Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: extended mod system, what should be added?  (Read 17364 times)

albert

Re: extended mod system, what should be added?
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2009, 11:24:00 pm »
I don't think it's there already so I'd like to request recursive projectiles: e.g. we don't need 100 different text files for (almost) the same projectile, we can say that the projectile spawns itself. It should make mods a little smaller and cleaner.

Isn't it possible already for a projectile to spawn itself?

Or what do you mean?

If you make a projectile spawn itself the game compiler crashes because it appends a new projectile to the end of the mod until it runs out of memory.
(At least I think it does, it's been a while since I took a look at it.)

Oh ok, I can just fix that. :)

pelya

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2009, 10:41:00 am »
I don't think it's there already so I'd like to request recursive projectiles: e.g. we don't need 100 different text files for (almost) the same projectile, we can say that the projectile spawns itself. It should make mods a little smaller and cleaner.
Then we should have another variable: MaxRecursiveCount, when it's hit the projectile destroyed.
And if proj1 spawns proj2 that spawns proj1 the recursive count should increment anyway.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:42:45 am by pelya »

albert

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2009, 11:10:18 am »
Then we should have another variable: MaxRecursiveCount, when it's hit the projectile destroyed.
And if proj1 spawns proj2 that spawns proj1 the recursive count should increment anyway.

Not sure about that. There are so many ways the mod developer could do silly things and I am not sure if it is worth to add some complicated checks for this one.

We have an ingame projectile counter now, so every mod developer can easily check how much projectiles there are and if all of them disappear after a while.

albert

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2009, 11:13:53 am »
Note that I updated the start posting. I think I added most of the wanted features (or indirectly; should be possible to realise most of it somehow). Please try out a bit. It would be nice to get some response *before* we are going to release that.

In SVN, there is also a test mod implementing some of the requested stuff. You can download that one also here:
http://openlierox.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openlierox/tools/GameCompiler/share/Test.tar.gz?view=tar

albert

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2009, 09:05:04 pm »
Bumb.

Any mod developer who played a bit with the new system?

Asrack

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2009, 12:42:15 am »
Doing it now, downloaded it and will play around with it. Looks pretty cool, looking at tthe scripts, really like the look of it so far. =)

Asrack

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2009, 10:38:23 pm »
I'm sorry about gravedigging. I didn't wanna seem like an idiot before, but I don't think I read your main thread properly.

So I finally figured out what to do, being the moron I was and  tested the mod.

One thing I found is the Remote Bomb didn't detonate when I used the detonator.
Somethings like forcefield didn't do anything at all.
Black hole was unselectable.

Some of the effects were kinda cool though.

albert

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2009, 10:42:20 pm »
I'm sorry about gravedigging. I didn't wanna seem like an idiot before, but I don't think I read your main thread properly.

So I finally figured out what to do, being the moron I was and  tested the mod.

One thing I found is the Remote Bomb didn't detonate when I used the detonator.
Somethings like forcefield didn't do anything at all.
Black hole was unselectable.

Some of the effects were kinda cool though.

I know, the Test mod is broken right now. :) Actually, all of the features proposed there should work but I updated a bit the interface and was too lazy to update the Test mod.

You can try to update it yourself if you like. Please ask if you have any questions.

Asrack

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2009, 10:44:32 pm »
Indeed I do, do you have a list of working new parameters and what they do? :o

I would like to play around with what I can sir. :D

Edit: May bad, Again I didn't properly.

Arg, excuse me, college has got me to be a bit more in a rush then normal. xd

I'm going to **** around with this stuff. :> I will post back if I have any questions sir.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:47:51 pm by Asrack »

albert

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2009, 12:42:44 am »
I searched a bit through the mailing list because I once wrote a bit about the new modding system. This is perhaps a bit outdated already but should be useable:

https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=7C8BBE85-1660-4407-B985-99F97149118E%40rwth-aachen.de

Asrack

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2009, 02:01:46 am »
I searched a bit through the mailing list because I once wrote a bit about the new modding system. This is perhaps a bit outdated already but should be useable:

https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=7C8BBE85-1660-4407-B985-99F97149118E%40rwth-aachen.de

Ooo, thank you sir.

Much appreciated.

albert

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2009, 12:10:48 am »
Heya,

I just made the 0.58 beta3 release and there are some small updates to the gamescript extensions in that release, esp. to the heading stuff.

I also updated the Test mod in Git, some things which were broken work now again, though still not all of them (will do that later if I have time - or you just try).

Anyway, what I wanted to say is, the console output by OLX is very helpfull for errors. It will warn you if some action definition seems incomplete (for example some mandatory attribute is missing) or some other stuff seems/is wrong. You should always look there and fix all the errors it throws.

Also, the biggest update probably to the text I wrote there in the mailinglist is:

Most of the stuff which has been added to Action structures has been seperated, so it cannot be used anymore at once, you have to make multiple seperated actions if you want to do multiple stuff at the same time.

You can add an additional action by setting this in an Action structure:
Code: [Select]
Additional = OtherActionStructure
And with Action::Type, you specify which specific action should be done. One example:
Code: [Select]
[Action1]
Event = Timer
Type = HeadingToNextEnemyWorm
SpeedMult = 200

[Timer]
Type = Timer
Repeat = true
Delay = 0.1

Btw., the reference C++ code I linked in the mailinglist is linked to the SVN code, which is outdated (as we use Git now).

Here are up-to-date links:

http://openlierox.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openlierox/openlierox;a=blob;f=include/ProjectileDesc.h;hb=HEAD

http://openlierox.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openlierox/openlierox;a=blob;f=include/ProjAction.h;hb=HEAD

http://openlierox.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openlierox/openlierox;a=blob;f=include/WeaponDesc.h;hb=HEAD

http://openlierox.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openlierox/openlierox;a=tree;f=tools/GameCompiler/share/Test;hb=HEAD

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 01:46:34 am by DarkCharlie »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

anything