Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ March 17, 2019, 04:47:14 pm
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 78.24.233.66
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
DE nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
US nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why doesn't my host with b2 work?  (Read 6889 times)

Roxxy~

Why doesn't my host with b2 work?
« on: November 16, 2009, 04:18:40 pm »
I have found that b2 is teh best of all betas and i would like to host with it.

But how? I have made stuff to firewall and ticked the box, do i need more?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 10:17:33 am by ~Roxy~ »

Tyrael

• You are no one, just like me.
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +37/-2
  • 3106 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Tyrael
  • Sometimes things get complicated.
Re: Where can i get themes to lx 0.56b/How can i put own pictures to them?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 02:23:32 am »
D:\Games\LieroX v0.56b Pack 1.7[CVR.pl]\Data\frontend
(In even more simplified, where your LX is)

There you can change everything you want. Just remember to keep up a back up  copy if you majorly f*ck something up.

Roxxy~

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 02:58:27 pm »
ty. :)

miri

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:43:46 pm »
And that's serious. Back EVERYTHING up before you mess around. May not matter that much in 0.56, but the latest versions are full of configuration files. Mess something up and you have to redownload the big pack again.
And you want a frontend for 0.56? Hehe. Anyone else here interested in one (0.56, I mean)?
Where to get 0.56, by the way?
[Cop] miri

Tafka

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 07:50:49 pm »
www.lieroxfin.net

0.56 pwns all the rest.

Sebbe

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 07:53:26 pm »
And that's serious. Back EVERYTHING up before you mess around. May not matter that much in 0.56, but the latest versions are full of configuration files. Mess something up and you have to redownload the big pack again.
And you want a frontend for 0.56? Hehe. Anyone else here interested in one (0.56, I mean)?
Where to get 0.56, by the way?

I'm working with one right now, because Safe Sex is ehehrhrh, I mean, 0.56 is the best!

Ruki

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 08:09:04 pm »
How about checking the Filebase for Frontends? I wonder why there is Filebase...

http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=8

Asrack

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 08:10:55 pm »
How about checking the Filebase for Frontends? I wonder why there is Filebase...

http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=8

I'm curious as to why Filebase isnt named "Downloads". It makes more sense to me.

Roxxy~

Re: How to put signature here in Lxa?
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 07:14:57 pm »
Hope that somebody could help. ;D

Flaw

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 07:52:51 pm »
Profile -> Forum Profile -> Signature -> Enter what you want there -> Press Change profile at the end of page.
"I'm a ****ing starship. I'm allowed to cheat." -  The Arbitary

Tyrael

• You are no one, just like me.
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +37/-2
  • 3106 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Tyrael
  • Sometimes things get complicated.
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 08:49:25 pm »
If you want a picture there, you have to upload it first somewhere (imageshack.us) or something.

Then use to get it visible. I'm not sure how large the max size of the picture is. 500x150 or something?

Roxxy~

Re: Why doesnt everybody use LieroX/0.56?
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 11:21:39 pm »
So Why? read the first sentences, from my first Post.

RussG

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 09:45:28 am »
Nice way of recycling a topic. xd

I agree. Every whateverthehell number of betas of olx's I have used suck major compared to 0.56 with 08 patch.

But this has been discussed before so I doubt anything new will be said here.

albert

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 01:07:20 pm »
Not sure if you, Roxy, has been around in earlier discussions. Also, can you maybe say what exactly you like more in LX56?

Some summary why LX56 is bad:
- It only works on Windows. (You know that there are many other systems and also quite a lot of LX players with them?)
- It behaves different on every computer. I.e. your worm speed, all the physical behaviour, friction, etc etc - all this depends on what computer you play.
- It depends even more on your MaxFPS setting.
- Fair gameplay is not possible (because it is just different on every PC - there always will be some which unfair advantages over you).
- Only supports up to 8 players.
- Net engine sucks. That causes problems like staying in lobby and much more.
- Connect during game is not possible.
- Gives full access to your system via uncountable security holes. (Really. That is quite serious to some people. Or do you don't care about giving full system access to everybody?)
- Physics sucks after all. You don't have the possibility to play it like original Liero.
- No scriptable levels / mods.
- No dedicated servers possible.
- It's just unstable. Quite a lot of crashes.
- You are not able to edit some settings you maybe want to edit.
- You can not add/remove bots in game.
- You can not change settings (like maxkills, timelimit - or also key settings) in game.
- Many people cannot host because of their Internet routers (and missing/wrong configuration).

Despite the fact that all of this is fixed/better in OLX, there is also a lot more nice stuff (don't want to list all of it here) and the interface also has recently become simpler than LX56 (that was for long time a reason for many to not like it). Simple LX56-like gameplay works much better in OLX, noone ever had any problems with that anymore in OLX (compare that to LX56), so there is simply no reason not to use OLX.

Roxxy~

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 01:19:40 pm »
It's best, cause it havent been ****ed up with all the new things. U guys are made quite big job for Betas and rc's, U have my respect.

- Mine 0.56 have never crashed
- What about fairplaying in other betas and rc's.
- Connecting during game is good, but i dont think that is very important
- Sure, There should be "i want join" message.
- "Physics sucks", i dont thinks so, It doesnt affect in the game itself, its same game Physics sucks or not.
- I think there is enough levels and mods
- Who needs dedicated server, if there is Players hosting?
- Who someone wants to play with bots in internet? There is Local game, btw

I just like LieroX/0.56 better, and that's my opinion.

