Total servers: 2
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ March 17, 2019, 04:47:14 pm
DE nonstop + voting
Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
US nonstop + voting
Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LX thru the AGES  (Read 2121 times)

Gr.im

LX thru the AGES
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:40:23 am »
Hey, I played LieroX maybe 5~6 years ago (0.56 days), and today, when I was taking a shower, I suddenly remembered this game. I did a google search and I got to this site. I guess you guys broke away from GU...

Anyways, I just want to see how the community and the game has evolved. Are there still "20% mortar combo n00bs" and "l33t 100% Liero 1.0 pros" and the like or are there new trends now?

When I played, I was in [aK] which was Linkman and Jesus's clan, which eventually merged with 1st, then changed into [PwN] and eventually merged with ~Alt~. Eventually, I left 1st and became inactive because there was definitely a rift between the 1st and the original ~Alt~ members (the original ~Alt~ members had a  feeling of superiority over the 1st members and were being rude on the ~Alt~ forums). I went under the name [PwN]Grim. Are people like navi, navi's brother (forgot his name), and Jesus still around? Or have all the people from that timeframe moved on to bigger and better things...

I'm sure that many [Rip] members are still active and can  tell me about how LieroX has progressed (ruki I'm looking at you  8) ).

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:47:50 am by Gr.im »

Sebbe

Re: LX thru the AGES
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 07:07:32 am »
Hello there! Cool comeback, lol.Where are you from? Would you mind to tell us what mod and stuff you like?

About nowaday's community; It's way worse than I can remember since 07. Always getting worse as well.

There's a certain developement team that works to improve Liero X. The new LX is called OpenLieroX

[RIP] is still around, but not as active as they were in your times I geuss. Most ''l33t 100% Liero 1.0 pros" visit this site, but mortarplayers can be found in LX.

Cheers.

Asrack

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 07:26:16 am »
Actually mortars are still played, and more accept then they used to be. But thankfully are found less then normal.

Welcome back by the way.

Anyway, I would suggest downloading 0.56 and the LieroX 2008 patch if you want to get back into it.

A lot of RIP is still around on the forum boards actually. Ruki, Raziel, Dark Charlie, Adam, and a couple others. No, Navi, her brother, and Jesus are not around. Pwyll quit a year ago. So did most Alt players. Legend and Bomb are still around though, Alt has merged and became [AoG] which has it's own board on teh forum.

I'm trying to remember all of the players. Cloud plays reguarly, hes in a clan with Gigolo and I. But most of [LcD] is gone. I suprisingly saw Tbfc.ee yesterday, and [Sun] Shiny from time to time. (Not sure if you know some of these people.)

Once and awhile you might catch an Osp hosting, but not likly.

Thats all I can remember at 2:30 in the morning lol.

As for the community, it's failing slowly...

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 07:27:52 am by Asrack »

RussG

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 08:31:23 am »

What do you mean? It's already failed the way I see it.

Tyrael

• You are no one, just like me.
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +37/-2
  • 3106 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Tyrael
  • Sometimes things get complicated.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 12:15:12 pm »

What do you mean? It's already failed the way I see it.

Like 5-7 years backwards you actually HAD TO SCROLL the server list. There were so many Lamda rifles, and Liero Factory (NOT REVISITED, it sucks imo over the good old LF) rifles. Then morts came and they rapidly overwhelmed the serverlist. Their reign continued for a long time and some who were able to host Liero 1.0 mod were precious players to the community. They were the ones who kept up the Liero 1.0 mod. Who knows if without them there would be any 100lt and 20lt classic? Only 20lt morts.

Hawk

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 12:28:12 pm »
morts are going down these days?.
i see 1-2 servers sometimes...
but anyways i don't play much morts anymore.
let's keep liero 1.0 and others going.
The best player isn't the one with most kills every game, the best player is the one that has most fun playing.

Flare

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 12:35:48 pm »
Hey, I played LieroX maybe 5~6 years ago (0.56 days)

Lies, 5-6 years ago there wasnt: Mortar "noobs" (MW mod), 100lt "pros" (most people played only rifles and those who didnt, didnt play with weapons which are nowdays called "classic"), and there wasnt clan [1st].

But well, LX is not like it used to be time when you did play (I think you played ~4 years ago, since you were member of 1st). There is just 1-5 servers online same time, while there was over 20 some years ago. Most servers are for mortar players or just some random shit with dirt level and 0lt with all weapons unbanned.

And this:

Ruki

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 01:32:08 pm »
Here is LieroX History but it wasn't updated since 2008. You can see what clans were there and major community events when you were away. Some of the stuff can be also found in Wiki.

1st and Alt players like Navi, Skillz, Sandman, Jesus, Pwyll... are not playing anymore, they left the community as well. You can find some of the remaining Alt players in AoG.

LieroX has turned into OpenLieroX, it is being developed since JasonB released the source and left the community. Numerous bugs were fixed and many additional features were added. More about OLX.

Trends are kinda the same, you have 3 major settings 20lt Mortars MW, 20lt Rifles v1.0 and 100lt Limited v1.0 but people are not so aggressive over it. You are just playing what ever you want to play, you can always find a server with different settings nowadays so there is no problem. I haven't seen anyone calling somebody a mortar noob or rifle noob for a long time. There are some changes in combo settings, usually Gauss is banned and in noncombo settings some weapons were replaced - standard today: Cannon, Doomsday, Napalm, Supershotgun, Handgun/Chaingun/Shotgun. Less people are playing it so there are less servers.

Gr.im

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 02:59:58 am »
Hey, I played LieroX maybe 5~6 years ago (0.56 days)

Lies, 5-6 years ago there wasnt: Mortar "noobs" (MW mod), 100lt "pros" (most people played only rifles and those who didnt, didnt play with weapons which are nowdays called "classic"), and there wasnt clan [1st].

Yea I guess I suck at math. Just a couple of years ago, can't pin down exact number. But anyways, so pretty much this game isn't active?

BTW does anyone have info about the cruel mod and whether it's still being developed? I loved to play on that mod for casual games.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 03:02:12 am by Gr.im »

Ruki

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 06:09:13 am »
Game is only as active as regular members of the community make it... Cruel mod is not being developed since long long ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything