Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ March 17, 2019, 04:47:14 pm
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 78.24.233.66
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
DE nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
US nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.58 beta  (Read 76000 times)

DarkCharlie

Re: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.58 beta2
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 10:13:50 am »
That rope is a known bug, it's already reported on sourceforge.

That stucking in the air means you reached an infinite speed. You should always enable worm and projectile friction when enabling infinite map. That will prevent you from getting an infinite speed.

I'll check the keyboard.

SorZ

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2009, 10:18:20 am »
Already some more notes: In localplay, where it quits immediatly: I am very sure you have some settings where the game was ended immediatly. Did it say the reason, why the game ended, in the chatbox? At least it should have. Please post the console output also here, this would be very helpfull because every information should also be there.

About the loading circle: Any suggestions to make it better/nicer?

About scoreboard: I think that actually most people would prefer it to be transparent. Perhaps I am also wrong here, some input by others? But this is theme dependent. There are other themes where it is not transparent.

About the chatbox above the server list: Was already noted by some others here and it will not stay like this. Please give some nice proposition though if you have any.

About the music: Well, I myself also was annoyed a bit by it, mainly because there is just one single song and it repeats all the time. In other games, there is also different music for the menu and for the game (the music for the game is more quiet and such that you almost don't notice it directly, that it just gives a nicer feeling; the menu music is a bit louder and more active). Any other suggestions though?

Net Play
I will try that, thanks.

Localplay
The "Game Over" line occurs immediately when Localplay game is started.
In both Death Match and Team Death Match.

Loading Status
About the loading circle, if I remember right Raziel has already designed such a thing for loading IP to country database. Though, it's a little bit smaller but I think it could be used instead of the grey circle.
Another idea is that you just use the loading bar that occurs when you are starting OLX.

Chatbox
Perhaps there could be a little button like hide/show the chatbox in network mode.
Would solve the issue imo.

Music
The music itself is pretty good, I just think you should be able to turn it off when game starts.
Also, would be nice with more songs.

Ps. I will make some bugreports about what I've mentioned earlier.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:34:18 am by SorZ »

albert

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 11:00:57 am »
That rope is a known bug, it's already reported on sourceforge.

That stucking in the air means you reached an infinite speed. You should always enable worm and projectile friction when enabling infinite map. That will prevent you from getting an infinite speed.

I'll check the keyboard.

Both the fix of the glitch and worm friction take the fun out of it. :)

Btw., about the rope: If you think a bit what that means, that each map-side is just connected to each other, that you do kind of beam from one side to the map to the other, it's kind of logical / natural, that the rope behaves this way. I am still thinking about if we should fix (hack around) this at all or leave it. If we once have teleporting in the game (for example we have more dynamic levels which have such teleporters, like in Quake for example), we would have a similar strangeness with the rope, and the infinite-map-rope-hack would not be possible here.

Whereby at this other example with the teleporter, we also could just disable the rope if it was thrown out when you are going to be teleported.

But infinite map technically also does just teleporting from one side of the map to the opposite map. (And in addition to that, some graphic extensions that make the map look infinite.)

albert

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2009, 11:14:51 am »
Localplay

Is something written in the chat while Game Over occurs? The chat in local play is at the left top.

Can you post the console output while that happens? (Check Applications / Utilities / Console.)

Loading Status
About the loading circle, if I remember right Raziel has already designed such a thing for loading IP to country database. Though, it's a little bit smaller but I think it could be used instead of the grey circle.
Another idea is that you just use the loading bar that occurs when you are starting OLX.

Please make also a bug report about that and assign it to DC as he is the head of the designing team.

Btw., a loading bar isn't really possible because right now, that loading circle is esp. showed at places where we don't really know about the progress, where we just know that OLX is still not responding. I added this loading circle to both mod and map loading. To make this like a progress bar is very complicated and would mean a lot of recoding and redesigning of that code. And it would overcomplicate things probably a lot.

Chatbox
Perhaps there could be a little button like hide/show the chatbox in network mode.
Would solve the issue imo.

Also make a bug report about this. This was not yet reported officially.

Music
The music itself is pretty good, I just think you should be able to turn it off when game starts.
Also, would be nice with more songs.

Perhaps an option like [] stop music when game starts, and that enabled by default?

Or make the music just more quiet? Perhaps just takes min(musicvol/2, soundvol*0.2) or something like that as the music volume in game.

Or another special ingame music, with suits besser ingame? (Because I think the current music is a good menu music but not that good for ingame, it's kind of too pompous ingame. I would prefer something more simple, more electronic/industrial/rock-style (like you found it in many other games) ingame.)

Make also a bug report about that.

Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 11:18:10 am »
Localplay

Is something written in the chat while Game Over occurs? The chat in local play is at the left top.
What I noticed was simply that there was no lives in default, not even zero, simply nothing.
Once you put some number there the problem is fixed.

albert

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2009, 11:21:01 am »
Localplay

What I noticed was simply that there was no lives in default, not even zero, simply nothing.
Once you put some number there the problem is fixed.