~Roxy~

Rakkula

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 01:37:58 pm »
0.56 is simple the best, SO why have been made betas, rc etc?
That's your opinion only. Maybe it's simply based on the fact that you're used to 0.56 so you hate everything new mainly because it's new.
It's best, cause it havent been ****ed up with all the new things.
****ed up? I don't think so. Yes, I do think the new betas have many useless features and new bugs.
      On the other hand many older bugs are fixed, good features implemented etc. And yes, many betas that are different from one another cause imbalance. But maybe that's ultimately just the community's fault? You won't update because you're so used to 0.56 you automatically call everythin new ****ed up or something like that. If albert had made every OLX version incompatible with one another some would update to the new one always but some would stick with the older betas. With compatibility people use different versions, yes, but these days I'd say the majority uses the new betas. And that's good to my mind.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't blame albert for trying to improve this ****ed up game. My guess is that there would be around 0 new players without OLX. So think about that. I too get pissed sometimes about something in the new versions, but in the long run I think OLX is heading the right way. I think OLXs pwn 0.56 easily.
Yeah, you're probably the only one thinking that way. Among a small minority of flaming and conservative "lx veterans".
Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one, and they usually stink.
I started playing LX while you were on your mother's stomach

albert

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 01:44:14 pm »
- What about fairplaying in other betas and rc's.

It's completely fair there. No problems. On every system it is exactly the same. Noone will get any unfair advantages.

- Connecting during game is good, but i dont think that is very important

Maybe not for you. But this is some of the most fundamental things a multiplayer action shooter game must have IMO.

- I think there is enough levels and mods

That was not my point. I said there aren't any with dynamic/nice background and other scriptable elements (because that is not possible in LX56). For example jumppads or damaging elements in levels are also not possible in LX56. Or you cannot set fixed spawnpoints in LX56.

- "Physics sucks", i dont thinks so, It doesnt affect in the game itself, its same game Physics sucks or not.

Have you played original Liero once? Or Gusanos?

- Who needs dedicated server, if there is Players hosting?

Noone would be able to host 24/7. Also, in many cases player cannot host for more than 8 people or so because their Internet connection is too bad. You don't have those problems when you run a dedicated server on a dedicated host.

- Who someone wants to play with bots in internet? There is Local game, btw

You understood me wrong. I said you can add/remove bots in game. It doesn't matter if it is a local game or a net game. But it can be usefull in both cases.

Yea well, of course you can have any opinion you want to have. I was just trying to understand why you have that opinion.

Is there any reason for it?

Roxxy~

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 01:52:27 pm »
I started playing with 0.56, i got my best experiences from there. That's why.

Its cool that there is dedicated servers and stuff.

U sure know these things.

Rakkula

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 04:23:42 pm »
I started playing with 0.56, i got my best experiences from there. That's why.

What the hell did you make this thread for? Just to ask an unnecessary question with an obvious answer?

Sebbe

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 04:31:42 pm »
Seriously. Arguing about all betas and shit is like arguing which cellphone works best.

Some people prefer to pay little to nothing to get a phone that can text message and actually call and recieve calls, while there's others who would waste a crapload of money to just get stuff like cameras, touchscreen and other features that you actually don't need to fulfill the goal of having a personal phone. >__>

It's either to be hardcore or damn lazy, that is.

Some people like cake...

Roxxy~

Re: Why doesn't my host with b2 work?
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 10:19:26 am »
So pls tell meee.

Roxxy~

Re: (No subject)
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 01:18:42 pm »
Sry for double post. I really want to host with it, cause there is "i want join messages", i can set spectators etc.
Thx!

Jage

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 03:28:48 pm »
If you don't get it to work try b1, it's almost as same as b2 but without nice lagshield.

DarkCharlie

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 03:33:46 pm »
There can be million reasons. Do other versions (esp. 0.58 rc3) work?

BakTer

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 04:20:27 pm »
yeah dont be a fkup witch no one want to play with (or try rc1 instead of rc3, because rc1 aimspeed is way closer to .56 one)
wut?

Roxxy~

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 06:55:27 pm »
I have tried b1, it won't work, rc3 i have it works. I like more the way what .56, b1, b2 looks, specially healt system

Rakkula

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 07:23:52 pm »
I have tried b1, it won't work, rc3 i have it works. I like more the way what .56, b1, b2 looks, specially healt system
You like b2, because you don't suck as much with it. You like b2 because it's lame. Don't tell him how to fix his host with it.

Jage

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 07:46:26 pm »
You like b2, because you don't suck as much with it. You like b2 because it's lame. Don't tell him how to fix his host with it.
He wants to use and host with b2 not to use rc3. So if you're not going to help him you shouldn't be posting here.

@ Roxxy: You could PM Laku because he knows (atleast he did :P) how you can get your host to work.

joni

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 07:49:11 pm »
I use 0.56 and b2. Do we have a problem here sir?
From my point I'd call all new openlieroxes as cheat and hack, since even self-shooting is mostly unpossible. So shut the fck up. :)

Roxxy~

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 07:56:47 pm »
I use 0.56 and b2. Do we have a problem here sir?
From my point I'd call all new openlieroxes as cheat and hack, since even self-shooting is mostly unpossible. So shut the fck up. :)
Sucks that players with "new" olx can just fly to a tunnel, BOOM, full combo in my face. Then with 0.56, fly to the tunnel full combo, BuFF ".... commited suicide" ;S

albert

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 12:50:07 pm »

To make 0.58rc3 like 0.56: You can change the healthbar like in 0.56. You can disable the damage notifications. And you can change the theme to 0.56. And you can change the aimspeed so that it is like in 0.56.

RussG

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 10:13:55 pm »
You like strafe, because you don't suck as much with it. You like strafe because it's lame. Don't tell anyone not to tell anyone what not to do what what what when whooo.

Kingston

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 10:23:16 pm »
You like strafe, because you don't suck as much with it. You like strafe because it's lame. Don't tell anyone not to tell anyone what not to do what what what when whooo.

Helpful.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

anything