Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down

Author Topic: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.58 beta  (Read 77003 times)

albert

Re: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.58
« Reply #280 on: December 14, 2009, 10:48:37 pm »
I wonder a bit about the state of 0.58 beta9. I didn't got too much reports about it. So it is just stable and perfect for everybody?

In that case, I would prepare the 0.58 rc1 soon which would replace 0.57 after all.

In some weeks there may be already the first 0.59 beta release (which will probably be less stable than earlier beta releases because it will contain a lot of experimental stuff).

albert

« Reply #281 on: December 19, 2009, 04:53:35 pm »
Hello? Where are our beta testers?

Hugglebunny

« Reply #282 on: December 19, 2009, 05:22:50 pm »
:o is there any beta to test now?

albert

« Reply #283 on: December 19, 2009, 05:24:00 pm »
:o is there any beta to test now?

0.58 beta9.

k00man

« Reply #284 on: December 19, 2009, 05:35:10 pm »

I have been using 0.58 b9 for some time and I dont have anything to complain about, only some random lobby freezes or you need to wait like 30sec before game starts after host have started game, but those I get on any version.

Oh and my server still lags, I mean when I play on my server it doesnt make any dmg when I hit someone sometimes, but when I play on someone other server it is fine and there is not so much lag.

And I like those new physics.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 05:37:07 pm by p00man »
Check out my level: Warriors Stronghold

Hardz

« Reply #285 on: December 19, 2009, 07:25:58 pm »
The only problem i am having is that server list is getting up so slowly and sometimes it finds no servers atall, while my b8 finds servers in seconds.

Apart from this i like b9 very much.

k00man

« Reply #286 on: December 19, 2009, 08:04:53 pm »
I find this annoying too

even when you move cursor off that box it still shows that little info box and it just always prevents you seeing who is online.
Check out my level: Warriors Stronghold

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +37/-4
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
  • Jordy and myself in August--RETIRED
« Reply #287 on: December 19, 2009, 09:42:32 pm »
Hello.

Its been months since I ve test any beta versions.

Today Ive decided to give it a try.

As usually, I dont care about additional features, Ive just tested the gameplay and the overall feeling.

For the First time I am able to say- Ive enjoyed playing with this beta version. Playing felt smooth and normal.
I was happy that you finally fixed the napalm hitting too much issue.

There are 2 things to fix.

That bug is still around, which slows you down a lot more, when you on example touch the ground for about 0.05 seconds, than in old 0.56 or in beta 1-2 versions. This makes the gaming slower, and it gives a disadvantage in 100lt, because you have to waste(for example) supershotgun to keep on mooving fast in a fight.

There are also other things related to this, but I would rather show them ingame, than describe.

- second thing to fix:

I know its just a mater of opinion, but compared to how cool the interface of the game has become- the rope's cross at its end is a complete mess.

I would recommend you to use the one which is in beta 1. It looks a lot better.

PS: was happy to see that the crosshair was changed to be the better one as well.

It looks good now :)

That would be all for now.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:44:14 pm by *Gyogyi* »
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

albert

« Reply #288 on: December 19, 2009, 09:57:14 pm »
To sum up:

- Ground fiction still too high. (?? How can that be? That was already fixed in 0.58 beta9 where it is much less than before. Or is that again FPS dependent?)

- Serverlist is more slow than earlier and sometimes doesn't find servers. (Pelya, maybe related to you serverlist changes? Or missing net events?)

Minor:

- Ninjarope cross end is bad, back to original gfx.
- Tooltip for IRC user info doesn't disappear when moving mouse somewhere else.

pelya

« Reply #289 on: December 21, 2009, 11:59:31 am »
That bug is still around, which slows you down a lot more, when you on example touch the ground for about 0.05 seconds, than in old 0.56 or in beta 1-2 versions. This makes the gaming slower, and it gives a disadvantage in 100lt, because you have to waste(for example) supershotgun to keep on mooving fast in a fight.

There are also other things related to this, but I would rather show them ingame, than describe.

SorZ already reported that, so I've added it as a feature.
Go to Game Options, set Filter level to "Very Advanced", search for "Worm Ground Friction" feature under "Other" section and edit it - put value between 0 and 0.1 (put value in editbox, slider won't allow you to fine-position it), then report back the value you think is the closest to 0.56 - we'll make it a new default value.

albert

« Reply #290 on: December 21, 2009, 01:10:18 pm »

SorZ already reported that, so I've added it as a feature.
Go to Game Options, set Filter level to "Very Advanced", search for "Worm Ground Friction" feature under "Other" section and edit it - put value between 0 and 0.1 (put value in editbox, slider won't allow you to fine-position it), then report back the value you think is the closest to 0.56 - we'll make it a new default value.

