Total servers: 3
So close to being revived (Forum Discussion ) by Qaz, June 16, 2019, 10:13:54 am
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 62.0.225.254
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
DE nonstop + voting
Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goodmods  (Read 802 times)

kokbira

• Gi Joe Brown Brazillian Rope-Flying Ant
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +23/-6
  • 3868 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To kokbira
  • ex-player (ex-Flip and ex-s00t clan member)
Goodmods
« on: April 24, 2010, 04:19:09 am »

albert

Re: Goodmods
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 05:04:33 am »
Hah, didn't knew that MS has extended the Batch language. And they succeeded in making it even more ugly than Bash. :)

The problem with the whole thing is, it will not work for network games because OLX finds the mod by the directory name. So if you have renamed the mod directory, OLX will not find that mod when you join a server where this mod is played.

Still nice to see how you hacked the script.lgs reading in such a language, that quite amused me. :)

Btw., if you are interested in supporting OLX, maybe take a look at the OLX code itself, the C++ code. See here for details:
http://www.openlierox.net/wiki/index.php/Development

kokbira

• Gi Joe Brown Brazillian Rope-Flying Ant
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +23/-6
  • 3868 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To kokbira
  • ex-player (ex-Flip and ex-s00t clan member)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 05:48:19 pm »
Hah, didn't knew that MS has extended the Batch language. And they succeeded in making it even more ugly than Bash. :)
It's hard to program on it, so I like it :)
The problem with the whole thing is, it will not work for network games because OLX finds the mod by the directory name. So if you have renamed the mod directory, OLX will not find that mod when you join a server where this mod is played.
Er... I saw it when I tried to play in [ Fast mortars ] server. A popup appeared and informed an error.
Well, thanks to -undo option, I could retrieve old folder names and so all is working now...
But also thanks to my bat, I could erase 7 mods that were old or repeated versions, that I copied from older versions of old LX. And also I could count the number of LX mods (70) and later classify LX mod folder, GUS mod folders and config folders (I put a different icon for each folder type).
Still nice to see how you hacked the script.lgs reading in such a language, that quite amused me. :)
So you discovered the fun of programming on it.
Btw., if you are interested in supporting OLX, maybe take a look at the OLX code itself, the C++ code. See here for details:
http://www.openlierox.net/wiki/index.php/Development
I love C++ and I have lots of ideas to improve OLX (OLX quests/OLX adventure, OLX accounts with world rankings and clan registering, OLX mobile ...), but also I have no much time. Pehaps one day...

Tafka

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:48:01 pm »
Kikbira if you know how you could make a clan base instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up