Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rotten Dicksettler  (Read 3729 times)

MiLeC

• Ow Kurt wanna kiss and make up, please I miss your furry hippy face :*:*
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +49/-15
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
  • Wolf in a sheep's clothing
Rotten Dicksettler
« on: July 05, 2010, 09:17:54 pm »
As many in Osp hoped our private satire letter about RIP to be sent for all osper's once in month to be publiced I decided to do so..

This praticular letter we were planning already in 2006 and we have been editing it since then. Moving avarage of server amount is counted with pretty cool program made by Zapp for Ospers to follow LX activity.

This month satire is about current state of LX community and game development.
http://img812.imageshack.us/f/ripq.png

Despite the satire. Osp belive's the development of the game is in best possible hand's. Osp hopes that someday we all once again know wich game we are playing here and wich version ofcourse. Improved engine would be great thing to see.. But Osp remains very sceptic towards it.
As sceptic as towards LXA ladder's wich were under construction 2 years by RIP, and Runy was the main dev there me thinks... what was the name of it?? yea it was??
But anyway most important is people doing effort for general good. But when it's made in spirit "who wins the development competition" it gives feeling that eyes are closed for general good.

No offence. Just to give a one more slap after talking with Ospers what they think made them inactive.. Result's were devastating...

But on the other hand positive for RIP in a way that it builds up RIP odd's to win Osp vs RIP cw...  :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 09:22:17 pm by MiLeC »

DarkCharlie

Re: Rotten Dicksettler
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 09:39:00 pm »
You'll always be the second, wanna-be-also-fun copy of us, OSP  ;) Admit that at last  :P

Tafka

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 09:44:56 pm »
MileC make a 0.56 community til OLX is ready. :)

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 09:54:32 pm »
He's got a point there.

I've been inactive since a pretty long time I guess.
But from time to time, I felt the desire to play LX again.

Too bad that "my" LX is on my old computer, so I had to download OLX. I really didn't like it, because it just wasn't LX anymore. Don't get me wrong, OLX sure is an impressive piece of work, but it doesn't feel like playing the game I loved anymore.
So I downloaded LX 0.56, hoping to get that feeling back. But I could hardly join any server, they were all running on OLX and don't seem to be compatible with LX anymore.
So this is why I stopped playing. It just isn't the same anymore, it isn't the game I used to love.

I  would probably start to play again if I could get my original LX folder back, but even then, would I be able to join any servers?

PS: I don't wanna hurt any OLX-developers feeilngs, or provoke RIP, I'm just saying how it is for me.

Raziel

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 10:15:34 pm »
That's correct.

To be honest, I pretty much agree with the "satire letter" (It's not really satire, it's filled with plenty of real facts). As some justification for the RIP Clan as a whole, I'd like to say, that the moment I quit the dev team was probably the end of RIP support for the OLX project, as entire clan. Now it's just albert messing game and DC following him in doing that, sadly. I don't think (m)any RIPpers use OLX :) That should explain something.

I wouldn't like to start another stupid argue with albert - his voice is unnecessary here, we all know what he will say: "Please send us a bug report". Yeah right.

But what I think about this game, is (and it's a mean note for the developers mostly):

- removing all the unnecessary options, which screwed up the game sounds like a good idea
    - cleaning the code, to make it simply bugless and work on IMPROVING the FPS rate, so far it's decreasing with each "new" version. It's supposed to be a game which can be played on CPU 233 Mhz, while having 10x better hardware still makes it hard to handle OLX. What the hell?
    - bringing back backward compatibility. It was a long story, you were supposed to keep the backward compatibility, but then all of sudden "somebody" changed that.
    - stopping forcing players to update their versions to the new ones, which are screwed up even more
    - finishing the project, polishing the game to its perfection and leaving it as it is. If developers can't stop coding, cuz they are too crazy to do that, they can simply work on OLX 2, and make something totally new. Just. Leave. This. Game. Already
    - don't argue on my points, they are all right, for real. It doesn't matter if you can't agree on this, and you are 110% sure you have arguments against all that. Frankly, the community is on the edge of the extinction, and I would blame developers for that. You wanted to make it better, but you didn't listen to the core of the game, now it's pretty much too late. The game is not the code, it's THE PEOPLE.
    - you could also finally finish the interface engine, perhaps giving this game a new look could attract some people. However, it won't work if you will insist on leaving all the crappy options inside. I would love to hear people opinions about this how they imagine the new interface to look like. Maybe they can show interfaces of other games they like, to make it look in similar way. Pleasing the players should be the most enjoyable part of supporting the game, isn't it right?