No, that's totally the wrong way. The current value is exactly the same value of LX56. If it feels different, something else must be wrong.

Haven't you read my mail a while ago that we should not add hacks/workarounds to change something in physics without really understanding why it is wrong?

Hatten

« Reply #291 on: January 05, 2010, 12:12:42 pm »
It's good and all that you're finally getting some response from the community, but shouldn't that go in the other olx section, and use this one exclusively for news?
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

albert

« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2010, 04:15:53 pm »
It's good and all that you're finally getting some response from the community, but shouldn't that go in the other olx section, and use this one exclusively for news?

Hm no idea. So should we disallow responses in the news section on these posts about a new version?

I think we shouldn't be too strict about this. On our main OLX page under news, we anyway only see the start post and not all these responses.

Midnight

« Reply #293 on: January 05, 2010, 04:44:47 pm »
I really have to say: I have never had so many problems with a beta since i have dowloeded this beta 9.

-> Very often i (as a hoster) can't select weapons, it just takes me to ready. And no, there are many weapons unbanned. But i can't choose. Players in my server see "Waiting for server selection". And no, there is no tick in the "server chooses weapons" or so in the game settings.

->Sometimes it crashes when i try to get into others betas, and not only freeze but everything closes and a "sorry, that lx crashed" message shows up.

->Many claim that my server is laggy or warps. I used to host with beta5, and none said something. (max 4 players)

->
I find this annoying too

even when you move cursor off that box it still shows that little info box and it just always prevents you seeing who is online.

This too.

So I better go back to beta5 until u guys improve my hints :P

Midnight <3
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 04:48:42 pm by Midnight »
Emma Watson <333

<3

Midnight

« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2010, 04:49:48 pm »
I really have to say: I have never had so many problems with a beta since i have dowloeded this beta 9.

-> Very often i (as a hoster) can't select weapons, it just takes me to ready. And no, there are many weapons unbanned. But i can't choose. Players in my server see "Waiting for server selection". And no, there is no tick in the "server chooses weapons" or so in the game settings.

->Sometimes it crashes when i try to get into other servers with other betas, and not only freeze but everything closes and a "sorry, that lx crashed" message shows up.

->Many claim that my server is laggy or warps. I used to host with beta5, and none said something. (max 4 players)

->
I find this annoying too

This too.

So I better go back to beta5 until u guys improve my hints :P

Midnight <3
Emma Watson <333

<3

albert

« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2010, 04:52:10 pm »
Do you mean 0.57 beta5 and 0.58 beta9?

About weapon selection: Do you have perhaps random weapons enabled? Or same weapons as host worm?

About hosting: Do you have made the connection test (under game options -> network)? Try to make it again a few times, sometimes it messures wrong.

Btw., all bugs should be filled here, else we forget about them: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?limit=100&func=&group_id=180059&atid=891648

Midnight

« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2010, 05:00:27 pm »
The problems appeared only in beta9. And:

About weapon selection: Do you have perhaps random weapons enabled? Or same weapons as host worm?

About hosting: Do you have made the connection test (under game options -> network)? Try to make it again a few times, sometimes it messures wrong.

Btw., all bugs should be filled here, else we forget about them: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?limit=100&func=&group_id=180059&atid=891648

No. So something fails there.

And:

Ok, I'll do it again. But i hosted with beta 5 4 players, no problems with lag. But with beta9 it warps, not very muich, but it does.

I just said, that i better play with beta5 now, unless some of the new beta9 are cool.
Emma Watson <333

<3

albert

« Reply #297 on: January 05, 2010, 05:07:07 pm »

No. So something fails there.

At random weapon selection? What exactly fails there?

Do you have same weapons as host worm enabled/disabled?

Ok, I'll do it again. But i hosted with beta 5 4 players, no problems with lag. But with beta9 it warps, not very muich, but it does.

What beta5 do you mean? What beta9 do you mean?

In 0.58, it is important that your network settings are correct. What are your network settings? (Speed, upload limit?)

Hugglebunny

« Reply #298 on: January 05, 2010, 07:56:16 pm »
I Belive he refer to 0.57 Beta 5

And 0.58 Beta 9

Midnight

« Reply #299 on: January 05, 2010, 10:16:59 pm »
I Belive he refer to 0.57 Beta 5

And 0.58 Beta 9

Yup.

Do i speak so denglish?