Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Cry for Help  (Read 2349 times)

Danjb

A Cry for Help
« on: July 04, 2008, 09:33:45 pm »
Hey,

I used to play / edit LieroX back in the day, but found today the ruins of the old forum. I was a little worried, but eventually found this place, and I'm relieved to see that there's still hope!

Basically, I'm dying to see / play some of my old projects again. The other forum is full of dead links, though, and I can't find what I'm looking for. Can anyone supply me with any of the following?

1) Folder skin - I think this one even won skin of the month. It's mentioned here, but there's no working link:
http://www.thegaminguniverse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10311

2) Teddy bear skin and Christmas teddy bear skin - mentioned here, but again, dead links:
http://www.thegaminguniverse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18678

3) Ratchet and Clank mod - I spent months on this. Over 50 weapons, with graphics and sounds...

Also, is it possible to turn a script.lgs file back into text files? I was wondering if I could edit my old mod again, maybe add in a few things.

Thanks in advance,

- Danjb

Ruki

Re: A Cry for Help
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 09:45:43 pm »
Folder:

TeddyBearSkin:

TeddyBearChristmasSkin:

Ratchet and Clank mod:
http://iworx5.webxtra.net/~lxallian/filebase/file.php?dfile=543

You're welcome.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:48:19 pm by Ruki »

Danjb

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 11:51:13 pm »
Wow, thanks!

There's just this, though:

Also, is it possible to turn a script.lgs file back into text files? I was wondering if I could edit my old mod again, maybe add in a few things.

EDIT: Eesh, sorry, turns out that Ratchet and Clank mod was the wrong one :(
Do you have another? Mine was a lot bigger...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:52:48 pm by Danjb »

Griffin

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 12:04:25 am »
Yes it is possible to do it, but I'm certain that there aren't any publicly available tools to do it, because there could be madness what with LX not having any way to check if people are using the right mod, as opposed to imposter ones with no/low damage etc.

Danjb

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 12:47:34 am »
Ah... well I guess that leaves me stuck then as I've lost all the text files for my mod :(

Thanks for the quick reply anyway.

EDIT: Found my R&C mod on a friend's computer, just missing a Gorillas mod (with bananas) and a Mario theme... but I'm not even sure I released them so I doubt I'll find them :(
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 12:12:29 am by Danjb »

NightShade

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 11:59:39 pm »
The mod were here the first place....
http://lxalliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=10584.0

(yeah i know that you allready found it, but still... i managed to find something... that's a precious moment for me)

Griffin

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 12:08:17 am »
The mod were here the first place....
http://lxalliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=10584.0

(yeah i know that you allready found it, but still... i managed to find something... that's a precious moment for me)
Top post: July 04, 2008, 08:33:45 PM
Linked post: July 06, 2008, 09:58:54 PM

Sorry :(

NightShade

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 03:28:29 am »
It may just be me being tired as hell.. But what do you mean Griff? I'm having one of my blond moments again.

Griffin

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 10:04:37 am »
It wasn't there first, it went there after he found it.

NightShade

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 03:47:40 pm »
It wasn't there first, it went there after he found it.

Hahahahahahahahaha xD
I can't breath I'm laughing so hard now xD
Tnx Griff xD
oh man, why didn't I check that :D

Danjb

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 12:15:40 am »
Heh, confused now :s

Yeah, I re-posted the mod after finding it. While I'm overjoyed to find it again, I'd love to be able to edit it again, fix some of the issues and make it balanced... I don't spose it's against the rules to beg for a way of editing it somehow? Does anyone know of a way?

Oh yeah and don't hesitate to try out the mod and let me know what you think ^.^

Thanks again for all the help,

- Danjb

SteelSide

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 03:45:14 pm »
Heh, confused now :s

Yeah, I re-posted the mod after finding it. While I'm overjoyed to find it again, I'd love to be able to edit it again, fix some of the issues and make it balanced... I don't spose it's against the rules to beg for a way of editing it somehow? Does anyone know of a way?

Oh yeah and don't hesitate to try out the mod and let me know what you think ^.^

Thanks again for all the help,

- Danjb

There's basically 4 ways:
1) Open your lgs file in a hex editor, while looking at the olx source, then copy each of the bytes involved into files by your own accord (names of files are lost, afaik, in compilation)
2) Have someone else open it in a hex editor and do the same
3) Code a de-compiler
4) Have someone else code a de-compiler

Sadly, i don't know of any existence of a decompiler, and we (the dev team) has not made any, for the same reason Griffin stated. (+ the obvious thieving of other people's work)

(Oh, and don't attempt 1, i recommend 2 thou, cause of the devilish nature of it, perhaps ask griffin? I know he likes to hakz stuff, usually through a hex editor. But in the end, 3 & 4 will win every battle.)

Only request if you go forth with de-compiling: Don't release it, and don't "lend" it to anyone.

Good luck.
Get yourselves to IRC asap, I'm lonely. (And please change nick from OpenLieroXor)

pelya

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 04:25:26 pm »
There is already level decompiler in SVN, why not make a mod decompiler? Beta6 will hopefully have an ability to check if level/mod on user side have been modified, if client is another Beta6, though any anticheat system will have some holes.

DarkCharlie

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 05:12:38 pm »
There is already level decompiler in SVN, why not make a mod decompiler? Beta6 will hopefully have an ability to check if level/mod on user side have been modified, if client is another Beta6, though any anticheat system will have some holes.

This is not the biggest problem. You can always kickbanhax a cheating client. The problem is that people would steal ideas and other things from the mods.

Danjb

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 01:20:03 am »
I don't know about that... a talented modder only needs to play a mod to be able to recreate it, in theory. Well, the basics at least.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything