Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Rakkula September 18, 2019, 06:18:07 pm
Backup server NL
Modern Warfare1.0 – 100lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Marten(0 lives, 8 kills)
Hathat(0 lives, 10 kills)
baSE ReALiTy
Liero v2.0 – 100lt
IP: 80.186.168.74
Max Kills: 15
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Max Kills: 12
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Differences in physics between different versions  (Read 8307 times)

Sakmongkol

Re: Differences in physics between different versions
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2009, 01:02:42 am »
Please don't compare to other unofficial pre-Beta9s. Either compare to Beta8/Beta5 or to Beta1/LX56 (I am assuming here that Beta1 is the same as LX56 and Beta8/Beta7/Beta6/Beta5 is also all the same).
Well, if the game's behavior keeps changing between beta9s, I find it rather suspicious as I thought the physics were already somewhat 'fixed'. I think it means you are changing something you might not even be aware of or fully understand. I think this gives me a perfect right to note this difference between beta9s

So, is it different to Beta1?
Well quite obviously, isn't that how it was supposed to be?

If so, please fill in a bug report
You have a bug report here.

and compare some specific weapons and give an example where we can easily see that.
Gyogyi gave some examples there. But one weapon I could mention, is chaingun. A lot of times, I receive around 50 damage or more from a chaingun shower that would've never done such damage in other versions. This is hard to test, because standing still the damage is (I believe) quite much the same always. But when you're flying through such a shower in the air, it feels as if the game had just ignored the damage from some bullets in previous versions, whereas now the damage calculation is more exact, or even too exact as it gives you a big disadvantage. Again, I'm only saying it feels like this, as I don't know how a reproducible research on the subject should be carried out.
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

albert

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2009, 01:34:11 am »
Please don't compare to other unofficial pre-Beta9s. Either compare to Beta8/Beta5 or to Beta1/LX56 (I am assuming here that Beta1 is the same as LX56 and Beta8/Beta7/Beta6/Beta5 is also all the same).
Well, if the game's behavior keeps changing between beta9s, I find it rather suspicious as I thought the physics were already somewhat 'fixed'. I think it means you are changing something you might not even be aware of or fully understand. I think this gives me a perfect right to note this difference between beta9s

I told you, that I did an important change in physics, so of course it has changed if I make a change, that was the whole point of doing a change. And if you are saying me, that after I was doing the change in physics, the physics has changed, I am wondering why you are saying that.

This thread is about differences in physics between current development version and LX56. We are trying to make the behavior more close to LX56. The starting point was Beta8, which was (as you said) different than LX56. So, to be more close to LX56, of course we need to change the behavior of the current SVN. And then, if current SVN is still not good, we again have to change the behavior. That's what I did. And of course, it should be different then because my code change wouldn't have made sense otherwise.

So, is it different to Beta1?
Well quite obviously, isn't that how it was supposed to be?

The whole thread here is about to make the physics closer to LX56. So, if it is different, it of course was not supposed to be different. It was supposed to be equal to Beta1 (LX56).

If so, please fill in a bug report
You have a bug report here.

That doesn't help at all. To much different things are said here. I need clear and separated bug reports where we could keep track of each issue on its own. I even don't know about how much separated issues we are speaking about (and which of them are solved now and which not and which new issues have come up...) because it is too unclear here. And I don't want to read all again and again to sort out all the different issues. That is what a bug tracker is all about. To keep track about different bugs. If I change something in code, each single report can be tested again and we can see in each single report if the problem was solved or not. It's way too complicated to do that here and we would just get lost of forgot about old stuff. Why do you want to make the work for us so hard? I really don't get that...

The very important thing is, that we have *seperated* bug reports. It doesn't really help to have a post with a bunch of things said in it and I have to filter them out and break the post into its peaces by my own. For example, the rope would be one issue. Performance issues which were said in a PS is another report. Different rifle behaviour is again another report. And so on...

and compare some specific weapons and give an example where we can easily see that.
Gyogyi gave some examples there. But one weapon I could mention, is chaingun. A lot of times, I receive around 50 damage or more from a chaingun shower that would've never done such damage in other versions. This is hard to test, because standing still the damage is (I believe) quite much the same always. But when you're flying through such a shower in the air, it feels as if the game had just ignored the damage from some bullets in previous versions, whereas now the damage calculation is more exact, or even too exact as it gives you a big disadvantage. Again, I'm only saying it feels like this, as I don't know how a reproducible research on the subject should be carried out.

