Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [Mod] Worm War II v1.095  (Read 14436 times)

AnubisBlessing

[Mod] Worm War II v1.095
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:31:16 pm »
Worm War II - The end of the worms
The year is 1945, and a chaos reigns over the land of worms; A great war rages all across the world. A war that has reaped millions of lives, and in the middle of the fray stand you - a mere soldier in the greatest war of worm kind. Some call you a hero, some call you crazy to still be fighting at the front lines. It is a brawl for glory, honour and survival.
With bullets flying over your head you will plunge into the enemy formations and claim your victory. Or will you end up another pile of worm guts in the trenches. Are you the worm for this job?

- It is all up to you, captain, your men and the magic you can work with that rifle!
Now move out! And godspeed...

News!

Finally v1.095 is out with some long awaited balance fixes!

Version 1.09 is on it's way and is mean to fix some known issues. Any further balance testing is greatly appreciated!

Version 1.08 out now! Try the fixed version and tell me what you think!

* Added new a weapon, Trench gun, for all you shotgun fans out there! I'll gladly fix balance issues if necessary!

* Projectile angle bugs should be fixed, give me some heads up if they still behave weirdly
Download!

Filebase download

Weapons
Both sides have a rifle and an assault rifle each, and also a special weapon
to compensate for the areas their firearms are weaker in.

Axis:
* Mauser 98k
* Sturmgewehr 44
* Gas grenade (x 2)

Allies:
* Garamand M1
* Thompson M1928
* Mortar launcher (x 3)

Other equipment
Apart from the side specific weapons, both sides have an arsenal of general use
equipment in common.

Firearms:
* Heavy Machinegun
* Trench gun

Explosives:
* Rocket launcher (x2)
* Demolition charge
* Hand grenade (x3)

Other:
* Flamethrower
* Incendiary bomb
* Barbed wire
* Sandbags
* Medkit

Known bugs
Awaiting feedback
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:57:05 am by AnubisBlessing »

miri

Re: Worm War II (Beta) by Anubis
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 02:50:55 pm »
This mod kicks ass. Seriously.
[Cop] miri

Ahmed

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 02:39:12 am »
I crash when i play your mod.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +37/-4
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
  • Jordy and myself in August--RETIRED
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 02:44:14 am »
Same here, but sometimes I can play . Isnt that fixable ?
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

AnubisBlessing

Re: [Mod] Worm War II 0.66b by Anubis
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:20:02 am »
Same here, but sometimes I can play. Isnt that fixable ?

I have no idea what could be causing it. What are you doing when it crashes? Is a particular weapon being used?
Or is it just the sheer amount of projectiles? Test it locally and tell me what happens ;>

Gas grenade lets out a shitload of projectiles, obviously (and so does the Demo charge, but only briefly, should be fixed for next beta)

This mod kicks ass. Seriously.

Thank you ;>

pelya

Re: [Mod] Worm War II 0.66b by Anubis
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 11:30:42 am »
Same here, but sometimes I can play. Isnt that fixable ?
I have no idea what could be causing it. What are you doing when it crashes? Is a particular weapon being used?
Or is it just the sheer amount of projectiles? Test it locally and tell me what happens ;>

Gas grenade lets out a shitload of projectiles, obviously (and so does the Demo charge, but only briefly, should be fixed for next beta)
Hm, OLX should be reliable enough with mods, even if they create shitload of projectiles. FPS drop, yes, but not crash :) . What version are you using?
BTW played it once, haven't crashed ;) .

Hermod

Re: [Mod] Worm War II 0.66b
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 05:49:10 pm »
I think you made the movement to slow. And i don't think it fitts the mods weapons either.

Except that the mod is brilliant, the weapons is like a combination of MSF and Vietnam, and maybe a bit better.

So, could you maybe make a new version there the movements is a bit fatser, or is it too much work? 

