Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ March 17, 2019, 04:47:14 pm
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 78.24.233.66
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
US nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta testers to LieroX mod maker  (Read 3270 times)

fluoZor

Beta testers to LieroX mod maker
« on: October 11, 2009, 10:29:22 pm »
i've creating an lieroX mod maker, which lets you create lierox mods pretty easily.

It's not yet ready, but i need some experienced modmakers as betatesters, when i get first beta ready.

DarkCharlie

Re: Beta testers to LieroX mod maker
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:42:27 pm »
Hey cool, I am a volunteer :)

Are you also planning to implement the OpenLieroX 0.58 extensions? Would be pretty nice.

What language are you programming it in?

fluoZor

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 11:11:28 pm »
i'm using the game maker creation program right now, but i will maby create c++ version if i learn about the filewriting.

DarkCharlie

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 11:16:55 pm »
i'm using the game maker creation program right now, but i will maby create c++ version if i learn about the filewriting.

If you used C++, then you could reuse OpenLieroX code to compile everything. You wouldn't have to care about any changes in the modding system then, as your program would get updated automatically.

fluoZor

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 11:40:46 pm »
ok i learned to write to file, i'm gonna make an c++ version.

Let's see about that other thing

pelya

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 12:19:32 pm »
Well, we have Liero Mod Scripter which was written in Visual Basic and doesn't work on Windows Vista, and it's not up-to-date with modding system extensions.
Also we have command-line Game Compiler which will just convert your .txt files in .lgs file which OLX will use - it should be up-to-date.
OLX starting from 0.58 can compile .txt files into the mod on the fly, without .lgs file.

So, all you have to make is nice text or properties editor, with smart file walking, then feed the result to Game Compiler.
I suggest you looking at Liero Mod scripter as example.

Also, if you wanna make something, don't use C++ - it's very complicated for a starter, you'll achieve better results with Python or some other language.

BTW will it work on Linux?

albert

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 01:33:48 pm »
Another suggestion:

You could make the mod editor ingame. Like the level editor. What I have in mind is:

You can directly add a weapon and test it and play with it. And there could be a nice menu where you can edit the properties of each projectile.

And all this can be loaded / saved to gamescript sources.

pelya

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 02:32:37 pm »
Well, I thought of that, but it desperately requires new GUI engine - I don't feel like hacking in with our current classes.
Or if not skinned by .XML files or whatever for GUI, let's make at least it more comfortable to code in C++ (though I don't know how, wxWidgets is not much better than our skin classes, and I don't know any other decent GUI library to be an example for us).

albert

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 02:40:18 pm »
Well, I thought of that, but it desperately requires new GUI engine - I don't feel like hacking in with our current classes.
Or if not skinned by .XML files or whatever for GUI, let's make at least it more comfortable to code in C++ (though I don't know how, wxWidgets is not much better than our skin classes, and I don't know any other decent GUI library to be an example for us).

Please no extern GUI library in OLX.

I would code some general listview or something (extend just the current one). Some extra buttons for adding specific settings - that's it.

And I would implement different resolutions for this, so you can work with high resolution which should be much more comfortable.

Btw., fluoZor, if you are interested in this idea, you are very welcome in our team and you could directly work in our Git and we could help you. I would suggest to make a special branch for your side project.

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 10:56:03 pm »
Sorry for gravedigging, but I found the thread to be interesting. What I will write is also pretty much off topic as well ;P But here goes:
An ingame mod editor would be awesome. Would it be possible for OLX to load weapon and projectile files on the fly or perhaps insert them into an already loaded mod? The ingame mod editor could then generate files through some UI and then load them as they are written and saved. I sense some risks of crashing the client with recursive projectiles and stuff, but one should be able to live with ones own stupidity ;>
I'm mostly interested in the old LX format as I haven't checked the gusanos one yet, but it might be a cool thing to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up