What older versions here? If it is different to LX56/Beta1, please fill in a bug report about that.

albert

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2009, 01:43:15 am »
Btw., I splitted two posts from here, which are more about future plans of OLX. Look here:
http://lxalliance.net/forum/index.php/topic,12395.msg188114/topicseen.html#new

This thread here is about differences from current SVN to LX56.

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +37/-4
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
  • Jordy and myself in August--RETIRED
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 02:40:22 am »
Hello!

I cant send bug reports to you from my pc. that error window just says its not able to send it.

Anyway when its about understanding my thoughts about the game, Feel free to ask Karel about them. He has the ingame experience to understand everything I say. Perhaps send him my message on msn, he will tell you what to fix, and how :)

To benno: your message has proven again the fact that you have never played with liero competitive.  Have you even tested the version?  Im sure you have no clue what Im talking about. But those are NOT bugs in the game. They make playing more wiser.

and about that hosting thing. Till distance lag exsists in any way it is need to be kept. The game is fair absolutely with its current features. Why to make differences in that.

oh and Albert I always compare this beta 9 with beta 1. I was never ever comparing it to other betas.

and the version which I used was the 4454 one!

Perhaps its better if you give me your msn in a PM. Its a lot easier to talk about the game then. :) and no contradictions and other mess.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:47:15 am by *Gyogyi* »
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

albert

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2009, 02:59:40 am »
With making bug reports, I meant to just fill in a new entry on this page:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=180059&atid=891648

Click on "Add new" and then describe the bug. Be as precise as possible. And seperate different bugs. Don't speak about multiple bugs in one report. Make multiple reports for each bug.

Just as easy. :)

(Btw., it would be better if you register at SF or if you login there with any OpenID account (for example Facebook), because then you would get a mail if I add a comment or a question to that bug report. Most likely, we will do some changes then and try to fix the specific bug and then ask there, if the bug is gone away. But you don't have to, you can also just post it anonymously.)

Captain Nack Sparrow

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2009, 11:31:22 am »
Yesterday I tried OLX and I just died from 2 doomsdays, one napalm flame (usually 15%) took 75% or full life every time and so on.

Also - I can't join servers very well, it like freezes if I go to lobby, I can't say anything (nothing appears in the chatbox), and it doesn't even reload players list sometimes and chatbox, just shows background and everything without players and chatbox messages.

Sometimes it connects and then gets frozen again after few seconds, not sure how many.

And OpenGL mod is totally different compared to gameplay without it. I mean physics with OpenGL and without.
Damage calculations are really wrong, in 2 life game I had 2000 damage (I guess it's consequent to first bug).

Server lags too, It might be network settings, but before hosting it said I should be able to host for 11 with current network settings, and my net speed is good enough for that too, but it lagged big with 3 other players besides me. (Even with 2 I think?).
With old LieroX I am able to host for 8.
nsg

albert

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2009, 03:38:28 pm »
Yesterday I tried OLX and I just died from 2 doomsdays, one napalm flame (usually 15%) took 75% or full life every time and so on.

Can you open a bug report about that?

Edit: Btw., there is a damagefactor in Beta9 and you can have different damages by worms. Have you perhaps accidently set this?

Also - I can't join servers very well, it like freezes if I go to lobby, I can't say anything (nothing appears in the chatbox), and it doesn't even reload players list sometimes and chatbox, just shows background and everything without players and chatbox messages.

What revision was that exactly? And what server? Can you open a bug report about that?

And OpenGL mod is totally different compared to gameplay without it. I mean physics with OpenGL and without.

Physics are absolutly the same, there cannot be a difference. The feeling of course can be different, in case the game runs very bad with/without OpenGL. Did you see changes in FPS? Was it better with or without?

Server lags too, It might be network settings, but before hosting it said I should be able to host for 11 with current network settings, and my net speed is good enough for that too, but it lagged big with 3 other players besides me. (Even with 2 I think?).
With old LieroX I am able to host for 8.

If it said you can host for 11 people, your network settings seem correct (at least not too low). The other people, what OLX/LX version did they use? You were the hoster? Where were the other people from? What was their ping? Can you open a bug report about that?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:43:42 pm by albert »

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +37/-4
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
  • Jordy and myself in August--RETIRED
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2009, 03:39:56 pm »
albert- I receive that message- and its updates- Im registered on SF

my email is kicsidzsi1@freemail.hu

And about the problem Nack is talking about(joining to servers causes freeze)- I havent felt it in 4454 version,  gonna test the other one today.
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

albert

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2009, 06:54:58 pm »

Ok, I found that bug, should be fixed.

Please make bug reports about the other things, to keep track about them. Still no single report was made. You just have to click on this link and type in some text...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

anything