DarkCharlie

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 08:17:01 pm »
OT: I've been testing this and no single crash with OLX beta 5 ;-)

Awesome mod Anubis, you should however adjust the physics to be more liero-like and not real world-like. I know you tried to make it as close to the reality as possible but this game is not a reality ;-) Things I would change:
1. Physics (moving is a pain in ass, honestly, the "real" physics you should default to is the Liero v1.0 physics)
2. Weapon reloading - I hate when I take random and get all weapons that do not reload - I shoot them to the opponents and then just wait for the others to kill me because I have no chance for a defense
3. For Rocket Launcher to shoot you can't move, which is unfair comparing to other weapons because you got only one shot and the killing range isn't strong enough to compensate it

Despite these I like this mod, finally something that is not spammy and has a balanced set of weapons :)

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 10:00:54 pm »
hmmm. IVe played with my special halfway beta 1 and 2 in one version. Then it crashed immediately.

then Ive changed to beta 5, played 4 rounds with it, and after that it started to error with beta 5 as well. 

I wonder how its possible, but it gets an error when the game starts. I mean there is no problem until the last has pressed done and the fight begins. but after that immediatly or in a few secs it errors.

True I havent  played with it since my pc was restarted.

How it errors? IT just shuts liero down and then thats all, in beta 5 the error report console appears:P.
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

Calvi

• If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.
  • LXA know-it-all.
  • Schwartz: +20/-1
  • 2865 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Calvi
  • "Oh my gods! It's a Calvi!"
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 10:20:04 pm »
Demolition charge may have a too big damage range... On little levels, it could be hard to protect yourself...

You already have my feedback for the rest.... :D

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 12:06:31 pm »
Physics:

Most people seem to have problem with the fact that air movement is radically decreased from Liero 1.0, and for the next version this has been changed. It's still not as quite as much, however. On the other side ground speed is much higher to give kind of a running feeling.
In a way, though, I'd still like to keep the air speed the way it is now to keep that realism in.
But if it really is that hard to get around with the current physics, it will of course be changed.

I think it's very possible to get used to it. At least I know I have after all this testing.
All you have to do, really, is to plan your movement ahead a bit. You can jump real far in the air if you use the momentum from the ground speed (which you might remember is quite high). So the first step to mastering the physics is quite hard, but only because it's different from Classic. But as I said, there have been enough comments about it to have it changed.

Weapon reloading:
I think the non reloading weapons work quite well. Look at Classic for instance. Napalm is essentially overused as it is capable of inflicting major damage, reloads quick and detonates on impact. Also, the idea of this mod is to emphasize the use of firearms as primary weapons and explosives as secondary. You are not supposed to pick random weapons when playing this mod other than for testing the weapons :P

The rocker launcher
The rocket launcher might be too weak to have such a drawback. I'm not sure how to compensate for it, as I won't make it able to fire moving.
Maybe another shell, but the rocketlauncher is essentially a single-use weapon.

Demo charge
I, personally though it was to similar to the grenade when it was smaller, so I made it a bit bigger. As you see, it ended up covering the whole screen. So, to make it easier to survive, I've added an audible timer to it, so you know when it's gonna blow. I'm planning on making a visible timer, but that kind of takes the fun out of it ;> I have a cool solution, however. You will see in the next version!

*Gyogyi*

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 04:47:08 pm »
Physics:

I think it's very possible to get used to it. At least I know I have after all this testing.
All you have to do, really, is to plan your movement ahead a bit. You can jump real far in the air if you use the momentum from the ground speed (which you might remember is quite high). So the first step to mastering the physics is quite hard, but only because it's different from Classic. But as I said, there have been enough comments about it to have it changed.

