Total servers: 4
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Punisher for real September 20, 2019, 07:30:42 pm
Backup server NL
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
hulmamovi(0 lives, 0 kills)
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 109.202.80.161
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
baSE ReALiTy
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 80.186.168.74
Max Kills: 15
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Max Kills: 12
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [mod] Carnage  (Read 3324 times)

'KJack.mp3

[mod] Carnage
« on: July 20, 2008, 05:37:26 pm »
This is my mod Carnage, its still in beta so please post bugs and suggestions.

Weapons:

Rocket Launcher: My favourite weapon in the game, makes massive damage if used right, though it cannot do direct hits, must hit on ground.

Plasma Shotgun: A shortrange shotgun that bounces off walls. The plasma burns up within a second thus giving it short range.

Fusion Rifle: A rifle with lasersight, does 50 damage and is a good choise for those who can aim good.

Infernal Grenade:
A grenade which explodes upon impact with ground. its almost like napalm just that it has shorter throwing range and does not have a timer.

Electro Gun: A beam weapon. This is a tactial weapon, it does not do much damage, but in defensive situations its a life saver.

Nail Gun: A standard automatic weapon, though upon impact with walls the nails bounces and can do damage falling too, which you can use to shoot your enemy in harder places.

Beta1.1
Download: http://lxalliance.net/filebase/mod.php?dfile=1208

Beta1.0
Download: http://www.digidata.se/Filer/Carnage/Carnage%20Beta1.0.rar
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 04:02:28 pm by 'KJack.mp3 »

iliera

• "To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +156/-96
  • 14 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To iliera
  • Vicinity of obscenity
Re: [mod] Carnage
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:13:01 pm »
hmm seems interesting,got to try out

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 07:16:52 pm »
Quote from: KJack
Since this is still beta, I can still change and even replace some weapons. And if you write some critique make sure you have played it with other people more than just one game. It takes some getting used too to get how you play the mod.
Soz I haven't, but don''t worry it'll be brief.  ;)

I find it incredibly useless to have two shots between the reloads as the most efficient way to use the weapon is to fire both shots as close to each other as possible so that you can start reloading. No, you don't have to be efficient, but the game slaps you in the face every time you're wasting your firepower.

To put it simple, decreasing the number shots between each reload session to one doesn't strip the weapon of 50% of it's efficiency.
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

joni

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 07:41:51 pm »
Yay you finally released it! :)
Just dldl! :D

Sakmongkol

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 08:20:10 pm »
Rocket launcher: pretty basic weapon, but it works. The area of effect could be slightly bigger, so you could hit a little easier from longer distances too.

Plasma shotgun: an interesting weapon, and very useful in tight situations. I feel it is good as it is.

Nailgun: yeah a good long distance weapon if you can hit with it, I found it a little hard at times. Maybe a slightly increased rate of fire would make it more useful.

Spikeball: having no timer is good, but I found it a little hard to deal much damage at all unless you can get a direct hit. The spikes flying so far is quite useless because they move in random directions and there are so few of them. Maybe it could be even more like napalm and release more spikes which travel only a similar distance as the flames of napalm. Also the spikes could bounce off walls to make it also useful in tighter places where you cant get a direct hit.

Electro gun: I found this very useful in situations where you are being chased, then you turn around in air and continue to move backfirst while firing this at your chaser. This one's also good as it is.

So overall I think Plasma shotgun and Electro gun are quite good while the rest could use some more work. The mod especially lacks a good long distance weapon. But definitely a good start there.
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 08:29:12 pm »
Rocket launcher: pretty basic weapon, but it works. The area of effect could be slightly bigger, so you could hit a little easier from longer distances too.

Plasma shotgun: an interesting weapon, and very useful in tight situations. I feel it is good as it is.

Nailgun: yeah a good long distance weapon if you can hit with it, I found it a little hard at times. Maybe a slightly increased rate of fire would make it more useful.

Spikeball: having no timer is good, but I found it a little hard to deal much damage at all unless you can get a direct hit. The spikes flying so far is quite useless because they move in random directions and there are so few of them. Maybe it could be even more like napalm and release more spikes which travel only a similar distance as the flames of napalm. Also the spikes could bounce off walls to make it also useful in tighter places where you cant get a direct hit.

Electro gun: I found this very useful in situations where you are being chased, then you turn around in air and continue to move backfirst while firing this at your chaser. This one's also good as it is.

So overall I think Plasma shotgun and Electro gun are quite good while the rest could use some more work. The mod especially lacks a good long distance weapon. But definitely a good start there.

Yea, Ive noticed its hard to do damage with rocket launcher with blast damage, but if u shoot in the dirt u see that the aoe is quite big. But Ill see what I can do to fix that :P.

Nailgun actually do 22 damage, so increasing the rof would make it over powered imo, I actually think its one of the better weapons :>. Ill just wait and see what other people say :P.

About the spikeball, I actually thought it was quite good. I know you cant really use it as u did with nap, besides full hit them. I use it more as a finish off weapon or against some1 camping. Ill have to wait until I get more feedback on that one too :>.

Thanks for commenting, need as much as possible before I do next version of beta.

joni

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 09:04:32 pm »
Ohyeah, you deleted the disc gun?

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 09:09:26 pm »
Ohyeah, you deleted the disc gun?

Yes I did, It was only a weird weapon xD. Actually got the weapon idea from tribes 2. :P

joni

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 09:47:13 pm »
Noez, put it back PUT IT BACK! It'z the best wep

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 08:29:37 pm »

Griffin

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 08:32:51 pm »
It looks like the link is broken :(

Edit: Great it works now!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 08:37:34 pm by Griffin »

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 08:35:34 pm »
Should work now :)

iliera

• "To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +156/-96
  • 14 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To iliera
  • Vicinity of obscenity
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 10:10:43 pm »
great mod,everyone have to start playing it now
^bump

CoЯpse

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 02:54:22 pm »
Too weird nothing new. Sorrrrry

Taking break from mod-making.

Quaqa

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 03:53:53 pm »
dude! I love it :D

ad some more weaps and this could be a really good mod.

about the infernal grenade, its way to overpowered. make it hurt a bit less and its fine.

maybe ad a a grenade with a timer on it, like the grenade luncher in quake/warsow.
and one more machine gun thats like the nail gun but maybe hurt less but got faster firing.

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 04:40:32 pm »
Yea the infernal grenade damage was a mistake, its on injure now, its supposed to be explode. Ill fix that :)

I actually had a bounce timer grenade as a test, bu i removed cause i couldnt figure out how to make a sound everytime it bounced :<.
But I can probably add more weps :)

Quaqa

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 05:02:10 pm »
lovely but dont spam out weaps.. max 3 more ;)

if ppl start to play this I might come back and play more often  ;D

SorZ

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 05:46:27 pm »
I like the mod, but I don't think that 50dmg rifle is necessary.

CoЯpse

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 04:30:05 pm »
Make sum overspammyshitweapons and play it with 0lt.

Taking break from mod-making.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything