fun playing.

solano12

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 11:52:24 pm »
i have seen some of this test codes that looks to be used and i'm not talking in LUA scripting of gusanos(i think)

link of the files that i have seen about this are

http://openlierox.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openlierox/openlierox;a=tree;f=tools/GameCompiler/share/Test;hb=HEAD link 1
what is this ? codes they look to be for OLX

Hawk

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 06:21:32 am »
Then i must say i'm sorry, i don't know about those.
The best player isn't the one with most kills every game, the best player is the one that has most fun playing.

DarkCharlie

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 10:58:21 am »
There have been some enhancements in the modding system since the 0.58 version. These address some of the issues with the old system - mainly reaction to game characters, reaction to other projectiles and ability to make arbitrarily large projectiles. There is a modified version of game compiler but I am afraid you will need to compile it yourself. However, if you do not mind distributing the .txt files, you don't need to compile anything. OLX recognizes the presence of main.txt in a directory as a mod and will compile it on the fly while loading.

As for the exact commands, I'll try to put them on the Wiki in next few days.

solano12

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 06:32:53 pm »
thanks darkcharlie

this new modding system will looks to be very usefull

the text files i see no problem to distribute they cause anyway i learned to script analisyng the codding of another mod

i hope the new comands get on OLXwiki soon

DarkCharlie

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 01:49:45 am »
I've added the commands to our wiki: http://www.openlierox.net/wiki/index.php/Script_cheatsheet. There were actually plenty of them (more than I thought) so it took some time.
If you only want to see what's new, see the Wiki diff: http://www.openlierox.net/wiki/index.php?title=Script_cheatsheet&diff=5043&oldid=3916.

The scripting extensions allow some very powerful things to be done. If there will be enough demand for examples, I'll write some.

However, as the Wiki states, the Gusanos modding engine is even more powerful (you can even script weapon selection, lightning effects and more) and should be used for new mods (for OLX 0.59 and up). There are links on the Wiki to some Gusanos modding tutorials.

solano12

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 06:41:39 pm »
thanks for the list,now i will have more ideas for work

and in question to gusanos.. well i didnt understand well the gusanos codding after i learn it greatly i will change to it  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything