IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
OpenLieroXor(0 lives, 0 kills)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Satch - The story  (Read 5603 times)

satch

• Satch in the building, swagga on a hundred thousand trillion.
  • LXA addicted
  • Schwartz: +35/-0
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
  • i have more credits than u noob
Satch - The story
« on: September 04, 2009, 02:07:00 am »
Intro: 2007 - 2008

I started playing LX about 2 years ago when mortars were very popular. I figured out about the game from a skateboarding forum, www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard . My IGN when i started was "Satriani" from Joe Satriani, my ultimately favorite guitarist back then. I knew how to play many of his songs on the guitar and I loved his soloing style. Anyways. I started messing around with MW1.0 unlimited 100 lt and Wh40k unlimited mostly, but I also played other mods. Then I went into a mortars server and I got really interested since it was the most popular thing around. I would be very mad every time I got killed since I was horrible when I started. It would make me focus more and want to be better each time. Which did happen. Sadly I had to quit after about 3 months because I became busy with school.

I came back in about April '08 and again, to play mortars with all the LX friends I have made. I was almost as bad as when I started when I came back to LX. Like before, I started to get better again. Then I also started hanging around |FeaR|, which I thought was a superior clan because of their high activity and their great ingame play (from my point of view). I became good friends with Darkstar, slaer (Poomah), RawR (Smexy Ligar/Bule), and a few other people that I have probably forgotten. Those 3  people were the main frame of FeaR, and I really wanted to join. Eventually I tried out for FeaR and RedBull recruited me.

|FeaR|: 2008

My career in FeaR has been initiated, and my cue was up to get a whole load better. I started clan warring with FeaR which was lots of fun as we would dominate many clans of our level. But I was always the player with less skill, although I had the most potential out of everyone. Eventually, |FeaR| started dying and most players were gone. |FeaR| was the size of a normal clan, we had about 6 people or so. That's good for a clan now, but we weren't used to having such a small number of people. So it was just me, slaer, Dark, Bule/RawR and 1 or 2 other people that I don't remember so well...Anyways, we had fun together, and due to |FeaR|, I quit for 2 months or so until about September. [MGD] seemed to be the clan of interest of everybody, and many people that I knew were in the clan. I made new friends in there as well. I ended up joining [MGD] but nobody cared about me because I sucked at mortars (since i quit). Even though I was in the clan, I never got to clan war or really "be in" the clan. It was just a tag that monkey gave me and forgot about me. Anyways, due to my anger of being left alone I quit again, because I had better things to do.

The evolution: 2008 - 2009

I came back to LX after the millionth time of quitting in around November. I started to multimod seriously because my interest of mortars became very low, and I was jealous of all the pro's and I wanted to be like them. Steelcrush had offered me to join (Ew), which was around New year's. I accepted because I wanted to get better. I have to admit, I was pretty bad at multimodding, but I was a fast learner. I played with Steel a lot and the other members (including Poomah and Atumbra). I was pretty bad in the cw's but I would try my hardest and I would play ok. I had a fun time in (Ew), but after about 2 months, Steel started to have some problems...which you all probably know about. Well, me and Poomah were the only one's left in the clan. So we pretty much just ditched the clan. I joined [Sn] in about mid February, and [Sn] has been my most successful clan for me. Poomah ended up going to [Sak].

Getting better: 2009

I started to become good, as I practiced a lot with Lucifer and Huggle in [Sn]. I was the only NA in the clan though, everybody else was a euro. I became a lot better, but the stability in my playing was very weak and I was still trying to find a style of playing. So there was no consistent style for me, which was why I fluked a lot in games. Anyways, I started cwing with [Sn] and I became very loyal to the clan. I knew everybody in the clan very well. Eventually, Armada, Sahweet, and Poomah joined [Sn], so there was a little NA package in this euro-based clan. We became great clans-mates. I became inactive from spring of '09 till about early May. I haven't lost a lot of my skills. I become gradually better and better over time, and then summer has started. I left for Egypt for 5 weeks to see my relatives, but I managed to access Liero easily from my sisters computer, and I was pretty active during that time-phase. One day, in a cw against WvW, when I was kind of freaking out about playing to the best of my ability, I totally fluked in the cw and lost really badly. I told Legend and Xandos (who played the cw) to "go to hell" and I kept insulting them for the past minute, when I realized, I had no clue what I was doing. I apologized, and thought: I gotta get a grip in game. And a little bit of confidence and self respect.

Leggo my ego: 2009

First, look at this: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll114/__Napoleon__/lierox217-1.png The round wasn't even close, and I was devastated. I was sensitive and raged easily. After a while, I realized I became too tired of getting so angry at myself for playing like shit. I had to learn how to become confident in myself, and therefore enjoy the game. You may think this is strange but LieroX has changed my personality in life, because I really learned that I need to become more confident and what would result of such confidence. With my new attitude, my play-style became much more stable than that of before, and even though I was always trying new things, my skill was still extremely unstable. Anyways, [Sn] is kind of inactive but we still cw here and there. All the euros in [Sn] have left (excluding super inactives + Huggle/Luci). But most of my gameplay was with Asrack, Pure, Gigolo, Snap, Leon, and a few other -Like a Boss- ers. I practiced playing rifles a loooooot with Asrack and Pure, and they have taught me a lot. I really enjoyed playing with them, and I even asked to join Boss but I was rejected and heartbroken :(.  Afterwards, Snap decided to make a clan named [doT] and stole Sahweet and Armada from [Sn]. I was extremely close to joining until I kind of figured that [Sn] would be a little more active. [Sn] was basically just me, Poomah, Huggle, Luci, and Thing. Then one day, Luci decided to end [Sn], for it was time for change.

North American LaGger/lagger: 2009-2014

On October 17, 2009, the almighty RussG and Umistand accepted me into their clan, LaG.  Back in 09, it was known as the pro clan which's players also knew how to play for shits n giggles. This clan is ****ing amazing. This was the best deicision I've made so far in LX. I fit in perfectly even though I'm an NA player. I had sooo much fun playing with Russ, Umi, and Hostile. They're hilarious :) Also, I made fun of Hostile a lot because he definitely asked for it 8)

Well... there's a really big time gap here. From 2010-2013, I logged in once every few months to see if people were playing and if I was lucky, I'd get to play for a few days with LX friends. I've become significantly active recently (Dec 2013) and even got to cw with the new LaG members Qaz and Erwan! I've yet to cw with BlueTiger. They're all really cool and were awesome pickups to the clan. I'd say the most notable players that I play with at the moment are Pure, Cald, and Ahmed. I enjoy talking with all the active players right now but I'm the coolest with these players (for now). I love playing LX because I'm not really angry about losing the game like I used to be. When I first started, I used to rage so much. I was basically a toxic player. Now, I just focus on doing my best and I consider a good game one in which I landed some good SS's and aimed my doomsdays correctly. I absolutely love classic and it's my best setting. I like rifles a lot but it's nearly impossible to play for me because I have constant 220 ping in euro servers. Hopefully I can get better at them and also expand my multimod skill.

I'm getting way better. The Str8 era: 2015-present

I left LaG a while ago because it was too damn inactive. Good times though. I joined Str8 and am having a lot of fun with all these awesome clan-mates. I'm also getting way better, and I can duel and cw with the pro players and get pretty close now, and occasionally win. I duel with Pure a lot when u euro noobs are asleep so thats good practice.

------------------------------------------------

Update #1 8/4/10 - So i haven't been played in a long time, It might be the end. Maybe not, but I take the game too seriously. When I try to get good, it doesn't really happen. When I stopped, I save a lot of time. Now I'm into drum corps, and next summer i'll probably marching all summer, and i won't have summer chill times. But anyways, school is in a few weeks. A new start, soul amazin'.

---------------
Update #2 12/29/13 - Holy **** I forgot about this thread... I'm editing and gravedigging this post so that active players who don't know me too well at the moment can learn about my LX history. I even forgot some notable names and a few important specifics of my history in this game, so it was really nice to reminisce :) I doubt anything new will happen in this game but if it does, I'll definitely make sure to edit this. It's like an LX time capsule, and I encourage players who read this to make something similar.

Clans:

|FeaR|
[MGD]
(Ew)
[Sn]
|LaG|
[Str8]

Hall of Fame:

Poomah/MGD Puma
Atumbra/MGD Koala
Jay/Pure
Steelcrush
Lucifer
Hugglebunny
RussG
Umistand
Hostile
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 03:35:56 am by satch »
2014 Most Improved Award - satch
dicks

Gigolo

Re: Satch. - The story
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 02:35:05 am »
Yay first.
Satch, ur cool.

ReVoPure

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 03:18:53 am »
Nicely done  :)

Leon

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 03:21:26 am »
gr8 story    :-*

satch

• LXA addicted
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 04:20:34 am »
Hehe thanks guys
dicks

Puma

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 05:32:14 am »
i got mentioned atleast six times
this i like.

Atumbra

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 05:34:20 am »
interisting ass story

nicee :].

satch

• LXA addicted
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 06:11:57 am »
i got mentioned atleast six times
this i like.
Lul poom. I can edit it. ;]
dicks

RussG

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 09:39:57 am »
I'd say welcome to lxa but instead i say yo. Yo.

