Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: The truth behind [WvW]  (Read 5982 times)

Legend

The truth behind [WvW]
« on: August 10, 2009, 09:04:54 pm »
The history of WvW is a history of dramatic incidents, enormous manoeuvres and occasionally even animosity.
Yet it's also a story of a clan that grew to be one of the most united clans today.

One day I began to read the WvW thread from the first post to last. It made me ask myself, how the hell did the clan evolve into that it's now? That's what made me write this and I'm trying to answer that question. I also attempt to rewrite WvW's history; make all occurences look rational in retrospect! Thus this text is propaganda written in order to paint a different picture of the clan. Things I describe here are based in my personal conclusions and notions. Which means all of the scheisse in here may not be entirely true in all occasions. Merely speculations.

WvW's creation was quite extraordinary. We in aC were planning to stay in aC and see it fare well in the future. But then a certain wanker known as oSq came and suggested Uw's reborn, which would include us two plus Agn and Xandoz. Truth to be told, I wanted to be again in a clan that would be similar to Uw. aC seemed to be a prison of it's past and therefore couldn't serve that goal. At least neither oSq or Agn were willing to join it in the very end, due to their world-wide famous arrogance. I couldn't agree with recreating Uw as long as it would have meant letting other acers down. There I got the groundbreaking idea of creating a new clan that would consist of most of the former aC members, plus oSq, Agn and Flare. I have to admit I'm still a bit unsure how Flare got messed up with this. At any event, it came to me as a small surprise that everyone were up for it. We need to be aware that certain players involved weren't in such good terms with one another in the past. Anyhow, there was plenty of trouble with deciding who were to be leaders and regulars. Someone requested this and another one that. Eventually the majority of players could convince a certain members to agree that being equals is without a doubt the best option.

At any rate, WvW was more or less succesfully created. LXA members, like usual with the new clans born under such dramatic circumstances, rejoiced to see the WvW thread created. Rejoiced because they got so convenient reason to flame and whine! They knew absolutely no details, but why would they care? It was such a tempting chance to yap yap to other curs, challenge people to a duel of words and thus boost one's ego. It seemed as people got so obsessed with our thread that there was no end in sight. Especially Milec was literally in flames there. Though I have to reluctantly admit he made sense sometimes. Ah well, those cases were very few in number.   

Finally the bloodthirsty forum-beasts left our thread. More importantly, Agn and Thor deciced to leave the clan after a few weeks from its creation. Both were quite inactive so it didn't come that unexpectedly. Those two were eventually replaced by Frey and Quivers. All that affected a lot in the clan.
Slowly, certain members in the clan began to get disapointted of Luffy's way to run a clan. Luffy still remained as a guy who seemed to want to gain authority over the others and lead the game. He was and is a competitive player through and through and cares only of well-being in the battlefield. Quivers obviously took the initiative and started rampaging and stating that Luffy must be kicked out. Quite a many people then could agree with him. WvW had begun to resemble former Uw more and more. Therefore it was obvious the clan had no longer place for a player like Luffy. Only Flare seemed reluctant, and finally he decided to leave soon after Luffy's boot. Agn also returned to WvW which even more fortified Uw's 'resurrection'. Only Frey wasn't an ex Uw, but it mattered none. He had proven many times over that he fulfilled every possible criterion of a player that could call himself Uw-obsessed. More, he would prove himself as an invaluable player for the clan in the future. Many of you must have witnessed his matchless lagshield makes him a formidable ally in battle

LXA once again conquered WvW thread to turn it into their personal playground. Worse, many people chose to sympathise with Luffy. Not that it would be utterly inacceptable, but woah, people that knew absolutely nothing about what was going on decided to 'defend' him. I can't help but think they didn't want to defend him just because they REALLY felt pity for him, but for 'other' reasons. At the same time we somehow got mixed up with Osp, talking about playingstyles, general behaving and so on. Basic stuff. That was rather fun scheisse, judging in the retrospect. 

