Total servers: 4
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Punisher for real September 20, 2019, 07:30:42 pm
Backup server NL
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 68.5.19.239
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
baSE ReALiTy
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 80.186.168.74
Max Kills: 15
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Max Kills: 12
Players:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta9 testing  (Read 23545 times)

albert

Beta9 testing
« on: March 05, 2009, 06:16:53 pm »
Hi,

We hope that the release of Beta9 is not that far away anymore. However, you can help us in testing and hunting for some left bugs.

If you found any bugs, please check this site and report them there if they are not already there:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?group_id=180059&atid=891648

If you find something important missing (not really a bug but a missing feature), please fill it here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?group_id=180059&atid=891651

Please set also a sensefull priority for the bug reports / feature requests. You can chose a priority from 1 (lowest) up to 9 (highest). Everything >=6 means for us that we have to finish/fix that one before we can make the release.

Please alsoe be sure that you have the most recent version before filling in a report!

For Windows, here is the history of all EXE-files (and their downloads):
http://openlierox.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openlierox/distrib/win32/OpenLieroX.exe?view=log

For Linux/Unix, it would be easiest to just checkout the SVN and "cmake . && make" (look here for more information: http://lxalliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=5158.msg63863#msg63863).

For MacOSX, I update the build less frequent (and basically just by request). Last build I have prepared (r4604) can be downloaded here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/110683005/8bc24770/OpenLieroX_development_revision_4604.html
If you have some experiences in using Xcode/SVN, it should also not be that hard to compile it yourself (look in doc/README for more information).

If you have some experiences in C++ and want to help even fixing the bugs, that would be even nicer of course. :) (There is another thread with further information about that.)

Thanks a lot,
Albert
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:47:48 pm by albert »

albert

Re: Beta9 testing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 02:27:48 am »
Except the 6 left bugs (priority >=6), we are ready for the next release. Please recheck if you still see some other bugs.

miri

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 03:52:10 pm »
Beta9 really warps in game. The FPS is around 70, but looks like 7. I don't have a very fast PC, but beta8 works really fine compared to beta 9. You can especially see the difference between beta 9 and 2. And the server list in beta9 keeps jumping and the mouse moves slowly and unpleasantly. Perhaps it is because there are only exes to download and extra files may be missing causing the bug.

And please, cut off the new "leet" features like damage indicators. I know you can turn it off, but that feature really isn't necessary. Sometimes you have to think on your own, not just insert what a single person would like. And by the way, there is a "delete" button missing. Look at map_toolbar.png inside the frontend folder and compare it with the one in the level editor.
[Cop] miri

albert

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 04:12:54 pm »
Beta9 really warps in game. The FPS is around 70, but looks like 7. I don't have a very fast PC, but beta8 works really fine compared to beta 9. You can especially see the difference between beta 9 and 2. And the server list in beta9 keeps jumping and the mouse moves slowly and unpleasantly.

Can you give some details, e.g. what OS and what CPU? Also, can you perhaps play a bit with the GFX settings of OLX, like enabling OpenGL or so?

About the serverlist: That is because it is ordered by ping now, so when it adds new servers to the list, it puts them at the right place.

pelya

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 04:33:34 pm »
And please, cut off the new "leet" features like damage indicators. I know you can turn it off, but that feature really isn't necessary. Sometimes you have to think on your own, not just insert what a single person would like.
Too late for that, it has been added and thoroughly tested, plus it has pretty high amount of votes in Vote for feature thread.

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 04:53:36 pm »
Beta9 really warps in game. The FPS is around 70, but looks like 7. I don't have a very fast PC, but beta8 works really fine compared to beta 9. You can especially see the difference between beta 9 and 2. And the server list in beta9 keeps jumping and the mouse moves slowly and unpleasantly. Perhaps it is because there are only exes to download and extra files may be missing causing the bug.

And please, cut off the new "leet" features like damage indicators. I know you can turn it off, but that feature really isn't necessary. Sometimes you have to think on your own, not just insert what a single person would like. And by the way, there is a "delete" button missing. Look at map_toolbar.png inside the frontend folder and compare it with the one in the level editor.
The damage indicator is present in 0.56b if you hadn't noticed. The bleeding isn't necessary as accurate as the bars but the bars are, as the blood, merely suggesting that a certain worm might be running out of health. Then again, he might be at 84% even though he is bleeding like he's got haemophilia and his bar is incredibly empty. I actually wonder how anyone actually managed to come to the conclusion that it's healthy to give away every little piece of information about the players. It would break the game to an unplayable state if it actually handled the health of the worms in an appropriate manner, i.e. the server handled every health and position related detail opposed to how each client calculates both the projectiles and health of the worms.

You could more or less say that one decision renders the other decision harmless, even though both were incredibly stupid.
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

albert

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 05:24:22 pm »
It would break the game to an unplayable state if it actually handled the health of the worms in an appropriate manner, i.e. the server handled every health and position related detail opposed to how each client calculates both the projectiles and health of the worms.