Hugglebunny

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 03:13:46 pm »
cool story :P

Michiel

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 03:28:57 pm »
Tactics, speed, and ego.

I realized I really needed a little ego, as I was too tired of people stepping all over me. I had to be confident about myself. You may think this is strange but LieroX has changed my personality in life. Gave me confidence and comfortableness, and a stronger ego (in a good way). My game style has become much more stable than before, and even though I'm always trying a few new things, I know my main style. Anyways, [Sn] is kind of inactive but we still cw here and there. All the euros in [Sn] have left (excluding super inactives + Huggle/Luci). But most of my gameplay was with Asrack, Pure, Gigolo, Snap, Leon, and a few other -Like a Boss- ers. I practiced playing rifles a loooooot with Stephen and Pure, and they have taught me a lot. I really enjoyed playing with them, and I even asked to join Boss but I was rejected.  Pretty recently, Snap decided to make a clan named [doT] and stole Sahweet and Armada from [Sn]. I was extremely close to joining until I kind of figured that [Sn] would be a little more active. [Sn] is basically just me, Poomah, Huggle, and Luci. I am a very unique player and I am getting better as the clock ticks. Soon I will exceed my point of average-ness.

Hey im around much too, I think im the most acive player so this part fails:P
but I dont see you and poomah, lucifer and huggle much.

anyways, nice story

satch

• LXA addicted
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 04:25:07 pm »
Tactics, speed, and ego.

I realized I really needed a little ego, as I was too tired of people stepping all over me. I had to be confident about myself. You may think this is strange but LieroX has changed my personality in life. Gave me confidence and comfortableness, and a stronger ego (in a good way). My game style has become much more stable than before, and even though I'm always trying a few new things, I know my main style. Anyways, [Sn] is kind of inactive but we still cw here and there. All the euros in [Sn] have left (excluding super inactives + Huggle/Luci). But most of my gameplay was with Asrack, Pure, Gigolo, Snap, Leon, and a few other -Like a Boss- ers. I practiced playing rifles a loooooot with Stephen and Pure, and they have taught me a lot. I really enjoyed playing with them, and I even asked to join Boss but I was rejected.  Pretty recently, Snap decided to make a clan named [doT] and stole Sahweet and Armada from [Sn]. I was extremely close to joining until I kind of figured that [Sn] would be a little more active. [Sn] is basically just me, Poomah, Huggle, and Luci. I am a very unique player and I am getting better as the clock ticks. Soon I will exceed my point of average-ness.

Hey im around much too, I think im the most acive player so this part fails:P
but I dont see you and poomah, lucifer and huggle much.

anyways, nice story
Oh sorry haha I wrote this in one go I didn't mention you :'<. And yeahhh I'm active. But remember how it was during school? That's when NA and Euros never combine very well
dicks

PreDaToR

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 01:42:40 am »
Hey! Nice story! But you forgot me in the |FeaR| part. You gotta remember me. I was |FeaR|~SK~
And I was in [MGD] too. ---> [MGD]-Shark.
It's not like I was caring that much, but I think you remember me!   ;)
Anyway, very interesting story!  ;D

SorZ

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 02:15:16 am »
If I remember right, we used to play pretty much together and I taught you some tricks and stuff.
I'm really bad at NA players though, since you guys changing nicks so often hehe.
So my memory maybe isn't 100% reliable, but I'm almost sure it was you Satch.

Anyway, nicely written. ;)

Asiak

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 05:25:49 pm »
Whoa you totally got all that (Ew) part wrong, go check the old thread to get an exact timeline and such.  :)
(07:14:33) Orasund: were to i get the Game Script maker?
(08:16:11) Hostile: From the Magicland
(09:20:47) Orasund: Magicland? could i have a link?
(09:41:51) Hostile: Theres no link to Magicland. Magicland is inside everyones hearts. Look deep ...

satch

• LXA addicted
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 12:00:40 am »
xd Ok
dicks

Snap

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 01:01:25 am »
Lol i rather liked this part "But most of my gameplay was with Asrack, Pure, Gigolo, Snap, Leon, and a few other -Like a Boss- ers."
Made me sound like I was in boss xd

ExiT

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 01:12:18 am »
You may think this is strange but LieroX has changed my personality in life. Gave me confidence and comfortableness, and a stronger ego (in a good way).
Lierox, way better than male enhancement  ;D . GoOd story, i was entatained.
Hallo

satch

• LXA addicted
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 07:05:19 am »
I updated this thread with some new information. This is mostly targeted to active players who don't really know me all that well. This is a gem 8) I encourage atleast skimming through it
dicks

Boomboy

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 04:43:49 pm »
FeaR was great till it got destroyed :D :D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

anything