Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ranking  (Read 825 times)

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Ranking
« on: March 23, 2010, 03:27:51 pm »
The best players atm(absolutely everyone) run for life, wank(camp), waste time - that all in critical situations.
You should see aC vs vB cw sometimes, Albert. :P
Not that I hate running or hunting, but would be cool to have some fun games from time to time. And with complete ladder system this wouldn't be possible.

About me being an old or new player. I'm old for most of the LX players. But I'm still new to real Osp players for example..  And I for example know exactly which new clans are evolving. But they're just not on the same level yet.

There is nothing I want or demand. But I really don't like that ladder system and to face the truth, I don't like dedicated servers, cause they're useless and there are already too many of them.

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

albert

Ranking
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 04:08:55 pm »
The best players atm(absolutely everyone) run for life, wank(camp), waste time - that all in critical situations.
You should see aC vs vB cw sometimes, Albert.
Not that I hate running or hunting, but would be cool to have some fun games from time to time. And with complete ladder system this wouldn't be possible.

I don't quite understand what you mean.

You think running/camping is a good & fun way to play the game? And you are afraight that such gameplay would disappear with a clan ladder system?

You think there wouldn't be any players anymore which would play just for fun?

And you know that those players which run away aren't really good on the dedicated servers because they have unlimited lives and only the kill amount count? I.e. that means, those players who fight most and don't run away will have the highest score. In my opinion, this is the most important element for a fun game.

Btw., what other games do you play except LX? And why do you like them despite they mostly have clan ladder systems and dedicated servers?

Also, in other games, if you are in the mood to just play for fun, on what servers do you normally join? On public dedicated servers or on private servers?

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Ranking
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:29:31 pm »
No I mean running and camping isn't a fun way, but with ranking system, there wouldn't be relaxed gaming.

When I wanna play for fun, I would definately not go on deds, because
1. there is noone
2. everyone plays there camping and running because of ranksystem
3. only people I see there anyway, are Brazilian players

BTW we're getting off-topic. When you still wanna ask for the third time what I meant, just pm me. I'll just start using copy-paste soon, to reply to you.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:31:41 pm by NouZ »

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

albert

Re: Ranking
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 09:14:57 pm »
I just splitted the topic.

No I mean running and camping isn't a fun way, but with ranking system, there wouldn't be relaxed gaming.

I fully agree that running/camping is not fun.

That is exactly the reason why I hate playing with limited lives. The whole problem about running/camping is not there with infinite lives.

That's also exact reason why a ranking system which is mostly about kills is good: Because running away is totally a stupid idea and you just will loose the game if you do that.

1. there is noone

Uh, when do you play? Most of the times when I check, it's the fullest server. And if there are not much other servers (at some time in the night for example), it's the only server at all where I can meet some other people.

2. everyone plays there camping and running because of ranksystem

Uh, what? People who do that are far far on the bottom on the ranking list because running away gives them huge disadvantages. All the people on the top of the rank list never run away.

Ranking actually is a reason not to run away. Running away only makes sense if there is limited lives.

Just take a list at the current rank. No campers/runners are on top.

3. only people I see there anyway, are Brazilian players

Are you playing in the middle of the night where it is evening for them? (You are from Europe, right?) About 2-6 am in the morning (Central Europe time), I see mostly Brazillian people (it's about 23-3am for them). When playing at about 18-23 o'clock, I see mostly Europe players.

When are you usually playing? I think I have never seen you (and I'm quite often on it). Or what is your nick?

And what other online FPS do you usually play despite LX?

crzylieroguy

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 03:15:01 am »
the thing that is not so good about ranking is the kills are easier or harder to get.
For Example: it is way easier to get kills with mortars then with the weapons on the liero 2.0 mod.
>So I think maybe instead of kills in the ranking it should be points. Some kills in mods would be X amount. and others would be Z amount. Ex: mortar mod kills= 5 lkpts and liero 2.0 mod kills = 10 lkpts

*lkpts= liero kill points

albert

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 03:18:50 am »
Ah yea. Well, I'm only the admin of those ded servers where there is only a single mod all the time (like Fast Morts, Promode 0.59 Morts, Small game or special game, or also original Liero or Gusanos - if those are up at some point).

Pelya is the admin of this Games nonstop server with different mods all the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up