Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by SLak0n August 21, 2019, 04:16:18 pm
2012 (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 pm
[wc] Legacy of the Toilet Warriors Tribute video (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:24:01 pm
Holidays/Me leaving/me coming back Threads (The World Outside) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:14:20 pm
Backup server NL
Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 80.186.170.22
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.58 beta  (Read 80248 times)

GoldNinja

Re: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.58 beta2
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 09:50:30 pm »
Works perfectly for me, except for two things. I can't see any options for those new features nor the features themselves. :/ At least I understood there should be some new features and options for them? And the second thing is, why is my FPS showing off something along the lines of "34/17"? Those figures variate and I was just wondering which one's the real FPS and what is the other figure there?
Kas vain sanoi kasvain ja kasvoi vain, kuinka kasvain voi kasvaa noin vain!

Michiel

Re: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.58 beta1
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 09:51:06 pm »

albert

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 10:15:20 pm »
Works perfectly for me, except for two things. I can't see any options for those new features nor the features themselves. :/ At least I understood there should be some new features and options for them? And the second thing is, why is my FPS showing off something along the lines of "34/17"? Those figures variate and I was just wondering which one's the real FPS and what is the other figure there?

In game options, on the right top, there is a slider where you can specify what advanced level of options you want to configure. Per default, it's only basic (mostly only the LX56 settings). If you go to more advanced, you have more settings.

About the FPS: The first value is the amount of frames of the last second I think. So it's more the average. The second value is the FPS of the lowest frame. As each frame doesn't exactly take the same time, this is like your lower limit. Half of the normal FPS is not really a problem here. Only if it is really low, like <5, would mean that there is perhaps a problem. If you have low FPS and wonder why that is, it is helpfull for us to know both values.

albert

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 10:21:11 pm »
It is. Have you tried? That are optional features, disabled by default.

Why to even create these? It's almost same like putting stones in Lamda or something like that. Creates unfair advantage over certain players. Gogo create a secondary fire for each weapon feature so it would be more like UT then. The only thing what we're still missing is Vehicles from Onslaught / Vehicle CTF. Maybe create those mods also? Oh, and fancy voice effects for humiliating kill such as ROAD RAGE, Flak Monkey etc... It's like bringing a freaking bazooka into a swordfight. Automatic updates is required to keep the game equal.

And as far as I've seen, I have Beta 2 and I can honestly tell that the Beta's get worse and worse by every new one. It isn't a miracle that I eat a full napalm and lose around 25% HP or I suck 4 rifle rounds and still have 1% HP in lamda tunnels. And what comes to the health bar? Geez, one of the worst things ever created. It's like betting for can I reach my door from this seat if the door is 3 meters away from me. If I'd say yes and no rolling is allowed. That's total bullshit and I know it. Just the same what the health bar is; bullshit. The healthbar only confuses and should be turned off.

What about the new damage indicator? It can be useful for a host with SSH turned on. I bet that it is bullshitting you as much as the Healthbar. Double jump may be fun in certain situeations, but it kind of reduces the use of rope. Next time create a ****ing jet pack to remove the rope from the game.

You don't like mods with jet pack, don't you?

You spoke about strange damages by napalm/rifle: To what version do you compare the values? 0.58 has the LX56 physics, not the 0.57 beta5/beta8/rc1 physics.

Btw, I don't quite understand that:
Creates unfair advantage over certain players.

To whom? Either everyone has it or nobody has it. In which of this two cases has anyone any advantage over the others?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:26:52 pm by albert »

GoldNinja

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 10:23:35 pm »
About the FPS: The first value is the amount of frames of the last second I think. So it's more the average. The second value is the FPS of the lowest frame. As each frame doesn't exactly take the same time, this is like your lower limit. Half of the normal FPS is not really a problem here. Only if it is really low, like <5, would mean that there is perhaps a problem. If you have low FPS and wonder why that is, it is helpfull for us to know both values.

Thanks, found those options now!

And there's no need to do anything about my FPS just yet, I don't seem to lag too much so it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't go any lower than that. Thank you for answering though, now I know what those values are!
Kas vain sanoi kasvain ja kasvoi vain, kuinka kasvain voi kasvaa noin vain!

albert

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 10:35:48 pm »
Still crashed, with the b2 too. I think the hoster used 0.57 b5. Made me feel like I was back to 0.56 :D

Have you send the crash report? We need that to fix this problem.

Also, can you post the console output? Best would be to post it in a new bug report.

SorZ

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 11:09:21 pm »
I tried to test 0.58 for Mac.
here is the out come after 20 minutes desperate trying.

- Netplay worked for like 10 seconds, then whole screen froze. (Never crashed, just froze)

- I detected a bug, when trying to do localplay it says Game Over immediately when the game starts no matter how many CPU's or what teams you use.

