Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Suggestion Box  (Read 31024 times)

pelya

Re: The Suggestion Box
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 02:50:27 pm »
Update to latest LX Utils Run, so serverbox can show statistics on servers behind NAT. You should just copypaste some code, why not doing that for halfyear already?

Code

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 06:03:52 pm »
hmm looks good to me.  but... the name, "lxalliance" wont that be kind of misleading?
Name will be changed as well and LXA abbreviation will stand for something else.
+
A new clan board layout is in the making:

* one board for new clans, which still have to prove themselves. They can't moderate their own threads.
* one board for clans that have shown that they can take some responsibility. They will get moderation rights over their threads (or at least the topic starter gets it, like it is now in the non allied clan board).
* hosted boards for clans that are a bit mature and want more then just a clanthread. pretty much like the old allied clan boards, only without the allied thing.

There won't be anything like an alliance anymore since the community is too small for it to be meaningful (and there aren't any other alliances to fight with). 

Above things mean that all clans that are allied now and aren't very active will get their main thread moved to the new clanboard (2nd one) and the rest of their boards will be archived. Active ones probably get the choice between that or having their board moved to the hosted section.
when are you going to change it? i mean.. is it in some weeks, or in a year? ::)

Sebbe

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 07:06:38 pm »
How about different banners for special groups (Thinking mostly of Admin, Global Mod. and such)?

Really, giving bolded or coloured titles ain't that awesome.

Ruki

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 07:44:25 pm »
Note that anyone is welcomed to suggest but unserious posts will be ignored and will possibly result into punishment.

Sakmongkol

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 10:36:22 pm »
I think the karma system needs to be refined. First of all it shouldn't be possible to give karma for the same post more than once, and maybe there could also be some limit on how much you can change someone's karma, stricter than the 8 hour limit that exists now.

But of course this wouldn't be too meaningful as the whole system seems pretty useless to begin with. It just makes me a little sad for a moment everytime I see my negative value has gone up :'(
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Code

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 12:55:06 am »
are you guys going to set all postcounts to zero when you change all the things? ??? :o
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 12:56:54 am by Code »

ExiT

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 04:14:44 am »
First of all i think one problem we are addressing is karma, which is pretty pathetic even though it can be annoying n all. If someone is smiting you for no reason y not just message them and ask them wat is bothering them? they could just b doing it for fun to, since karma practically means nothing. Look at oxy for example, 200+ negative karma and hes as happy as could be  :P. It is basically just wat u make it, a serious  act of hatred against u, or just a persons way of playfully ticking you off (or from the people who actually give karma when they are supposed to, to tell you that your post was stupid).

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:10:38 am by Purplehaze »
Hallo

Sakmongkol

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 08:15:33 am »
If someone is smiting you for no reason y not just message them and ask them wat is bothering them?
One problem with that is that you can block the personal messages. Maybe it should be made so that you can't change the karma of those whose personal messages you have blocked? ::)
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Ruki

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 12:49:42 pm »
The moment karma was brought back it was known it won't stand as some serious indicator, it was brought back merely for fun. It was also brought back to stress your anger over silly post by a thumb down instead of quoting the post with flames or just to smite somebody you dislike. Nothing is preventing you to return the favour of smiting (perhaps a moral codex) but every 8 hours you can smite back.

are you guys going to set all postcounts to zero when you change all the things? ??? :o
I highly doubt so, reseting the post count would be ridicolous and absurd.

One problem with that is that you can block the personal messages. Maybe it should be made so that you can't change the karma of those whose personal messages you have blocked? ::)
I would want it then to be able to set a restriction in who can quote me or reply to my messages. It just doesn't work this way :)

when are you going to change it? i mean.. is it in some weeks, or in a year? ::)
It should be changed soon.

pelya

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 03:17:10 pm »
I think the karma system needs to be refined. First of all it shouldn't be possible to give karma for the same post more than once, and maybe there could also be some limit on how much you can change someone's karma, stricter than the 8 hour limit that exists now.

Hey, I wanna karma system connected to Shop in some way. For example there should be item in shop named "Indulgence" which costs like 300 or 500 credits and removes up to 10 points of your negative karma. Maybe there should be some way to convert positive karma into money, that's kinda lame though. Maybe some items in a shop will require some amount of karma to buy them? For example "Wings of glory" item will require 50 pts of positive karma and will add word "Glorious" to your title, and "emo cut" item will require 25 pts of negative karma, and will add word "Emo" to your title :P

Oh, and make plz karma action limit 4 hours.

