Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Special OLX version, a beta 1 with beta 2 features.  (Read 20728 times)

Aerius

Re: Special OLX version, a beta 1 with beta 2 features.
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 01:27:28 pm »

pelya

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 04:56:04 pm »
I appreciate your attempts to keep OLX physics and behavior closer to original, but seriously, I'm considering Liero v1.33 physics as the only true original Liero physics. At some point of time we'll hopefully import this into OLX, it will be optional of course.

Savory

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 06:40:59 pm »
I kinda doubt the game was popular because of minute physics differences, it's more the overall game itself and it's developing community that keeps you interested.  Most of the people who would have tried this game have though... which is my reason for a loss in popularity.  They've played it for quite a long time, and have just gotten bored of it.

The number of people this "problem" affects is Gyogyi, and the people who agree with him.  While there is a community of at least a few hundred that play liero for the customizing, unique style, simple online play, and millions of mods and skins.  It really doesn't matter to at least 90% of the community whether you play your "no items, fox only, final destination" kind of game, they just want to have fun, and the newer betas continue to introduce features for them to play around with.  I say this because I generally play with the 90% part, not the small bands of L33t gamers who seem to complain about everything.

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +37/-4
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
  • Jordy and myself in August--RETIRED
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 09:12:04 pm »
No Benno, its nothing personal.
But this topic was not made for your bullshit explanations and questions. SakmongKol asked normal questions and I gave normal reply to those. What ever. There will always be some negative assholes, who see only possible complaining theme in everything others do.
Leave your bullshit to some others.I will keep deleting them, because this topic is not made for that. I am waiting replies from THOSE players, who actually start using this version normally.

Ive made this topic to help people. And I ve posted it to the AoG thread with a reason. To delete useless posts. You dont know nothing about the game called Liero or Liero Extreme at all. You havent played it competively, you havent ever had the feeling of serious playing in here and even if you did , my assumption is that it was a "false" feeling.  And before you think it was only my Opinion about your current acting, I have to tell you everyone thinks the same about the situation, who has to do something with this topic, unlike you.  So dont make a fool of yourself, go play your EMO arguing games somewhere else.

To pelya: Yeah right lets do that :) I would love to see that.

Savory:
It is fine that most people play for fun, it is just good at the end.

But I am happy that some of the oldschoolers actually like this version of the game, because they dont need fancy fatures, those are for newcomers. They play the game for old times shake. This version is the clostest to the original 0.56b probably these days, but its more slient in outlook and surface compared to other betas.

However I am really glad to say that beta 9 is now just almost the same as this version after some other fixes. As my pc is after a format and a new windows, I cant tell that whether it eats the same CPU and RAM than this one or not. because ven if it does, when windows gets bit more crowded with programs who knows how beta 8-9 would act. But that thing is sure beta9 after DC updates it the next time will have the same ingame physics as this version.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 09:13:36 pm by *Gyogyi* »
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

Laku

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 09:38:00 pm »
I had some lag problems when I played I thoughted it was this versions fault, but I had same problem with other betas. So it was just network problems.
Now what I have played with this I haven't seen any bugs. I'll use this. This is the best especially if you had b1. I recommend.

[/quote]

Griffin

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 10:26:08 pm »
Movement is the same as in the pre-updated-0.56b-fps-bound physics!? L0L
Have you ever thought you weren't right?
But he has a point, no-one should be using things that play differently depending on the computer. It's as close to cheating as legitimately possible.
Also another lx has other problems, like now either someone is going to waste their time moving the new features from olx into this so that it doesn't get kicked from new servers etc, or it will be used lots like 0.56, b1, b2 and hold back the development of olx, and the community.
If it was guaranteed that everyone would be using the latest olx we could have all sorts of new things, such as better mod scripting - but no we have people who cling to nostalgia and shoot down everything that is different from 5 years ago.
(Also these claims about lag are irritating, let's leave them out because we can argue all day about that.)

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 10:42:02 pm »
Im Eager to see a mod scripting update, and have talked to DC about as well.

this version is just till that:)

I really hope those updates become a reality soon :)
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

Sakmongkol

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 10:45:48 pm »
Im Eager to see a mod scripting update, and have talked to DC about as well.

this version is just till that:)
Well if it is indeed just till that, then I can understand the purpose of this version. There are still two major problems however: when are those updates actually gonna happen, and how are you ever going to convince all the stubborn old-schoolers to use the newest version, even if the physics were exactly identical with 0.56b? I'd like to see that :P
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:48:20 pm by *Gyogyi* »
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

*Gyogyi*

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 10:50:33 pm »
how would I get them to choose it?

easy!

Im Gyostraight! Dont ever forget it ;)

but a "hide fancy options" settings button would be also good to make if we ve just looked on those oldschoolers.

I myself dont care and like new improvements, I use the version which runs the best on my pc. :)

PS: Today, even the day came when I had to tell to DC, that if he fixes two more things, I will have to change version ... :D because beta9 actually runs quite well on my pc. I will just have to make a frontend for it to make it perfect for myself.