Can you make also a bug report about that?

And can you post the console output, before you did that with the different live-setting?

miri

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2009, 12:34:19 pm »
Remove those chat boxes at the top in net play. There is already a tab for chatting.

I think it needs a bigger redesign there. The chat should be accessible from all over the game. But for sure not the way it's done now.
While we're here, how is the new frontend system going?
[Cop] miri

pelya

Re: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.58 beta1
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2009, 02:06:57 pm »
why does it sais: Bad username by by port80c.se.quakenet.org??

Fixed that, will be in Beta3. Also added /nick and /pm commands to IRC chat.

BakTer

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2009, 02:35:28 pm »
with that music would it be nice to have like data/music folder where you can put music that plays randomly

or data/music/menu for menu and data/music/game

:D

edit
owa crashed when auto started 15sec
1st it was 4 players after countdown i changed to 5 (countdown didnt stop) and crashed bit later or so :/
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 02:50:57 pm by BakTer »
wut?

pelya

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2009, 02:59:24 pm »
with that music would it be nice to have like data/music folder where you can put music that plays randomly

or data/music/menu for menu and data/music/game

Well, OLX plays music through SDL sound engine which is using 22050 framerate, so starting your favorite music player will result in much better sound. Also it won't play all types of files (especially it does not play MP3 because of licensing issues).

miri

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2009, 04:16:08 pm »

Well, OLX plays music through SDL sound engine which is using 22050 framerate, so starting your favorite music player will result in much better sound. Also it won't play all types of files (especially it does not play MP3 because of licensing issues).

8) Unbelievably awesome.
[Cop] miri

albert

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2009, 04:37:30 pm »
owa crashed when auto started 15sec
1st it was 4 players after countdown i changed to 5 (countdown didnt stop) and crashed bit later or so :/

Win/MacOSX/Linux? Can you send us a crash report? We cannot fix that otherwise.

BakTer

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2009, 05:26:02 pm »
wut?

DarkCharlie

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2009, 05:43:47 pm »

SorZ

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2009, 06:26:49 pm »

Can you post the console output while that happens? (Check Applications / Utilities / Console.)

No, just Game Over.
Like I would have killed the last helpless worm and won the match.

Perhaps an option like [] stop music when game starts, and that enabled by default?

Yes.

Please make also a bug report
Also make a bug report about this.

These are no bugs, it's ideas and suggestions for changes.
Why make bug reports of those?

pelya

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2009, 06:31:06 pm »

Well, maybe because we'll forget about that tomorrow? :D Bugtracker also has "New features" section.

albert

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2009, 06:49:03 pm »

It doesn't really matter what they are. The bug tracker is kind of a TODO list for us.

morphles

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2009, 05:58:34 pm »
I tired 0.58 beta2, local play against bots (on linux), i should say game feels weird - it's seems like frames are being skipped or something (although they are nor i have fps 99), just movement of "stuff" (noticeably worms) is kinda jerky. i don't recall this jerkiness (but last time i played was quite a long time ago, 3-5 months probably).

albert

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2009, 06:50:27 pm »
I tired 0.58 beta2, local play against bots (on linux), i should say game feels weird - it's seems like frames are being skipped or something (although they are nor i have fps 99), just movement of "stuff" (noticeably worms) is kinda jerky. i don't recall this jerkiness (but last time i played was quite a long time ago, 3-5 months probably).

Can you ZIP your configs (just the ~/.OpenLieroX dir) and describe a bit your computer settings? E.g. what Xorg version, what WM (Compiz, kdewin, Metacity, ...), what GFX card + drivers, what OpenGL driver (Mesa or something else)?

FPS is always 99 or does it go down notable? Does it show both FPS and lowest FPS (like "99/65")? If not, can somebody else describe how to activate this?

It this weird behavior constant all the time or only kind of random, also with parts where it is normal? Or is it esp. weird if you have a lot of projectiles in the game?

morphles

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2009, 07:16:55 pm »
Where do you want my zip? (i zipped ~/.Openlierox/cfg) it seems semi random, i unlimited fps and i get ~160-170 always, and still it feels jumpy/jerky, esp with rope, even when im alone on screen an bots fighting at other part of the map(nor much projectiles, bazooka only). seems to be hard to feel in smaller map (poo arena vs liero factory maint). Of course it might be that it's just some appearence, because lately i was playing mostly gl games, with have smooth scrolling etc. i have xorg-server 2:1.6.0-0ubuntu14, nvidia gf 8800gtx(nvidia propiertary closed source drivers), basically game should run reall well i think, my system is quite beffy.

As i say im not sure if memory isint playing tricks on me. Might be that i just got used too gl smoothness and raster animations seems jerky.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up

anything