Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Does LXA need a name change?  (Read 7230 times)

Cloud

Re: Does LXA need a name change?
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 02:52:16 am »
I think we should only change the forums name, if we change the name of the game.

I have an idea. If the developers are changing the way the game looks and feels, and only the basics of the game are remaining the same, then I think this current community should sacrifice itself in order to increase activity and for future players & community.

And by sacrifice, I mean this: Lately, I have been pessimistic about the faith of the LieroX community, and I surely though it was not going anywhere.
However, with all these changes happening, especially the changes happening in the game, I'm doubting my first thought.

If we totally change the look of the game, develop more features, make it more gamer-friendly, and of course change the name of the game. Totally covering up that this new game was ever LieroX. Then LieroX would be gone, and something new and interesting will come, and hopefully it will cause a surge of activity matching that of LieroX's activity 5 years ago.

And if we also do the same with the forums and create a website that is actually updated.

So, what we will be sacrificing is our past and present, for an unknown future!

Ahmed

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 06:02:47 am »
LX Ahmed :).

I like LX Auditorium sounds nice. I'd sugest holding off on name change though, till hirundo is done. Then you can think of a nice new domain name, switching a couple times every few years seems like a bad idea.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

pelya

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 12:31:38 pm »
LX Assrape!  :P LXAlliance sounds nice, I would not change it at all.
As for the game itself, I don't like name Hirudo (who made it up?), I would rather call our game Liero without any X-es and stuff. Hirudo is still the main candidate, any suggestions for new name?

SorZ

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 12:37:21 pm »
I would rather call our game Liero without any X-es and stuff.
Isn't that name already taken?

pelya

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 12:52:26 pm »
It's taken indeed, but heck, I want to write an official successor of Liero, not some one-of-many offspring which is the current OLX state. I think it won't be so hard to get original author's permission for that, but we should make Beta9 decent, so there won't be arguments that LieroX has screwed up physics and no guided missile. Hopefully Albert will extend modding engine to allow that.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up