Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Suggestion Box  (Read 30460 times)

Ruki

The Suggestion Box
« on: January 10, 2009, 08:37:15 pm »
Post your suggestions, ideas, improvements, requests etc. regarding LXA and we will discuss it among the staff (LXA management team). Note that anyone is welcomed to suggest but unserious posts will be ignored and will possibly result into punishment.

Captain Nack Sparrow

Re: The Suggestion Box
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 08:48:14 pm »
Clans should be able to get allied again, inactive clans should be moved to the non-allied clan section.
nsg

Ruki

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 08:56:32 pm »
Clans should be able to get allied again, inactive clans should be moved to the non-allied clan section.
This matter was on our agenda not long ago and we came to a solution but no action is taken yet. Can you list your arguments for it?

Captain Nack Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 09:11:41 pm »
Clans will have an aim, a good attitude is it's price. If any clan member is supposed to have a good attitude, which I am sure a clan needs to get allied, I think you can avoid useless spam and most of the so called "falmewars".
nsg

Griffin

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 09:14:44 pm »
It also might cut down on lameness in cws. And cure cancer. Solve world hunger. The list is endless!

Code

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 09:35:24 pm »
it would make lxa "fresher".. :P
when things happen here, lxa gets more exciting.
- events/new things = exiting
- no events/ no new things = boring
it would make lxa more exciting for the clans :)

Steelcrush

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 09:38:30 pm »
Also more motivation for younger clans, to get allied that is.

I don't think that's fair really. The bold part. Clans like [AoG] and others are inactive because most if not all of the members have lives and are grown.  :P Not their fault their thread is as inactive as it is.
http://www.myspace.com/tragicnyc
http://www.myspace.com/lfdltown
Hello my name is Steelc and I don't like you.
Oh shi+, I'm a spammer!!

Sakmongkol

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 09:48:03 pm »
Clans like [AoG] and others are inactive because most if not all of the members have lives and are grown.  :P Not their fault their thread is as inactive as it is.
What kind of an argument is that "they have lives"? If that means they don't have enough time for this game anymore, I think they should be moved to the non-allied clan section. As I see it the allied clans should be the most active clans with a healthy attitude, which I don't think they are right now.

And in a way it is their fault really, they could choose to "have a life" or have more time for the game. Of course they can later decide otherwise but their position here should reflect their decision.
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Ruki

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 10:47:42 pm »
Tell me what would (or should) be the benefit of being allied. Custom title "I am allied"? I don't think many would care about that. That's exactly why this system was dropped. Lack of interest and meaning. In the very beginning it had a certain goal but community has evolved into a way where this doesn't really matter. It had a meaning when there were a bunch of clans with certain respect. Players were looking up to them. Nowadays nobody cares about that. New clans are created every month with same players. Flamewars... you can't really stop that. Allied or not, silly arguments would always randomly pop up. I agree about excitement. But you have plenty of tournaments around and half of them are never even successfully finished. There could be a certain system developed, like a league, and allied clans would have to play in it but again there is problem of interest and time. At first it would be a big attraction but soon it would have problems with activity. Battlecry is the refreshment we are looking for BUT it is all put up to one individual - RuNyoufool, to do it alone. He has better and more important things to do and nobody was willing to help so the development stopped. To draw the conclusion I would ask myself if something like that is even meaningful in this community.

Code

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 11:55:55 pm »
Custom title "I am allied"? I don't think many would care about that.
I think they would care.. with a nice custom title, avatars, a own 'clanforum' etc..

But you have plenty of tournaments around and half of them are never even successfully finished. There could be a certain system developed, like a league, and allied clans would have to play in it but again there is problem of interest and time. At first it would be a big attraction but soon it would have problems with activity.
allied-tourneys would be a great idea! a league or something that is very organized, and the clans have to play the games, if they wanna stay allied? ::)

Battlecry is the refreshment we are looking for BUT it is all put up to one individual - RuNyoufool, to do it alone. He has better and more important things to do and nobody was willing to help so the development stopped. To draw the conclusion I would ask myself if something like that is even meaningful in this community.
i never understod what this battlecry-thing is about  ???
maybe i sound 'nooby', but what is it??

