Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.59 beta  (Read 74114 times)

Hawk

Re: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.59 beta
« Reply #260 on: February 09, 2011, 09:48:08 pm »
did you see my post`?
The best player isn't the one with most kills every game, the best player is the one that has most fun playing.

IRC

« Reply #261 on: February 10, 2011, 03:36:22 pm »
It is pretty goddamn annoying when I see alot of servers with N/A ping, and I can't join them. Everyone else can I dont get it. I suspect its because that they somehow host without using 23400 port. But how can the others join i wonder.

That's weird because AFAIK you can host. Those who can host should be able to connect to any server. Could you please try joining a blue server and post the newest log file (stored in My Documents\OpenLieroX\logs)?
H: OpenLieroX/0.58_rc3 is starting ...
n: Free memory: 4045 MB
n: The server behind a NAT did not reply to our challenge.
W: Bad connection: Cannot connect to the server.

Do you host on the standard LX port (23400)?

I do host with the normal port yes.
Cop is my legacy.

DarkCharlie

« Reply #262 on: February 10, 2011, 08:15:21 pm »
did you see my post`?

Yes, I did and have nothing to add. If rc3 works or if it failed only once, I can hardly replicate that to fix it.

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2011, 10:05:40 pm »
It is pretty goddamn annoying when I see alot of servers with N/A ping, and I can't join them. Everyone else can I dont get it. I suspect its because that they somehow host without using 23400 port. But how can the others join i wonder.
I have the same problem. I see servers that have no ping. They show as "playing" and I seem to be able to get the details from the server. But when i try to join, it seems to time out.So far every attempt I have made connects to the default port, but my suspicion is that they are hosting on a different port and that it is somehow not registered.

DarkCharlie

« Reply #264 on: February 21, 2011, 03:36:11 pm »
I've been checking the code but haven't found anything suspicious yet. Stay tuned :)

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #265 on: March 04, 2011, 11:02:52 pm »
It seems my earlier bug report was false. I think it was a cooincidence that they all had the same port. I have seen several "blue" servers using a different one. When connecting the request still times out. Regardless of port.

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2011, 12:30:44 am »
When I try to play 0.59b, I get some strange results. Does anyone else have them?
When I spawn, all i see is a ninjarope coming from where I would probably have spawned and no skins are rendered at all. Of the other players, I can only see the ropes. And even that looks weird. I'll see if I can file a more detailed report later. This happens both in local and network play. Also, gusanos looks absolutely horrible. I'm also worries about the physics, as some projectiles seem to move only in one direction (always right for the ones I tested) and are almost all black.

SorZ

« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2011, 12:42:15 am »
When I try to play 0.59b, I get some strange results. Does anyone else have them?
When I spawn, all i see is a ninjarope coming from where I would probably have spawned and no skins are rendered at all. Of the other players, I can only see the ropes. And even that looks weird. I'll see if I can file a more detailed report later. This happens both in local and network play. Also, gusanos looks absolutely horrible. I'm also worries about the physics, as some projectiles seem to move only in one direction (always right for the ones I tested) and are almost all black.

Never experienced.

But I have constant problems with OLX skips counting some kills and fuxing lives etc in scoreboard.
Also the spawn bug was taken to another level here, it sometimes makes you invisible to other players etc. Which make them unkillable for you, since they can't see you and their clients can't register your bullets.

Those 2 horrible game-ruining bugs has been there since the very first 0.59 b9 release.
Reason why I still stick to rc3.

jokagetto9

« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2011, 06:57:15 pm »
Hey I was wondering if theres an esay way to disable the ingame announcement sound files.  Is the a file I can use from 0.58 to replace the file where those sound files are referenced? Or do I have to remove those references from the file....or replace the sound files with empty sounds....

DarkCharlie

« Reply #269 on: March 19, 2011, 11:47:55 am »
The filenames are referenced in the exe file so replacing isn't an option. Deleting/renaming the sound files should work though.

Tafka

« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2011, 05:06:41 pm »
Yesterday I played too. Many times I didn't spawn when I died. When in lobby, it always shows max kills 15 and 100% loading time, no matter what settings there actually are (so I never know in Lobby whats up).

But the problem is with hosting, I made the bandwidth test (but I got Power-boost, which makes internet temporarily 10x faster). When people joined my server there was normal at start, but in the end it lagged even with 4 players (700 ping etc). I should be able to host to like 10 with my upload (at least with old LX).

DarkCharlie

« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2011, 10:05:12 pm »
Yesterday I played too. Many times I didn't spawn when I died. When in lobby, it always shows max kills 15 and 100% loading time, no matter what settings there actually are (so I never know in Lobby whats up).
That should be fixed, wait for new beta :)

But the problem is with hosting, I made the bandwidth test (but I got Power-boost, which makes internet temporarily 10x faster). When people joined my server there was normal at start, but in the end it lagged even with 4 players (700 ping etc). I should be able to host to like 10 with my upload (at least with old LX).
Always measure the bandwidth using standard internet speed, else OLX will wrongly calibrate the network and cause lag.

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #272 on: April 15, 2011, 10:15:43 am »
Is there a comprehensive changelist for 0.59 anywhere? I don't really feel like going through the commit history.

albert

« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2011, 10:30:11 am »
Hehe, I just checked. We do have a ChangeLog (under doc) file but nobody really updated it for 0.59. :) Usually, to update it, we indeed go through the whole commit list.

But check out the starting post in this thread. There is at least a summary of the changes.

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2011, 10:15:55 am »
I suggest you replace the old version of Worm War II currently distributed with OLX with the new version

http://www.lxalliance.net/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=item;id=5716

Wk3 Purkki

« Reply #275 on: September 24, 2011, 08:10:01 pm »
I havent seen any action long time in page. So, is there a going to be a update/patch?

Sorry if wrong section, or if I messed up something...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:24:13 pm by Wk3 Purkki »

DarkCharlie

« Reply #276 on: September 24, 2011, 11:46:14 pm »
Yes, there is but cannot tell you the exact date.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up