PS: I don't wanna hurt any OLX-developers feeilngs, or provoke RIP, I'm just saying how it is for me.

Osp, looks like I do that instead.
Yes, it's Raziel.

Pera

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 10:35:40 pm »
Didn't see this one coming. A post from Raziel wich I totally agree with.

Have you guys noticed btw how it's always either new players or devs who are defending olx. I liked the first 2 or 3 versions of olx but since then I've felt like they always get worse and worse.

Asrack

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 11:16:19 pm »

Have you guys noticed btw how it's always either new players or devs who are defending olx. I liked the first 2 or 3 versions of olx but since then I've felt like they always get worse and worse.

Notice how more and more of us quit LX. I haven't played for along time. Thats not counting the one or two games several months ago I played with a friend. :/

Adam

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 11:29:09 pm »
As many in Osp hoped our private satire letter about RIP to be sent for all osper's once in month to be publiced I decided to do so..

This praticular letter we were planning already in 2006 and we have been editing it since then. Moving avarage of server amount is counted with pretty cool program made by Zapp for Ospers to follow LX activity.

This month satire is about current state of LX community and game development.
http://img812.imageshack.us/f/ripq.png

Despite the satire. Osp belive's the development of the game is in best possible hand's. Osp hopes that someday we all once again know wich game we are playing here and wich version ofcourse. Improved engine would be great thing to see.. But Osp remains very sceptic towards it.
As sceptic as towards LXA ladder's wich were under construction 2 years by RIP, and Runy was the main dev there me thinks... what was the name of it?? yea it was??
But anyway most important is people doing effort for general good. But when it's made in spirit "who wins the development competition" it gives feeling that eyes are closed for general good.

No offence. Just to give a one more slap after talking with Ospers what they think made them inactive.. Result's were devastating...

But on the other hand positive for RIP in a way that it builds up RIP odd's to win Osp vs RIP cw...  :P

You still cant join RIP, Milec, sorry.
Quote from: Asrack
I missed inturpreted that wrong than.
Gezz.

Pera

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 12:06:32 am »

Notice how more and more of us quit LX. I haven't played for along time. Thats not counting the one or two games several months ago I played with a friend. :/

Yes. I don't play a lot and when I do it's always fun to get the 'you have too old version, **** off message'. I'm not going to play on new versions they feel like vegetarians, something's just not right.

Rakkula

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 08:23:11 am »
    - removing all the unnecessary options, which screwed up the game sounds like a good idea
Agreed.
    - cleaning the code, to make it simply bugless and work on IMPROVING the FPS rate, so far it's decreasing with each "new" version. It's supposed to be a game which can be played on CPU 233 Mhz, while having 10x better hardware still makes it hard to handle OLX. What the hell?
Agreed.
    - bringing back backward compatibility. It was a long story, you were supposed to keep the backward compatibility, but then all of sudden "somebody" changed that.
To be honest, albert should never do this. I find it really annoying to play against 0.56/b1/b2 users. They simply won't die on my screen when they are supposed to. Due to similar physics and health calculations things actually happen alike on every screen on new versions.
    - stopping forcing players to update their versions to the new ones, which are screwed up even more
Agreed. Except that the new versions aren't screwed up even more ;)

I think rc3 is without a doubt the best OLX version released to date. It has a couple of GUI bugs, but nothing significant. Nothing that can crash the game and so on.

Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one, and they usually stink.
I started playing LX while you were on your mother's stomach

Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 08:39:22 am »
I have played quite a bit lately with the rc version and I agree it's quite good, of course I hate the physics but it's my problem. I would actually just want to see some kind of 0.56 style restored. As it's now, the physics are fooked and the ability to shoot forward without damaging yourself is not really a part of LX in my opinion. It totally makes it more unfair for players that have mastered the skill to shoot in speed without hitting himself. IMO it should be a feature, but then again, there are enough features already.

What I think should be done. Make an rc version with every possible small detail alike 0.56. Starting from the classic frontend (Have you noticed btw how frontend making has completely died lately?) to physics and shooting settings. Most likely it's also a good idea to separate these versions from one another somehow with tweaking separate server lists to them. Then have the new folk play with rc3 or... what they will. Although

now it's pretty much too late.
Agreed.

