Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Mensa IQ Challenge  (Read 12612 times)

Jeff

The Mensa IQ Challenge
« on: January 20, 2009, 03:42:03 pm »
Preface:
If you wish to participate in the IQ Graph and you have not already been professionally tested, take the IQ test at http://simple-iq.com/ (recommended at the Mensa Website) and take a screenshot of your final score. If you have been professionally tested, please post all of your results, then an average-- eg; 120,123,115 (119)

I hope this works out, but it will only work if nobody cheats on this.

The users that participate in this Challenge will be added onto a graph. First, we need to have everyones IQ.

Current List

Hatten - 134
Smexy Ligar - 150
Code - 120
Caldeth - 100
Sakmongkol - 147
Oxygen - 140
Benn0 - 147

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 08:38:47 pm by Smexy Ligar »

Hatten

Re: The Mensa IQ Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 04:03:49 pm »
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9082/screenshotsimpleiqcomsiqb1.png

134. Got that in all tests that i have done (126+, 134, 134)
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

Jeff

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 04:18:43 pm »
Great, i'll add you to the list  ;)

Sakmongkol

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 04:49:25 pm »
Wohoo I'm a genius, 147.

BTW, I don't doubt your result Smexy, but shouldn't the rules be the same for everybody? So where's your own screenshot? :P
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Code

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 04:55:14 pm »
to ur first post, smexy.. my 120 was on another test. i'll make this one too when i've time, so u can add me then =)

Ruki

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 05:04:09 pm »
BTW, I don't doubt your result Smexy, but shouldn't the rules be the same for everybody? So where's your own screenshot? :P
He took a formal or official or what ever you want to call it test I believe. If you read the rules carefully, you will notice the sentence where it states for such purposes to just post the result.

Reading the rules carefully is not an IQ test.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 05:05:53 pm by Ruki »

Sakmongkol

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 05:15:23 pm »
He took a formal or official or what ever you want to call it test I believe. If you read the rules carefully, you will notice the sentence where it states for such purposes to just post the result.

Reading the rules carefully is not an IQ test.
Well all right, but if for the 'professional' tests just posting the result is enough, doesn't that make cheating way too easy? As you see, for example Code's result was added without any proof or mention what kind of a test it was (I don't mean Code is cheating though =).

I also think the graph would be most truthful and accurate if everyone took the same test. So that would practically limit the acceptable tests to online ones, and the one mentioned in the first post would seem to be good enough, if it's recommended at the Mensa website.

Or maybe I'll just take a professional test tomorrow and score 200 ???

~ Miles Davis

Ruki

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 05:32:11 pm »
Well all right, but if for the 'professional' tests just posting the result is enough, doesn't that make cheating way too easy? As you see, for example Code's result was added without any proof or mention what kind of a test it was (I don't mean Code is cheating though =).

I also think the graph would be most truthful and accurate if everyone took the same test. So that would practically limit the acceptable tests to online ones, and the one mentioned in the first post would seem to be good enough, if it's recommended at the Mensa website.

Or maybe I'll just take a professional test tomorrow and score 200 ???
Nobody is taking this online test (even if it is the same for everyone) under the same conditions so we can't really test it out who is the smartest. Neither would we be able to do that by taking the same test in same room but that would be at least more accurate. Screenshot for my scepsa is exactly the same as just writing your result without any argument. I took 2 tests a while ago - one quite long ago when I got my schoolarship and second one when I was a bit older so I don't like these online tests, usually they are easier, at least so it was for me. Of course many will write how high their IQ is but you will see how sincere they were sooner or later when reading their further posts at LXA. I'm writing that because long ago I used to brag with this thing (well I have a reason to boast :) ) but what the **** does IQ matter, there is also emotional IQ which alot give a higher meaning to anyway. It is silly to make a chart according to such tests :) that's why it doesn't really matter if you have a screenshot or you just say I got 312. We may ask her for a better opinion.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 05:34:47 pm by Ruki »

Caldeth

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 05:51:08 pm »
Well, mine was only 100.

Jeff

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 06:07:28 pm »
Added.

And yes, the online tests are easier. I don't know where the source is, but it said that that online tests are up to 6% more lenient.

