Total servers: 4
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by SLak0n August 21, 2019, 04:16:18 pm
2012 (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 pm
[wc] Legacy of the Toilet Warriors Tribute video (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:24:01 pm
Holidays/Me leaving/me coming back Threads (The World Outside) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:14:20 pm
Backup server NL
Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 213.103.146.146
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 80.186.170.22
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multimod Bans.  (Read 2557 times)

Ahmed

• S-GFX Designer.
  • LXA Forum Furniture
  • Schwartz: +59/-14
  • 3768 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ahmed
  • College kills your social Life.
Multimod Bans.
« on: May 23, 2009, 09:12:18 am »
When I started to play LieroX (Summer 2004) I had never really cared about weapon bans, I would play 0lt Shock in edited versions of Castle Strike. As I began to play 100% there were very (if any) bans in Multimod. One day [Osp] started to use limited weapons (for example getting rid of Vegiblaster in food). New clans started popping up(example: {Q}) and from what I think started to use Multimod as an advantage against the old classic players. Nothing wrong with that fair competition. I have started to notice though that clans have become crazy with there multimod bans, I played a cw with NoM in WH40 and 5 weapons out of a possible million (over exaggeration I know) were allowed.  I always had the idea multimod was about having diffrent weapons, a variety so to speak, sure there were 1 or 2 weapons that were a must have in each mod but besides that people would have the opportunity to use what they want when they want.  In conclusion, AoG will multimod more now except we will "spam" everyone with on unconventional weapons of this generation of LieroX newbies.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

Rakkula

Re: Multimod Bans.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 10:01:02 am »
I've been wondering all these bans aswell. I don't like getting most weapons banned from mods but now I'm used to it. The point being: if you can't beat 'em, join them  ;)
Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one, and they usually stink.
I started playing LX while you were on your mother's stomach

Hostile

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 10:54:28 am »
I think the bans are a good thing. At least in a mod like WH40K since else it really would be just too spammy with all those weapons. And at least I dont find it even a bit enjoyable. But I guess in some mods, there might be too many bans.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:57:19 am by Hostile »

Nets

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 10:59:15 am »
You have a point there , if we play all with 5 weapons , what does it differ from Liero 1.0 - 100lt? Plus , banning all these weapons takes the most of that mod's gameplay like trap weapons and such. So in general we still play Liero 1.0 20lt and 100lt.

thats why me and IRC created an alternative setting for 1.0

These weapons are kinda left out in Liero 1.0

130lt

allowed weaponry:

Blaster
Winchester
Dart
Grenade
Cluster bomb
Uzi
Flamer
Shotgun
Mini Rockets
and in bonus you can gamble on Bazooka , Rifle , Rb Rampage , Chaingun.

all these are non-spam weapons , well maybe not Flamer Bazooka and Rb Rampage/chaingun , but one is short-ranged and others occur in bonus rarely.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 12:05:02 pm by Nets »

Code

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 12:29:34 pm »
these are indeed funny sets.

let's call them [Cop]-sets. k

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 12:37:12 pm »
The greatest mystery in the LieroX community, why on Earth is there something called multimod!?

"Hello, I'm new in LieroX and this is my clan [New]. Don't get us wrong, we're not a wacko(read: mortard) clan because we multimod. Thus we will pick a mod in a genuine LieroX clanwar. Not only will we pick a mod but we'll pick it 100% on our own grounds because it's our sets, savvy?"
I'm not pointing out a certain group of players, the use of the word "new" is simply a coincidence and puts some light on the hypocritical community

This wouldn't of course be a problem if there ever were something official and these mods weren't as balanced as a pile of dogshit (except MSF II). It puzzles me how they've even become popular in the competitive scene where it's crucial to have something consistent and not something awfully broken. If want to play LieroX then if frigging want to play it and not look at someone's "look I can code messages".

This is also reason #56 why LieroX is a joke as a competitive game.

I always had the idea multimod was about having diffrent weapons, a variety so to speak, sure there were 1 or 2 weapons that were a must have in each mod but besides that people would have the opportunity to use what they want when they want.
What?

I don't know who came to the conclusion that moar is better. You use five weapons thus 5 weapons is all you should get, with possible variations of the same weapon (like in MSF II). The absurd number of weapons is again a bubble with the "Look at me, I can code" message, so no time whatsoever has gone into how the weapons actually work compared to eachother.

Well well, there's #57.

Just wait, the next time I'm competing in UT2k4 I'll pick Red Orchestra.
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Nets

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 12:42:30 pm »
i don't mind , sure Cop-sets.

Aerius

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 01:02:12 pm »
You have a point there , if we play all with 5 weapons , what does it differ from Liero 1.0 - 100lt? Plus , banning all these weapons takes the most of that mod's gameplay like trap weapons and such. So in general we still play Liero 1.0 20lt and 100lt.

thats why me and IRC created an alternative setting for 1.0

These weapons are kinda left out in Liero 1.0

130lt

allowed weaponry:

Blaster
Winchester
Dart
Grenade
Cluster bomb
Uzi
Flamer
Shotgun
Mini Rockets
and in bonus you can gamble on Bazooka , Rifle , Rb Rampage , Chaingun.

all these are non-spam weapons , well maybe not Flamer Bazooka and Rb Rampage/chaingun , but one is short-ranged and others occur in bonus rarely.
Looks something like old Osp "anti" FoH settings to me, boring imo.

Nets

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 01:23:28 pm »
was originally
Bazooka
Shotgun
Chaingun
Rifle
Flamer
Uzi
Dart
Grenade

but people complained of Bazooka being too powerful so it was replaced with Blaster.

Asrack

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 02:55:06 am »
Here is an idea, if you are going to complain about how LX has worked and has been doing well for the last god knows how long":

go to the weapon options box, click "clear".

Now put the loading time to your favorite place. Then select the option random weapons.

Boom!
Pages: [1]   Go Up