Quaqa

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 12:27:01 am »
Clans like [AoG] and others are inactive because most if not all of the members have lives and are grown.  :P Not their fault their thread is as inactive as it is.
What kind of an argument is that "they have lives"? If that means they don't have enough time for this game anymore, I think they should be moved to the non-allied clan section. As I see it the allied clans should be the most active clans with a healthy attitude, which I don't think they are right now.

And in a way it is their fault really, they could choose to "have a life" or have more time for the game. Of course they can later decide otherwise but their position here should reflect their decision.

well I think it could be moved but not to "non-allied clan section" I think there should be a new section with the name on something like "old allied clans" or "allied clans who rarely play" (or something XD) and or if the "allied clan" system change name it will be called something else. but the meaning behind it is the same.
   I think the allied clan system is good and still have a good meaning. if clans who have earned the respect and is accepted as a working clan I think it should be moved and become allied. but not as rearly as it have happend before. if peaple sees that acting nice acually will mean a higher "grade" they will hopefully work for it.

Tell me what would (or should) be the benefit of being allied. Custom title "I am allied"? I don't think many would care about that.

well I like the way it is shown now with the clan tag under the name in a bold text. its simple but still nice ;D

RuNyoufool

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 12:48:03 am »
A new clan board layout is in the making:

* one board for new clans, which still have to prove themselves. They can't moderate their own threads.
* one board for clans that have shown that they can take some responsibility. They will get moderation rights over their threads (or at least the topic starter gets it, like it is now in the non allied clan board).
* hosted boards for clans that are a bit mature and want more then just a clanthread. pretty much like the old allied clan boards, only without the allied thing.

There won't be anything like an alliance anymore since the community is too small for it to be meaningful (and there aren't any other alliances to fight with). 

Above things mean that all clans that are allied now and aren't very active will get their main thread moved to the new clanboard (2nd one) and the rest of their boards will be archived. Active ones probably get the choice between that or having their board moved to the hosted section.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Ruki

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 12:01:22 pm »
i never understod what this battlecry-thing is about  ???
maybe i sound 'nooby', but what is it??
http://lxalliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=10796.0

Quaqa

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 12:20:51 pm »
A new clan board layout is in the making:

* one board for new clans, which still have to prove themselves. They can't moderate their own threads.
* one board for clans that have shown that they can take some responsibility. They will get moderation rights over their threads (or at least the topic starter gets it, like it is now in the non allied clan board).
* hosted boards for clans that are a bit mature and want more then just a clanthread. pretty much like the old allied clan boards, only without the allied thing.

There won't be anything like an alliance anymore since the community is too small for it to be meaningful (and there aren't any other alliances to fight with). 

Above things mean that all clans that are allied now and aren't very active will get their main thread moved to the new clanboard (2nd one) and the rest of their boards will be archived. Active ones probably get the choice between that or having their board moved to the hosted section.

hmm looks good to me.  but... the name, "lxalliance" wont that be kind of misleading?

Sebbe

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 12:28:26 pm »
Hmm... What about more skins?

Ruki

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 02:25:08 pm »
hmm looks good to me.  but... the name, "lxalliance" wont that be kind of misleading?
Name will be changed as well and LXA abbreviation will stand for something else.

Hatten

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 05:41:58 pm »
A long time ago Run said that Raziel was working on a dark theme for LXA, is it planned to be released soon?
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

RuNyoufool

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 08:35:20 pm »
A long time ago Run said that Raziel was working on a dark theme for LXA, is it planned to be released soon?

If i get my lazy bum to do it then yes. but the theme isn't completely finished yet either.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Asrack

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 12:58:01 am »
Personally I think spoiler tags would be awesome. To hide huge quote/code blocks so the post looks smaller and doesn't look huge. It makes posts look neater as well.

Ahmed

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 07:43:41 am »
Also more motivation for younger clans, to get allied that is.

I don't think that's fair really. The bold part. Clans like [AoG] and others are inactive because most if not all of the members have lives and are grown.  :P Not their fault their thread is as inactive as it is.

[AoG] is a bad example since we are more active than any other clan in the alliance out of game and in game. We use our given board and our CW forum too. Cw forum is being used less now but that is because we felt things being cluttered.

Also, these forums really need a fresh look.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

anything