Sakmongkol

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 06:33:34 pm »
Ruki, I know the test is not the same for everyone no matter what, and it wouldn't be much use if we were to actually see who's the smartest. However, I believe we are (or Smexy is) simply making a graph to add the results to, and regarding that graph it does matter what tests we take, and as I see it, the closest we can get to a truthful graph is by taking the same online test for everyone. It seems to be a known fact that online tests give a higher result than 'professional' tests, but because we can't verify everyone's results in a professional test, we should all take the online one. This way the average score will probably be too high, but the scores would be at least somehow comparable to each other.

Of course there are much more important things we could measure like the emotional IQ you mentioned (even though I don't know how that is measured, if it even can be), but always saying 'there are more important things we could do' wouldn't get much anything done. I don't want my result to be added next to others' because I want to brag with it, I simply think it would be fun and interesting to see what the graph would look like. If anyone wants to get a real measurement of their IQ, this is obviously not the way to do it, and no-one should take the to-be graph too seriously. Still, just saying it's silly and useless won't do anyone any good IMHO. :)

EDIT: Is my result gonna be totally ignored? You added Caldeth's even though he didn't take a screenshot, but not mine? :'(
Also Smexy, I think you should take into account the points I mentioned when making the graph, because the way you seem to be doing it now is indeed gonna make it rather inaccurate.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:40:08 pm by Sakmongkol »

~ Miles Davis

Rakkula

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 07:10:58 pm »
I don't trust this test (same goes for most internet IQ tests). First of all I was really annoyed having to do that test in English. Some of the questions didn't open for me until reading through them multiple times even though I've always considered myself pretty good in English.
        The main reason for not trusting them is the highly fluctuating final results. From one test I got 128, from another 115 and from a third one 138. From this one I got 149 (forgive me, I had to do it twice bacause I only made it half way through the first time. Time ran out as I had to go downstairs. So my score doesn't really count) Also, the scores are really strange. Almost 50% of the LXA population seems to be geniuses. This must be either due to cheating, not posting results, the test sucks or we actually are geniuses. My guess isn't the latter one though.
        Moreover, the odd humour and stupid comments made the whole test appear rather dubious.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:20:50 pm by Rakkula »
Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one, and they usually stink.
I started playing LX while you were on your mother's stomach

Jeff

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 07:16:42 pm »
If you can find a better test, feel free to post it.

*Sorry sak, i added it*

Rakkula

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 07:20:16 pm »
http://www.tieteenkuvalehti.com/htm/IQTest/fi/index.htmlWell, I know this one. This must be the most popular test in Finland atm. From this I scored 115. Too bad it's in Finnish only.
Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one, and they usually stink.
I started playing LX while you were on your mother's stomach

Cloud

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 07:22:53 pm »
I agree with Ruki and Rakkula.
And I just noticed this now, why is this thread in the cavern of enlightenment?
Shouldn't more appropriate place be The World Outside/Forum games.

Jeff

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 07:27:45 pm »
This is a serious discussion, and I thought that it fit here more than the other threads.

Sakmongkol

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 08:50:01 pm »
Yeah I agree with all of you who say you don't trust these tests, of course these are not to be trusted as absolute truth, but I think they give at least some kind of reference. But if there is actually gonna be some kind of a graph where the results would be added, we should definitely pick one test and everyone who wants to participate should take that one, because as you see  there is always some fluctuation between different tests. But if we put for example Smexy's result from a professional test, my result from the English test and Rakkula's result from the Finnish test in the same graph, the graph will be useless.

BTW I scored 136 in the Finnish test, I think it was a lot more interesting than the English one, because it wasn't just 'True' or 'False', and it also tested lots of different types of things. I got full scores from both of the 'language'-related sections 8)
I wonder if there's a similar test in English also.

Oh and Smexy, this is how you spell my nick: Sakmongkol (notice especially the bolded letter). :P
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 08:53:38 pm by Sakmongkol »

~ Miles Davis

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 10:39:48 pm »

Enough options? I don't think so!

I am somehow unable to take "Illustrerad vetenskap" seriously, though my Finnish seems to be superior than the average Matti.

How about trying the http://www.mensa.se/content/view/138/51/# test instead of that gibberish. Click "Till testet" to get to the test, don't worry it's 0% lingual.
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Oxygen

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 11:07:42 pm »
I've taken like 3 online tests and each one gave me 131 (exactly), do I have to bother taking your one too?

EDIT: I took it anyways.

Oh and please notice the time on Benn0's
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:39:54 pm by Oxygen »

IRC

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 12:08:04 am »
By the comments on this tests, it was obviously made by amateur. And the result of my IQ-test is better than you!
Cop is my legacy.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up