I and Xandoz pondered once merely for interest's sake who would be possible players that we could recruit. We both agreed that Nack could be quite a potential one. Well, after a few weeks many players, including me, turned inactive. That time, Nack decided to leave aR. Xandoz sure must have been in hard-pressed situation, in order to get Nack in the ranks of WvW he perhaps should act quickly. Thus he decided not to consult me, Agn and oSq. Nack however was such a cool guy that it shouldn't be any problem. Or so we thought. Nack unfortunately appeared to prove himself a bit too inexperienced if compared to other members. That led Agn to come into a conclusion that Nack without question is sucky player worth a shit. And obviously no power in the world could convince him to reconsider. So basically, it was either get rid of Nack or Agn. Hm? Yeah, I think so too. Kicking Agn would have been the best thing. How stupid of us!1!

During the time Nack was in the clan, Kurt suddenly reappeared in LX, PM'd me and asked if he could join WvW. Only oSq was against; "Hell, he is a fukcing fine personed estonian!" But we knew how adept he is all around so he could be useful. And thus, he was recruited.

As Kurt's ultimate camping skills were added and Nack's removed, WvW could grow to be the most formidable foe to any clan in LX. As a result, we gained the 52 clanwars winning-streak which may well be the record in the game. What's more, we defeated time and again very experienced clans, and actually beat them in the setting every LX player that calls himself a professional can play quite well: v1.0 100lt.
WvW also proved it's might in the Domination contest by winning it with routine.

Retrospectively it's tempting to assume this clan was inevitably to be a reborn of Uw. At least after Luffy's kick it was no longer any vague in what direction this clan was going. But before anyone recited that Luffy should be kicked, this clan sure was a lot different than what it's now. I must add that the modern-WvW is a lot different from Uw, but also that they are very much alike. At least WvW can claim to be the closest clan to Uw. The greatest different is obviously that we are now actually very close to Osp(!!!). In regard that WvW is very united, as is Osp. It's hard to think we are recruiting many people from this point on. That also means that it's highly unlike anyone will leave WvW in order to join another clan, or leave at all for any reason. Alright, alright. We recruited Kevin, but he could have been in WvW anyway without his leaving in the first place, so rather consider him returning back in the clan from a time of inactiveness.

How to define a good clan in LX? WvW is a very united clan with a lot of clanwar strenght. More, It has quite an amusing history!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 01:37:52 pm by Legend »

Thor

Re: The truth behind [WvW]
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:20:55 pm »
Speaking of myself, I'm happy that I left the warriors by so quiet voices because the clan wouldn't have grown to it you describe WvW. But... in a way my [WvW] leaving was my worst mistake ever.

It's great to see [aC] and [WvW] alive same time, as pretty strong ones. But even I'm and I will be in [aC], I gotta say that [aC] is still a baby compared to [WvW]

Also, all the apologies of that harm I've done in [WvW] thread.

iliera

• "To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +156/-96
  • 14 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To iliera
  • Vicinity of obscenity
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 09:22:36 pm »
I've got to say, I never knew Uw.. But why is there such a desire to make exactly the same clan? If  Uw died, then it's follower's shouldn't have different destiny?
Anyway, I haven't whined about anything so far, so go me..

Btw it was strange how you decided to recruit nack. Like you were just looking for active players - which is probably true. Tho why did you guys decide to kick nack over Agn? Agn clearly was(read: is) totally away from liero.. Or is that seemingly familiar Uw picture so important?

But yea.. Nice story, too bad can't see WvW playing so much lately(except Legend maybe).

Nets

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 09:23:26 pm »
i'll just leave this here

Flare

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 10:16:18 pm »
There I got the groundbreaking idea of creating a new clan that would consist of most of the former aC members, plus oSq, Agn and Flare. I have to admit I'm still a bit unsure how Flare got messed up with this.

The day when oSq and Agn decided to quit Uw, I left LX for some months, didnt talk much with LX people and such shit.

Then one day, oSq came in msn and told me that he is making new clan with some ex. Uw and aC members, and wanted me to join too. Well for some reason I accepted his offer and joined in the "WvW's founder team."

Btw nice story, WvW is still great clan and one of my favorites when we are cw'ing, WvW give us most challenge of all clan's that exists nowdays.

RussG

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 11:55:25 pm »
Reading this made me check it out and I noticed there's only been 2 cw's against LaG! Like wtf, are we good at turning down cw requests or have you not been spammin our servers enough with "cw against WvW?"-wants-to-join-messages?

Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 12:04:31 am »
Reading this made me check it out and I noticed there's only been 2 cw's against LaG! Like wtf, are we good at turning down cw requests or have you not been spammin our servers enough with "cw against WvW?"-wants-to-join-messages?
Come to think of it, I recall an incident where we had a rock-paper-scissors competition with Sn deciding which one would cw you guys. We won it but as we couldn't get a 3rd like promised you chose them over us. Just imagine our saddened feelings!

RussG

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 12:14:17 am »
Come to think of it, I recall an incident where we had a rock-paper-scissors competition with Sn deciding which one would cw you guys. We won it but as we couldn't get a 3rd like promised you chose them over us. Just imagine our saddened feelings!

Actually I was wrong, we've played against you thrice. Your list just had only 2. But yeah, because of that rps-game you won we owe you one cw. Let's have that next weekend or earlier. (Good thing we chose Sn over you then since we won that one. xd)

Frey

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 05:58:25 pm »
Nice story and so far I know it's true too. (That's pretty remarkable on LXA!)

[WvW] has had a lot of changes during the existance of it. In the beginning I didn't know any of the members too well, but now I have gotten to know them better, it is a great clan and I'm happy I can be a part of it.
The changes that [WvW] has gone through have two different subjects:
1. There is the kicking and recruiting of members. At the time it all happened, I didn't always agree (cfr. Nack). But when I look at how the clan is now, I'm glad it happened the way it did. In my oppinion this clan is nicely united (Warriors?) and every member is well skilled and nice to one-other. The only problem now may be the inactivity, but well.. We're there when you need us!

2. There is the change of uber-competitive cwing to fun-cwing. This may just have been due to the cw-winningstreak but still it's remarkable how, in the beginning, there was no such a thing as losing without whines and flames. And now we lose with a laugh (mostly ;)).
I have the feeling that we have achieved what we wanted to achieve, and now we can relax a bit more.

Three hoorays for [WvW] from me. Hooray hooray hooray!

PS: Small letters ftl.

QuiverS

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 07:37:23 pm »
story tells it all.

Nicely described Legend.

AgnituS

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 10:07:36 pm »
Tho why did you guys decide to kick nack over Agn?

Because I own.

iliera

• "To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +156/-96
  • 14 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To iliera
  • Vicinity of obscenity
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 03:44:41 am »

Because I own.

Play MOAR?
I see Nack every day.
Haven't seen Agn and Osq for weeks....

Cloud

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 06:08:42 am »

Because I own.

But not really.

AgnituS

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 10:03:39 am »

Play MOAR?
I see Nack every day.
Haven't seen Agn and Osq for weeks....

Me and oSq have also something else than LX in our lives. I play a couple of times in a month and that's enough for me.

Besides, if we pros played everyday, the glamour of our skills would be gone soon.

Xandoz

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 03:38:54 pm »
It's a true story.

Joonazz

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 09:19:41 pm »
WvW has always represented for me some heavy skills and a lot of competition. I've always thought you guys are a bit serious-minded but then again I don't really know you. Frey is the only one I know a bit better and he is really cool :P. You have proved to teh Lx-world that your clan is worth being alive so keep it going :)

SLak0n

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 12:33:14 am »
WvW PRO AT CLASSICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :P 8)

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 04:32:00 pm »
that's right

RussG

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 05:40:00 pm »
I was just thinking, are there any WvW's left anymore or is it dead? I'd like to have a cw with the rest if you still are around.

AgnituS

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 09:35:16 pm »
Dead? We will never be dead!

Frey

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 03:09:40 pm »
I'm around, can't you see!

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 08:01:06 am »

QuiverS

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 05:33:29 pm »
dumdumdum

Thor

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 08:49:18 pm »
hehe how united

Roxxy~

=d
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 07:10:40 pm »
Now when i know the how this clan born. And those circumstances, i only can admit, Woah.

My respect for this clan just grows, time by time.

Dropkick

Re: =d
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 07:54:22 pm »
Now when i know the how this clan born. And those circumstances, i only can admit, Woah.

My respect for this clan just grows, time by time.

Your love for me grows*
This signature is dumb

Roxxy~

=d
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 08:10:25 pm »
Yeah, play with me more and you will see progress. :d

Jage

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 07:33:57 pm »
The truth behind the truth!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

anything