But it is not like this. Nothing has ever changed in this respect.

The damage indicator is an information which comes from the original client, thus the information is exact.

miri

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 02:56:58 pm »
By damage indicator I meant the orange numbers pop up in the screen while playing showing how much was a certain player injured.
[Cop] miri

Sakmongkol

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 03:00:48 pm »
By damage indicator I meant the orange numbers pop up in the screen while playing showing how much was a certain player injured.

And what's worse, they're not always just orange, you can even color them by the worm/team who did the damage! Now how leet is that! >:(
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

BakTer

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 03:52:34 pm »
today i had kinda strange error...

i started game and there was game over on my screen, every could move but not shoot (i was only one that could not move) and the map was full of "tag game" sparkles (atleast i saw them)

sometimes i have that i start game, and it ends after that but in thistime the game stayed on  ???
wut?

albert

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 04:47:02 pm »
today i had kinda strange error...

i started game and there was game over on my screen, every could move but not shoot (i was only one that could not move) and the map was full of "tag game" sparkles (atleast i saw them)

sometimes i have that i start game, and it ends after that but in thistime the game stayed on  ???

Can you give the full console output, from the very beginning to the very end? (That should be the file stdout.txt.)

tmYn

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 01:02:48 am »
I have noticed that you have added console in the game menu, but dunno how many commands there are.

Atleast, could you add commands like "slist" and "connect <IP>"? I use those two alot when playing counter strike and other games with a useful console.

And last, could you please give me a list of available commands? I'm a really big fan of using console to set up everything, would love if it was more useful in OLX.  ;)

albert

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 01:20:16 am »
I have noticed that you have added console in the game menu, but dunno how many commands there are.

Atleast, could you add commands like "slist" and "connect <IP>"? I use those two alot when playing counter strike and other games with a useful console.

And last, could you please give me a list of available commands? I'm a really big fan of using console to set up everything, would love if it was more useful in OLX.  ;)

You get a list with "help". A lot of commands are still missing. The problem is that we have right now 3 different ways of executing commands: dedicated control (can only be used in dedicated mode but give most possibilities; there you also have a connect command), console commands and chat commands (can only be used where you have a chat but are right now more advanced than console commands).

I think "connect" is missing from console commands yet but I can add this. If you miss something else, just say it.

In future, we can perhaps merge dedicated control commands and console commands.

Also, autocompletion is most advanced for chat commands as far as I know, it's even available for setting variables there.

tmYn

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 02:36:18 am »
Could you also make a command to show all servers in a list in the console?

F.ex:

"OpenlieroX server(name)"
State:
Servernumber:

And then type "connect <#>" To connect to the server.

Ahmed

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 03:25:09 am »
It has weird fps. I can't explain why. I used a earlier build of beta 9 had 90-95 fps worked fine that was back in january come back mid march and it is back to a weird 45-55fps.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

albert

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 08:13:18 am »
It has weird fps. I can't explain why. I used a earlier build of beta 9 had 90-95 fps worked fine that was back in january come back mid march and it is back to a weird 45-55fps.

Can you say which revision that was?

Perhaps can you try some EXEs (you can download each single rev) and say which are still good and which are not?

Ahmed

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 09:31:24 am »
Revision 3163 - Worked fine 75-80fps maybe not 90 but no difference in feel.
Revision 3351 - Worked fine, but 3163 played better more stable on my fps rather then flipping a round a lot.
Revision 3428 and up-  felt Wierd FPS low 60s to 35.

The versions between 3163 and 3351 I didn't test, I can if you want :).

albert

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 11:56:12 am »
Revision 3351 - Worked fine, but 3163 played better more stable on my fps rather then flipping a round a lot.
Revision 3428 and up-  felt Wierd FPS low 60s to 35.

The versions between 3163 and 3351 I didn't test, I can if you want :).

Yes would be nice to know exactly the last rev which worked and the first which didn't. :)

This is a common method to find the bug. We often use it. It takes usually about log(n) tries (with n different revisions).

Ahmed

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 12:08:43 am »
Revision 3364 - Fps went between 36-70 really unballanced
Revision 3380 - Crashed immediately when I tried to host, then it crashed when I tried to send a bug report.

albert

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 10:51:51 am »
Hey Legendkiller, sorry for delay,

Revision 3364 - Fps went between 36-70 really unballanced
Revision 3380 - Crashed immediately when I tried to host, then it crashed when I tried to send a bug report.

I wonder a bit about the difference between 3351 and 3364. I looked up all changes in between and there was nothing changed which could make any difference in FPS or general stability. The only difference I see is that 3351 was compiled by pelya and 3364 by dark_charlie. And as they are using different compilers (pelya uses GCC, DC uses MSVC), it surely can feel a bit different but I wonder if it makes such a huge difference.

Can you try also some of the more recent revisions? I again made some small improvements. I am not sure if it has decreased the FPS a lot but it should be more stable (I hope).

Btw., your tests, these are always with local play?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

anything