RussG

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 10:16:50 am »
And what do we know. Another topic about OLX development. BRB popcorn -->>

Pera

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 10:35:46 am »
Do you know what would be fun? A 0.56 version which denies betas.  8)

MiLeC

• Ow Kurt wanna kiss and make up, please I miss your furry hippy face :*:*
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +49/-15
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
  • Wolf in a sheep's clothing
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 10:37:53 am »
Let me give you one good example of total humiliating rape towards LX 0.56. Made by developers.

LXA resource site was made from idea to get new better homepages for Liero Extreme. Community developed compatible mod packet wich had all needed mods level and skins to give fine start for arriving new players.

I don't know when this has happened. But out of curiosity googled for LX 0.56.

Found this link.

LieroX 0.56b Pack 1.9

I put up an updated LieroX pack (Pack 1.9). No major changes. Inserted links to lx alliance instead of GU etc. A few new levels, and one mod update.

Download:

http://lxalliance.net/lierox/index.php/downloads/liero_xtreme_download.html

Now press the link and Vola.. All hard work made by community to create that best ever 0.56 back is removed you get link to openlx page to DL OLX 0.58 rc 3 wich aint even compatible with 0.56 the one you were searching for...

This is quietly made over old LX resource site. Fightbox got removed, nobody bothered to send me message and warn that stats will be removed so I could save them. (had them saved anyways). Clan section got removed too no warnings to save Osp stuff from there.. Well its saved too anyways...

Most important is anyways. That I belive LX resource site gets highest amount of google hits when searched for LX.. Probability to gain new players in LX 0.56 is near 0%.

While same time propability of old players to move in this new Open LX platform is going downhill if the hill didnt run out already.. The whole brand of Olx bring nothing than sad face for old players...

For the one who destroyed LX resource site wich was made for 0.56. Or let it happen by knowing it was happening.. Should feel ashamed..

Too lazy to create new page for OLX? Too undetermined to outclass LX 0.56 by actually developing better game instead bulding new game over the one wich had gained classic status in eyes of certain players.

Yes everything is late and pointless to whine about this now...  8)

About possible soloutions to fix LX.

Remove all versions of Open LX and offer only one.

Create your own wep pages for OLX, own master server too.

Bring back LX 0.56 and resource site like it was with updates Raziel mentioned.

Make OLX players a hosted board in LXA.. Not like it seems LXA is all about OLX..

Storng roots in LX 0.56. Strong development in OLX.

Co-operation and understanding of these two projects. Other is Dev's play ground mayby they hit something great in future. But mayby they can try to achive it in a way that I dun need to be LAB RAT against my own will..
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:40:13 am by MiLeC »

Gaston

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 11:19:51 am »
Why is it always about the development of the game?

I mean, I am in no way saying things are perfect about developing the way they are, but to be honest, from my experience, there's been a steady decline from about 2006 in regards to people playing the game and community activity.

0.56 seems to pretty much have been the peak, but Jason held out a long while before releasing a successor to it, which proved to be unsuccessful mostly due to it not feeling like 0.56 and a few other bugs which screwed it up. LX Pro and OLX have created a few small peaks, but overall things have been going downway for a long while.

The Stats does somewhat correlate to what I'm saying.  While the postcount is bigger than it was originally, that is attributable to the numerous forum games going on. However if you go by new topics, it's pretty clear that the decline has been there all along. There's a small peak in members in 2007, but that is mostly due to LXA catching on, and many members joining from GU, and most newbies joining LXA.

A decline has been the sound of the whistle for the last 4 years. It's not something that just popped up with OLX...
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

joni

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 11:49:21 am »
Let me give you one good example of total humiliating rape towards LX 0.56. Made by developers.

LXA resource site was made from idea to get new better homepages for Liero Extreme. Community developed compatible mod packet wich had all needed mods level and skins to give fine start for arriving new players.

I don't know when this has happened. But out of curiosity googled for LX 0.56.

Found this link.

LieroX 0.56b Pack 1.9

I put up an updated LieroX pack (Pack 1.9). No major changes. Inserted links to lx alliance instead of GU etc. A few new levels, and one mod update.

Download:

http://lxalliance.net/lierox/index.php/downloads/liero_xtreme_download.html

Now press the link and Vola.. All hard work made by community to create that best ever 0.56 back is removed you get link to openlx page to DL OLX 0.58 rc 3 wich aint even compatible with 0.56 the one you were searching for...
If you search deep enough you can find it from OpenLieroX's sourceforge download site, under category 'packs'.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openlierox/files/packs/LieroX%200.56%20Pack1.9/lx0.56_pack1.9.zip/download

I spent fairly an hour googling and searching this forum to find this when changed computer. Then I remembered that SourceForge has all betas archived in it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up