Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Schutzstaffel - [ss]  (Read 20712 times)

joni

Re: Schutzstaffel - [ss]
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 06:35:02 pm »
Yes a poll, a poll! Let me start:

POLL #1: [ss] stands for 
  A: Schutzstaffel = 0 votes
  B: Super Shotguns = 0 votes
  C: Serious Sams = 0 votes
  D: Shrooms of Strenght = 1 vote

iliera

• "To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +156/-96
  • 14 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To iliera
  • Vicinity of obscenity
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 06:40:21 pm »
Can't whine about the name for Christ sake. After all, I'm pretty sure they don't mean it seriously.
I hope that the part of the post where you talked about the clan-name was sarcasm Ruki.

Btw Ruki, I'm really glad that You have found Your best mates in LX so fast, because it's really hard to find people that you can play with together a lot.
Probably this is also the reason Rip hasn't died - You don't even REALLY know the other members.(MSN-chat is always just fancy-chat with people who haven't met You in real-life)
So I wouldn't say You can brag about being in one clan for long time, if the clan really is marked as inactive for probably about half of the time.
regards

joni

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 06:57:32 pm »
Can't whine about the name for Christ sake. After all, I'm pretty sure they don't mean it seriously.
I hope that the part of the post where you talked about the clan-name was sarcasm Ruki.

Btw Ruki, I'm really glad that You have found Your best mates in LX so fast, because it's really hard to find people that you can play with together a lot.
Probably this is also the reason Rip hasn't died - You don't even REALLY know the other members.(MSN-chat is always just fancy-chat with people who haven't met You in real-life)
So I wouldn't say You can brag about being in one clan for long time, if the clan really is marked as inactive for probably about half of the time.
regards

Not gonna vote on the poll?

pelya

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 12:28:18 pm »
  B: Super Shotguns
I vote for this one :)

iliera

• "To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +156/-96
  • 14 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To iliera
  • Vicinity of obscenity
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 01:11:19 pm »

regards

Not gonna vote on the poll?

You forgot the E varient:
E: Spermsuckers

Raziel

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 01:54:45 pm »

regards

Okay. No need to expose your bitterness.

IRC

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 02:11:54 pm »
It is pretty obvious that since they picked to name ss the correct meaning, they are simply copycats, with to much sparetime on their hands.

Dont get me wrong I like a tag with a meaning, unlike 90% of the clans, that is just random letters. However this is alittle extreme.
Cop is my legacy.

Wander

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 03:01:30 pm »
Okay congratulations, you even lured me into your new clanthread. Anyway, let's get down to why i'm here.

Here's a little advise for you:
If you wish to last for a while and be more than a weak imitation of [FoH], change your name. It's disgusting.

Maxxa

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2009, 06:42:02 pm »
Okay congratulations, you even lured me into your new clanthread. Anyway, let's get down to why i'm here.

Here's a little advise for you:
If you wish to last for a while and be more than a weak imitation of [FoH], change your name. It's disgusting.

In the end (and the start and everything between them) its players hwo makes the clan last, not some fancy name for them.

Asrack

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 07:16:44 pm »
I didn't wanna stick my nose in it, but it seems you don't seem to understand that this clan name is disturbing people. It is not because you have no creativity. This kind of topic never comes up. It's a name that some people do not think is the right choice to use in a public forum.

In my opinion, I would just delete the thread and tell you to go somewhere else.

MissingNo.

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 07:27:41 pm »
Ehh, it's just a name. I'm pretty sure they didn't pick it to offend people, though I know it still is. They could've just picked the name because the SS were an incredible (read: powerful) force. Look at some of the other names of clans we've had come up. Some of them are more offensive than this (dildo punishers come into mind).

[leke]LemonNinja

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 08:42:26 pm »
So sad that this isn't a german forum.... because you guys would have received a perma ban even before someone could have answered to this.  :-*
Seriously, I can't understand how someone can create a clan named after the most worthless dickheads that ever walked on this planets surface.

When we die we come to a better place... I'll respawn right behind you!

Sebbe

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 08:45:40 pm »
Ehh, it's just a name. I'm pretty sure they didn't pick it to offend people, though I know it still is. They could've just picked the name because the SS were an incredible (read: powerful) force. Look at some of the other names of clans we've had come up. Some of them are more offensive than this (dildo punishers come into mind).

???  Mike is serious?!

*Hides*

Ow, Lemon. It seems like some ''dickheads'' are still alive, lol.

MissingNo.

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2009, 08:55:02 pm »
I was serious about it just being a name that they picked. If they did pick it to be offensive, that's a completely different thing. I would be agreeing with everyone if they were trying to be offensive. I in no way condone Nazism, Hitler, or the like.

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2009, 08:57:48 pm »
I was serious about it just being a name that they picked. If they did pick it to be offensive, that's a completely different thing. I would be agreeing with everyone if they were trying to be offensive. I in no way condone Nazism, Hitler, or the like.

If I punch you in the face, even though I don't mean it offensive, it will still hurt you.

MissingNo.

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 09:07:16 pm »
This discussion is going nowhere. Both of us are thinking the same thing "This guy is a moron and doesn't get it."
Since it's really this offensive then report it to RuN or another mod/admin, but they have the right to name it whatever they want, offensive or not.

miri

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2009, 09:15:59 pm »
Maxxa is definitely one of the most stubborn creatures that ever walked these forums.
[Cop] miri

Rakkula

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2009, 11:01:49 am »
What's wrong with the name? I don't find it particularly offensive. In this I can only speak for myself though
Seriously, I can't understand how someone can create a clan named after the most worthless dickheads that ever walked on this planets surface.
No, no, no, the SS weren't dickheads any more than you are. The SS were a special forces unit that, although killed a few jews, were only aroused into hatred and violence against minorities just like the entire Germany was.

Though I don't find genocide the most subtle way to resolve cultural differences

Both sides need to understand the cultural barrier that is between you. In central Europe, this heritage is something people don't talk about that much, a tabu. In Finland, that luckily avoided the worst crap given by the Nazis (instead received a nice stack of weapons to kick the Russkies' arses), this is not such a tabu anymore. So here this subject is more open for conversation, even for jokes sometimes.
         However, because the name is found offensive/immoral by the majority (?), in my opinion, the name should be changed.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 11:09:54 am by Rakkula »
Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one, and they usually stink.
I started playing LX while you were on your mother's stomach

IRC

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2009, 12:25:07 pm »
Ye just change the tag, how bout [Nazi] the meaning is the same anyway, they both hate and exterminate jews.

On a sidenote I believe someone already made a clan like this, with nicks like Himmler, goering etc. So come up with something new.
Cop is my legacy.

Raziel

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 12:46:13 pm »
What's wrong with the name? I don't find it particularly offensive. In this I can only speak for myself though
No, no, no, the SS weren't dickheads any more than you are. The SS were a special forces unit that, although killed a few jews, were only aroused into hatred and violence against minorities just like the entire Germany was.

Though I don't find genocide the most subtle way to resolve cultural differences

Both sides need to understand the cultural barrier that is between you. In central Europe, this heritage is something people don't talk about that much, a tabu. In Finland, that luckily avoided the worst crap given by the Nazis (instead received a nice stack of weapons to kick the Russkies' arses), this is not such a tabu anymore. So here this subject is more open for conversation, even for jokes sometimes.
         However, because the name is found offensive/immoral by the majority (?), in my opinion, the name should be changed.

The mix of your ignorance, stupidity and arrogance leaves a bad aftertaste.
Generally, your post here was totally unnecessary and kinda fine personed. No idea what was your point of sharing your 2 cents in here, but you should reconsider it once again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

anything