Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ March 17, 2019, 04:47:14 pm
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 78.24.233.66
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
DE nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
US nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Aurora Borealis - [aB]  (Read 42664 times)

joni

Re: Aurora Borealis - [aB]
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2010, 03:39:00 pm »
how boring is that

Hermod

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2010, 03:42:21 pm »
If you make a poem, then have the decency of making it correct and sound good  :-[

I took the liberty of correcting your shitty poem and making some suggestion:

Aurora Borealis, the most astonishing and beautiful phenomenon on earth.
the sky is lit up in fantastic(this word just doesn't fit) colors.
It's the most amazing thing(thing is usually considered as an ugly and implicit word. Change it.) you can see
and that's the reason we in [aB](don't put a clan tag here. Just say clan or something) have chosen this name.
We are the most astonishing thing(same here) that has ever happened to LieroX,
we will lighten up this game, just like Aurora Borrealis Illuminates the nightly(for instance) sky.
And most important of all:
we will amaze you. (Boooooooooriiiiiing end)

At least try to make this worth your while.

Stupid strafer, my poem is the best. We havn't asked for suggestions!

But if you really want us to change it, you could post a better version of it here.

Sakmongkol

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 04:02:59 pm »
Aurora Borealis, is one of the most astonishing and beautiful phenomens on earth,
the sky is lighted up in fantastic colors.
If you observe the original 'poem' even a little more closely, you should notice that you didn't just correct it, you changed its whole meaning. The original didn't state that aurora borealis is the most astonishing and beautiful phenomenon, just that it is one of them. Also, aurora borealis (when referring to the phenomenon) should not be capitalized, whereas Earth (when referring to the planet) should. Lastly, while I agree with you about the full stop in place of the comma, a sentence should begin with a capital letter. Oh and the word 'fantastic' there sounds all right to me. So, a corrected version, still preserving the original meaning, would be something like:

Aurora borealis is one of the most astonishing and beautiful phenomena on Earth.
The sky is lit up in fantastic colors.

we will lighten up this game, just like Aurora Borrealis Illuminates the nightly(for instance) sky.
I personally wouldn't use 'illuminates' there (especially not with a capital letter), 'lights up' would be good enough. Also there's no need to add the word 'nightly', which was not in the original, but if you insist, at least take the suffix -ly away. Again, a slightly better version:

(W)e will lighten up this game, just like aurora borealis lights up the (night) sky.

About any poetic values I won't say anything, except that I personally wouldn't call that a poem at all.

So, what I'm trying to say is, if you want to correct something, try to correct it correctly or don't bother at all.

And good luck to [aB]! 8)
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Rakkula

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2010, 04:10:42 pm »
Yes alright :D I really didn't bother correcting everything and yes, I changed the whole meaning. That was on purpose though.
Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one, and they usually stink.
I started playing LX while you were on your mother's stomach

Sebbe

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2010, 04:23:42 pm »
Aurora Borealis, is one of the most astonishing and beautiful phenomens on earth,
the sky is lighted up in fantastic colors.
If you observe the original 'poem' even a little more closely, you should notice that you didn't just correct it, you changed its whole meaning. The original didn't state that aurora borealis is the most astonishing and beautiful phenomenon, just that it is one of them. Also, aurora borealis (when referring to the phenomenon) should not be capitalized, whereas Earth (when referring to the planet) should. Lastly, while I agree with you about the full stop in place of the comma, a sentence should begin with a capital letter. Oh and the word 'fantastic' there sounds all right to me. So, a corrected version, still preserving the original meaning, would be something like:

Aurora borealis is one of the most astonishing and beautiful phenomena on Earth.
The sky is lit up in fantastic colors.

I personally wouldn't use 'illuminates' there (especially not with a capital letter), 'lights up' would be good enough. Also there's no need to add the word 'nightly', which was not in the original, but if you insist, at least take the suffix -ly away. Again, a slightly better version:

(W)e will lighten up this game, just like aurora borealis lights up the (night) sky.

About any poetic values I won't say anything, except that I personally wouldn't call that a poem at all.

So, what I'm trying to say is, if you want to correct something, try to correct it correctly or don't bother at all.

And good luck to [aB]! 8)

So Sakmonkol, are you going to become a rocking English teacher? Just a bit curious. :P

Sakmongkol

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 05:53:08 pm »
So Sakmonkol, are you going to become a rocking English teacher? Just a bit curious. :P

Well I am trying to get into university to study English philology. In fact the entrance examination is on Thursday. =)

Don't know if I'll ever be a teacher though. Probably something like that. But I'd rather focus on the 'rocking' thing you mentioned. Honestly I'm not that interested in studying anything right now. :-\
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Hermod

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2010, 06:16:46 pm »
[aB] vs [aC] 0-2

Really good tight games. We'll win in the future.

Lucifer

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2010, 06:21:09 pm »
Yeah. HellOfAGoodGames mates! Hope there will be more of them in future! Though, it till be 2-0 to us next. :D

Hermod

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2010, 06:23:54 pm »
Hell yeah!

Sebbe

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2010, 06:37:19 pm »

My imagination.

OKAY, I'll withdraw now. I promise!

T-Bag

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2010, 07:19:03 pm »

My imagination.

OKAY, I'll withdraw now. I promise!

Could u point out the players among the students and who is the teach. :P

Lucifer

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2010, 08:23:32 pm »
#3 Vs. [Str8] 2-0
#4 Vs. [Str8] 2-0

Players - Hermod, Lucifer, FreeKill, Napkin Vs. Seize, p00, Thug, Kingston, Tytus

Good games! Though the last cw were ****ed up. Nothing worked. xD

Dropkick

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2010, 08:25:43 pm »
It was some good cws :D
This signature is dumb

Midnight

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2010, 08:26:19 pm »
As far as i know Seize cant play during the week and Thug trold me that he was faked etc etc Oo
Emma Watson <333

<3

k00man

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2010, 08:31:18 pm »
Well I was real for sure and Seize or if it was Seize played well so I don't care if he was faked or not  :D Good cws but we didn't do our best though I played only 2 rounds  ;)
Check out my level: Warriors Stronghold

Lucifer

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2010, 08:31:36 pm »
As far as I know, it was Seize and Thug.

Midnight

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2010, 08:32:20 pm »
But i know more far then you ;D
Emma Watson <333

<3

Roxxy~

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2010, 09:03:46 pm »
Hell yeah! =d Welcome [aB]

T-Bag

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2010, 09:06:03 pm »
Here we see what Freekill does when he loses a cw :/

Dropkick

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2010, 09:18:07 pm »
Thats the goddamn truth but i havent lost a cw yet ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:24:23 pm by FreeKill »
This signature is dumb
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Up