- The clock is placed exactly at the small logo 'OLX' in the toogle top bar.

- This grey "loading" circle is hell of annoying.

- The Scoreboard is transparent, a bit annoying as well.

- A small chatbox is placed at the 'Network' logo in Netplay, very annoying.

- Ninjarope is black.

- Music is on even when the game started, extremely annoying.

That's pretty much all for now..
Couldn't test it in either Netplay or Localplay, gg.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:11:13 pm by SorZ »

Tyrael

• You are no one, just like me.
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +37/-2
  • 3106 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Tyrael
  • Sometimes things get complicated.
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 11:21:31 pm »

You don't like mods with jet pack, don't you?

True.

You spoke about strange damages by napalm/rifle: To what version do you compare the values? 0.58 has the LX56 physics, not the 0.57 beta5/beta8/rc1 physics.

Compared to OpenLieroX v0.57_beta2

Btw, I don't quite understand that:
Creates unfair advantage over certain players.

To whom? Either everyone has it or nobody has it. In which of this two cases has anyone any advantage over the others?

As you know, the older versions doesn't provide for example that double jump nor Strafing, it creates that advantage over the other player.

For example: Worm 1 is retreating in LFR tunnels and heading to the mid section in 100lt. He can back off and shoot into the selected direction to the right where the Worm 2 has to take cover in order to dodge bullets. Worm 1 can back off with a huge smile while spamming HG to the safety.

Worm 2 doesn't support that so he has to turn his back to the opponent and go either by roping (the faster way if not using SS) or shooting with a high recoiling weapon to create similar effect.

Or how about this: The Worm 2 is predicting that the opponent is going to land in a certain spot and thinks that he's going to go for nap him. The Worm 1 has Ubar 1337 version and sees the situation and just when he's about to pop into ground with the nap, poof, supardubar ybar dubbel hump jump and he cheats death.

It's almost the same to put some noclip sections into certain areas in map and put a nice camping place there. You can easily put some rocks in map editor to create a cover for YOU, but not for the other player. Or who the hell likes dirt? You respawn into bottom section of Jailbreak in the middle of jail. Freaking annoying do dig out from there, isn't it. Well, no worries when the Map editor comes again and sweeps the dig out for you. Permanently.

Asrack

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 11:29:52 pm »
Backwards compatability.

You cannot stafe in a .56 server if I am right. You cannot also double jump, or anything of the sort. It only works if the person on .56 joins that server. In which case, the person on .56 gets the ability to do it, because it's server sided.

DarkCharlie

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 11:30:31 pm »
I think you misunderstood the concept here. You cannot do air jumps if the opponent cannot. If air jump is enabled, people that don't have the new version are kicked out. And you cannot enable it yourself, it's a server-side setting.

Strafing can be also disabled on the server as far as I know, so even if you enable strafe, you will not be able to use it on old servers or on servers that ban it. By the way, strafe has been here for more than two years now and I personally don't see any change in the gameplay that it caused.

I think you are generally against anything new in this game. Sorry, but that's not the way we are heading. There will be improvements in the game and it's up to you to decide if you will play it or stick to old LX.

I personally think that the backward compatibility is very good. Give me an example of a game, that is still backward compatible to a version which about 5 years old.

SorZ

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 11:42:55 pm »
As I said.
The design contains many flaws.
And at the moment I can't even play a single game with your new version.
That's not much of improvement or progress imo, no matter how many new cool things you've implemented.

Sorry for my wrath.

BakTer

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 11:48:07 pm »
just player it and i loved it :D

but yeah in a week or so can give better opinion (ps the infinite map PWNs in small lvls, youll get like uber speed, everything starts moving backwards etc, 2nd game where i see this speed) :D

but yeah

Code: [Select]
Server error: Closing Link: OHP__BakTer by
port80c.se.quakenet.org (USER: Bad username)
Server error: Closing Link: OHP__BakTer by
port80c.se.quakenet.org (USER: Bad username)
Server error: Your host is trying to (re)connect too fast -- throttled
wut?

RussG

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 12:08:06 am »
but yeah in a week or so can give better opinion (ps the infinite map PWNs in small lvls, youll get like uber speed, everything starts moving backwards etc, 2nd game where i see this speed) :D

Uhm... what?

albert

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 12:15:55 am »
I tried to test 0.58 for Mac.
here is the out come after 20 minutes desperate trying.

- Netplay worked for like 10 seconds, then whole screen froze. (Never crashed, just froze)

- I detected a bug, when trying to do localplay it says Game Over immediately when the game starts no matter how many CPU's or what teams you use.

- The clock is placed exactly at the small logo 'OLX' in the toogle top bar.

- This grey "loading" circle is hell of annoying.