Oh, also I think there is pretty much useless info in the user name/avatar space, it is big so if user posted some small reply some vertical space is going to waste:

NightShade

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 03:54:24 pm »
We can't make Ruki a millionaire !! :D haha
But wouldn't Money for + karma be abused? Like somebody gave + karma to all post of a user?
Good suggestion though, I like the idea =) I mean, I'm just showing the variables/possible issues that could appear with it =)

Hatten

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 05:19:05 pm »

the avatar text and the text below the name is the same thing, except for that to edit one of them you have to pay 1k creds.
LXA forum pimp/worms can be exchanged for showing postcount solely, those cool titles can, as pelya said, be viewed in profile
schwartz (could as well be removed)/online/ICQ/MSN/pm/E-mail/profile viewer (worthless, clicking name does the same thing) could be merged

that would give me ~4-5 rows and a picture instead of ~15 rows and a picture, not counting my huge user title

I think the banner space could be made slightly bigger, and at the very least raise the max to like 500 (2k for mods and global mods ;))

Or we could stop posting one line posts. Problem solved! ;D

About schwarz. i think it should be reset to 0, not make it possible to change it to same person more than once a week, not make it possible to +/- someone for one post multiple times, not possible to give more than ~5 +/- per day, possible to give longer comments and punishment given for meaningless changing like "benefit of being my friend", you're ugly" etc etc. That could be managed by adding a "report" button that sends a pm to the person that changed and if a single person gets reported several (5?) times a gmod is notified and can choose to warn the reported or the reporter or not make anything at all.

This is big changes, and it would take RuN weeks/months to code (yes i know you ;)) but it would give those things a meaning. Of course all the childs (those that act like one, like i was for example) will hate these changes, but i for one would like them.

btw that's not a new theme, i changed settings in firefox to get most things black
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

RuNyoufool

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 03:57:44 pm »
I won't change any big things about this theme, maybe we'll start from scratch some day with a new theme. So only small fixes will be done for now.

About the other changes: haven't had time yet.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Jeff

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 11:33:46 pm »

DarkCharlie

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 11:58:19 pm »
Suggestion #1

If a “teleport” feature was added to Liero, I think that it would be a great addition to the game. A Mod or Admin of the server could type

“/teleport id # (x,y)”

Where
# = player id number
(x,y) = Cartesian Coordinates of the player (like a grid)

Example;

(...)

If “worm a” (in (b,2.5)) would want to teleport “worm b” (in (j,6)) into the green area (b.5,2.5)- the administrator would simply type

“/teleport id 1 (b.5,2.5)”
(Assuming that “worm b” was id #1)

This feature would be a cool addition to Liero for many reasons. One cool reason being that you could implement a “VIP Shack” on levels.

Suggestion 2

Adding a “Banner” or “Splash Welcome” would be another great feature to implement into Liero.

It could provide extra information, also helping players that have just joined to know rules/site info.

Some people might think, “Isn’t that what the lobby is for?”

This feature would help continuous servers that allow players to join in-game. That way, they wouldn’t have to completely restart the game so that they could see the lobby “Welcome Message.”

A picture is shown below to display this idea.

(...)

Thank you for your time to read this message. If these features could be added, it would contribute to the endless fun of lxa.

No pun intended ;)

I think you misunderstood the purpose of this topic. These improvements apply to OpenLieroX development and should be posted in the OLX board (maybe some kind mod will move the post there?).
This topic is about improvements to the LX alliance website and forums.

Ahmed

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 12:26:04 am »
I think you misunderstood the purpose of this topic. These improvements apply to OpenLieroX development and should be posted in the OLX board (maybe some kind mod will move the post there?).

Yeah, DC is right. First thing LXA should do is ban all the OPLX DEVS! They are wrecking the game! aha.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

NightShade

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 12:51:08 am »

Yeah, DC is right. First thing LXA should do is ban all the OPLX DEVS! They are wrecking the game! aha.

Then there was the issue of using the topic for what it is meant for........

Smexy has some cool ideas imo =) ..so...

Smexy, please make those suggestions to where DC said they should be =)

Jeff

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 02:01:29 am »

NightShade

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2009, 05:45:56 pm »
There is the issue of the avatar image.
I think I heard someone telling me that one was unable to change it once you had been part of the allied clans or something :P
So now I can't change my Avatar the way I want to (I have to ask a person with magic powers to do it for me)

I see this as a small problem that can be fixed. (but I have no idea if it really is a small or big issue) :D

Am I far from a good suggestion?

iliera

• "To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +156/-96
  • 14 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To iliera
  • Vicinity of obscenity
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2009, 06:15:03 pm »
didn't get it clear nightshade..
one is unable to change avatar after oneself has been a part of allied clans?
have u been a part of allied clan?
cause actually to change avatar,u must buy "change avatar" from shop(costs 1000 credits aka 500 posts)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

anything