The funny thing is, this haha lets call it Gyogyi vs Darkcharlie thing has been going on since the lxPro times, If I remember well, late 2005, and 2006.
But thats why for example  LXpro is good for rifles as well, before its FPS wasnt stable enough for that. :)
Now both him and I are happy :P
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:54:52 pm by *Gyogyi* »
-

DarkCharlie

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 11:20:12 pm »
how would I get them to choose it?

easy!

Im Gyostraight! Dont ever forget it ;)

but a "hide fancy options" settings button would be also good to make if we ve just looked on those oldschoolers.

I myself dont care and like new improvements, I use the version which runs the best on my pc. :)

PS: Today, even the day came when I had to tell to DC, that if he fixes two more things, I will have to change version ... :D because beta9 actually runs quite well on my pc. I will just have to make a frontend for it to make it perfect for myself.

The funny thing is, this haha lets call it Gyogyi vs Darkcharlie thing has been going on since the lxPro times, If I remember well, late 2005, and 2006.
But thats why for example  LXpro is good for rifles as well, before its FPS wasnt stable enough for that. :)
Now both him and I are happy :P

... and lived happily ever after, yeah.

I originally wasn't enthusiastic to make this version, but after I refused to make hosting for more than 8 people and other complicated things, it turned out to be a two-hour work, so I decided to make Gyostraight happy and fixed the most annoying bugs.

This version has, however, many many flaws (which are perhaps not apparent now) and if your PC is able to run OLX beta 5, 8 or the upcoming 9 (which every normal PC should be able to), I would strongly recommend using them. Getting used to the "new" physics is not as hard as some people think :)

iliera

• "To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +156/-96
  • 14 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To iliera
  • Vicinity of obscenity
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 11:28:10 pm »
actually the worst thing with beta 1,5 and 9 is that they all have different ways to kill etc
in beta 1,u can do the usual wallshots(100% same as 0.56,if i'm right)
in beta 5,wallshots are almost impossible to make
in beta 9,explosing stuff goes through walls

i would recommend ppl use beta 5,since it's the most "unfair"
but the problem is that people use different versions..
and the psychics change all the time with new betas...
it would be nice to get all ppl to play 1 and only version,so everything is same..
but that's quite impossible i think

Hatten

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 11:39:53 pm »
actually the worst thing with beta 1,5 and 9 is that they all have different ways to kill etc
in beta 1,u can do the usual wallshots(100% same as 0.56,if i'm right)
in beta 5,wallshots are almost impossible to make
in beta 9,explosing stuff goes through walls

i would recommend ppl use beta 5,since it's the most "unfair"
but the problem is that people use different versions..
and the psychics change all the time with new betas...
it would be nice to get all ppl to play 1 and only version,so everything is same..
but that's quite impossible i think
not really, use beta9 and tick some option that kicks everyone that doesn't have b9 >:D
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

BakTer

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 12:15:39 am »
just downloaded it.. ill give it a try in few days, its seems like much better, than b8 that im useing, from description ;D
wut?

pelya

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 06:39:29 pm »
Future plans:
I will also upload my 1000 lvl pack soon , for those who want more levels:), Thats not a limited lvl pack, it contains all lvls which are still existing today. Before  you would say, why to put bad lvls to a pack I tell you the main point is to have everything archived, and saved for further generation. Who knows who will find or get inspired by an unfinished lvl to make his own, or to make it better. But it will also contain some good levels which only a few guys or only I had.

super mod pack:
350 mods is the plan, maybe it will be less, and there are some subversions of 1-1 mod as well. the point is the same  said in the other case.

PS: IF someone feels like that he has some not known lvls, nvm how good they are inform me about them:). Thank you.
Hey, that would be definitely nice. I want all LX levels and mods that ever existed to be uploaded to Filebase - uploading them one-by-one is unpleasant task, so better if you make your level and mod pack and I'll upload them to Filebase using admin interface.

BakTer

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 08:14:45 pm »
why i see more servers with b8 than with this?
masterservers are same
wut?

joni

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2009, 08:25:06 pm »
Cooooool, supercool.
Thanks for this release :0

Hatten

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 08:25:43 pm »
masterservers are same
it maybe cannot see servers behind NAT?
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

*Gyogyi*

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2009, 10:01:08 pm »
the show serverlist system is different in between these 2 versions. thats why :)
-

*Gyogyi*

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 10:03:39 pm »
Hey, that would be definitely nice. I want all LX levels and mods that ever existed to be uploaded to Filebase - uploading them one-by-one is unpleasant task, so better if you make your level and mod pack and I'll upload them to Filebase using admin interface.

Oh well, finally someone, lvlv pack is 331 Mbs currently, but it will be increased a little due to gathering some more lvls :)

PS: I ve uploaded Lamdabunker 2.1 version.

http://rapidshare.com/files/190348992/lamdabunker_2.1.lxl
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:43:56 pm by *Gyogyi* »
-

BakTer

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2009, 10:52:34 pm »
masterservers are same
it maybe cannot see servers behind NAT?

i dont have any NAT devices, Modem-to-pc, no routers, switches or wifirouters

the show serverlist system is different in between these 2 versions. thats why :)

doesent servers come to list by masterserver urls. by IP,s? so how  come the list be different, when both list get same IPs at same masterservers. But its true, when i go to serverlist page with internet browser i sure see more servers, than the game shows me, thats kinda nasty :/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:57:06 pm by BakTer »
wut?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up