- The Scoreboard is transparent, a bit annoying as well.

- A small chatbox is placed at the 'Network' logo in Netplay, very annoying.

- Ninjarope is black.

- Music is on even when the game started, extremely annoying.

That's pretty much all for now..
Couldn't test it in either Netplay or Localplay, gg.

In options.cfg, under [Advanced], can you set this:
RecoverAfterCrash = false
This probably should lead to a crash instead of the freeze. Can you make a bug report then and post the crash report details? This would be very helpfull. Perhaps also ZIP your Library/Application Support/OpenLieroX and attach it there. Please also attach the console output.

Btw., under MacOSX, you can get the console output also via Applications / Utilities / Console. Every application logs the console output in the system and that tool shows it. You can filter the output there for openlierox if you have too much other stuff there.

Please also fill in bugreports about at least the clock and ninja rope (best with screenshot), best also about the other things.

Already some more notes: In localplay, where it quits immediatly: I am very sure you have some settings where the game was ended immediatly. Did it say the reason, why the game ended, in the chatbox? At least it should have. Please post the console output also here, this would be very helpfull because every information should also be there.

About the loading circle: Any suggestions to make it better/nicer?

About scoreboard: I think that actually most people would prefer it to be transparent. Perhaps I am also wrong here, some input by others? But this is theme dependent. There are other themes where it is not transparent.

About the chatbox above the server list: Was already noted by some others here and it will not stay like this. Please give some nice proposition though if you have any.

About the music: Well, I myself also was annoyed a bit by it, mainly because there is just one single song and it repeats all the time. In other games, there is also different music for the menu and for the game (the music for the game is more quiet and such that you almost don't notice it directly, that it just gives a nicer feeling; the menu music is a bit louder and more active). Any other suggestions though?

satch

• Satch in the building, swagga on a hundred thousand trillion.
  • LXA addicted
  • Schwartz: +35/-0
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
  • i have more credits than u noob
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 12:17:32 am »

Uhm... what?

The whole level is looped together creating a paradox of a level. There are also some wierd "glitches" because of the physics of the paradox. Go try it for yourself :P
2014 Most Improved Award - satch
dicks

albert

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 12:28:32 am »
Some further notes:

For Unix/Linux/MacOSX, OpenLieroX has a crashrecovery function now. That means, if there is some error which normally would have crashed the game, it just continues now. In a lot of cases, this has already worked quite nice. Though, in some cases, it doesn't work and often lead to a freeze of OLX instead of a crash. As this is a Beta release, we recommend you to disable this function. The other reason to disable this is that we need your crash report to fix the bug in the code and we would not get the crash report if the game just recovers from your crash.

To disable it, open the options.cfg, and under [Advanced], set this:
RecoverAfterCrash = false
If you have Linux/Unix/MacOSX and you see such freezes of OLX, please make this setting and hopefully, it wont freeze anymore but crash instead. Then, please send us the crash report and we can easily fix this problem.

Kingston

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 02:40:54 am »
Heya guys, i downloaded so many times, but always when i open winrar says error at download OpenlieroX.exe (i have windows), what's going on?

albert

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2009, 03:20:14 am »
Heya guys, i downloaded so many times, but always when i open winrar says error at download OpenlieroX.exe (i have windows), what's going on?

Hm strange. Perhaps try another server. But it must probably be a problem on your side as I guess there are other Windows-user here who downloaded without a problem.

Perhaps it's also WinRAR that has problems with the file (whereby I cannot really believe that). Try www.7zip.org.

albert

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 03:22:33 am »
As I said.
The design contains many flaws.
And at the moment I can't even play a single game with your new version.
That's not much of improvement or progress imo, no matter how many new cool things you've implemented.

Sorry for my wrath.

Please try what I wrote with the disabling of recover-after-crash and send me more details about the crash. I really would like to fix that problem if I would only have any information about it.

BakTer

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 08:32:01 am »

Uhm... what?

The whole level is looped together creating a paradox of a level. There are also some wierd "glitches" because of the physics of the paradox. Go try it for yourself :P

i used this at CK1 Level5 (the keen level)

the rope is connected to the right ofd the
 red/orange/brown platform, and now when i fly to the attachment point (as liero roping does) i fly from the right side, to the left (because of the inf map the sides are connected to each other) and since the rope is still connected, it pulls me every time i make the circle..

and thats a glitch i think, as it should not change the rope pos with your worm, as you go from 1 map point to another

and btw bout in few min youll get stuck in air, and shoot bullets from random location (cant move).

ayye bug nr2: i tryed this at local game, so dont know how it will act in net

esc->game settings change any button, and go back game.. atleast my BT keyboard gets bout 1sec delay after that, (changing back wont work, restart will)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:40:37 am by BakTer »
wut?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up