You know not the movement itself is the thing that pisses some people off. Rather the thing that they cant avoid bullets hitting them in the air, like eg in Lv 1.0  if you see someone aiming on you you can control lyour worm in air a bit that slows you down eg if the opponents drops a grenade in front of to you, while there, you cant stop flying that way and bumm a full grenade explosion :P:P
-

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 11:04:04 pm »
I feel I have to escuse myself a bit here as I have been completely absent and making other things because of personal reasons, obviously. So, I have another release of this coming up and I was wondering if it mightn't be too much to add a soviet side as there were in fact three major forces in the european theatre. Basically, all that will be added is a new rifle and a new machinegun and a specific weapon for the soviets. Not that this will probably be played in any scenario frequently, but it's fun to have them balanced between the factions ;>

Anyway, the special weapon for the russians will be a high caliber - armor piercing rifle. Ingame that means that it's the powergun of the mod. A bullet will be able to pierce a small piece of rock, although the projectile will be weakened and go through worms. A juiced up sniper rifle in normal terms, I guess.

Physics. The air movement is back to almost Liero 1.0 level, which I'm not happy with yet, so hopefully I find some way to keep the original thought and keep it a bit more playable for some of you guys. I still want to argue that the idea of the physics is not that you are supposed to fly around over the entire level. The opposite of MW in a sense. Also, the rope has been altered a bit. All this in a release coming up soon! I'll just review the code tomorrow evening and see if I can get it published will all changes in the readme of course. Until then!

AnubisBlessing

Re: [Mod] Worm War II v1.0 - Released June 24!
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 09:48:44 pm »
Yup, it's release day today, and I'll gladly be playing with you guys to see what you have to say. If you don't manage to catch me, I'll gladly take any feedback via PM or MSN (anubisblessing@hotmail.com). Either way I hope you enjoy it!

Have fun!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:55:59 pm by AnubisBlessing »

Tafka

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 09:55:55 pm »
Nice mod.

Mirrored for easier(direct) and perhaps faster download, this link is also permanent and the file stays for years.

Mirror 2

unnecessary one word post(s), 14 day post moderation
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:56:23 pm by AnubisBlessing »

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 09:57:12 pm »
Thanks, I'll put it in the first post.

Edited you post by accident. Didn't change anything, though ;>

Umistand

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 10:51:20 pm »
I tested this mod and I noticed that when you shoot with Thompson, the bullets goes straight down so if you shoot straihgt up, you will shoot yourself. I use OLX beta 1 and if its becouse of that, I'll get beta 5/6 then.

EDIT: Hmm, I tested it with beta 5 now and Thompson was fine but Rocket Launcher didnt shoot that second shot. After that I tested it with beta 1 and everything seemed to be fine, Thompson worked and Rocket Launcher got 2 shots.

I gotta say that pretty damn good work. Especially with the graphics. Those Sandbags and Barbed Wires were a good idea.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 12:16:15 am by Umistand »
#19th Place in FB 2008
#10th Place in FB 2009
#LXA world record holder in most bricks
#Fair Player 2009
#Molester of the year 2009

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 11:32:17 pm »
I tested this mod and I noticed that when you shoot with Thompson, the bullets goes straight down so if you shoot straihgt up, you will shoot yourself. I use OLX beta 1 and if its becouse of that, I'll get beta 5/6 then.

I think it's worse in older OLX versions, but it's true that the bullets go at least slightly downwards.
This has to do with how I designed the damage delay. I did try to minmize the effect, but it is worse than I expected.
I'll check it out for the next version.

Thanks for mentioning it!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 12:13:20 am by AnubisBlessing »

CoЯpse

Re: [Mod] Worm War II v1.0
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 09:41:37 pm »
Damn i must say: why anyone doesn't even test my mods!??!
Pleeeeeeeeeaseee test my last mod when it comes out.
Yeshhh iz teh noobish language

Please try this:
http://files.filefront.com/Serious+Shoppin+05rar/;10950994;/fileinfo.html
It isn't my last mod but... it's kind of "funny" you know...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 10:34:42 pm by CoЯpse »

Taking break from mod-making.

Griffin

Re: [Mod] Worm War II v1.0
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 10:47:19 pm »
Damn i must say: why anyone doesn't even test my mods!??!
Because they all tend to be unbalanced or spammy.
Also it's annoying when I random and get 4 chalk weapons.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up