Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Level making  (Read 1659 times)

Svartrockaren

Level making
« on: September 08, 2009, 04:26:09 pm »
so, I'm currently creating my first ever Liero Extreme (eXtreme?) level, using paint.
is it possible to make a acceptable level in ms paint?
and, can you download some pack with templates and such, like brick walls, dirt etc

Tafka

Re: Level making
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 04:42:29 pm »
Puni made some template pack I think... not sure.

You can make a level in paint with good gameplay but for graphics you need huge load of time and patience.

Asrack

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 06:15:47 pm »
so, I'm currently creating my first ever Liero Extreme (eXtreme?) level, using paint.
is it possible to make a acceptable level in ms paint?
and, can you download some pack with templates and such, like brick walls, dirt etc

I've made all my levels(or most of them) in paint. I prefer it.

Levels like Duel and Space Station (although, not made in paint themselves) are easy to make levels with almost no textures, and quite possibly be made in paint with ease.

So yes, it is possible to make an acceptable level in MS Paint. Check out MS Power Paint for one. Base of Nowhere for another. I can't really think right now of much else.

miri

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 08:13:03 pm »
Yeah, it is possible. However, it requires enormous amounts of patience and artistic view. It is required to be inspired. Finally, you have to be sure in what you're doing. If you're going professional on the project, sketch it on paper first. Remake the walls and dirt and air in Paint. I usually start off with the material image. Save it, copy the entire thing. Work on the copy. Colour the shapes you've made with basic tones. Don't go into details yet. Compile your work as a level and test out the gameplay. Check if your colours are easy on the eye as well. Then get back to the canvas and ZOOOOOM in. Get your hands dirty making all the nasty little lights and textures and patterns and shading and stuff. Don't forget to back up your original "basic" coloured image, though. I usually work on the walls and all the things up front, I get the background later. And then follows the part of careful detail appliment. Remember, inspiration and experimentation are your friends. Not to mention the zoom tool.
Cheers
[Cop] miri

pelya

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 01:11:22 pm »
There are lot of better image editors then Paint, and they are freeware.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything