Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do ya think about the European Union?  (Read 3285 times)

Petee

What do ya think about the European Union?
« on: May 27, 2008, 10:12:43 am »
Since a big discussion in Austria about the sense of the European Union is running, im very interested what other people think about this.

Many people in my country say that the EU is sensless cause we pay so high taxes to the EU and so many transit goes trough Austria since joining the EU in 1995. They are not happy about the decisions which are made in brussels and what effect they have.

But they dont see the advantages such organisation like the EU brings to us. We can toll-free trade with other EU countries and since the EU is established no wars are inner Europe! This is the most peaceful timespan on this continet ever!!!

And within the EU the countries are stronger against other economy giants like China or the USA.

So if ya a citizen of a EU country, pls tell me what ya think about it. And if ya not an EU citizen you can tell your meaning too ;)

[sba] - Souls be alive

their souls will be alive after we killed them...

GoldNinja

Re: What do ya think about the European Union?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 01:19:57 pm »
Well, since we joined the EU, our currency (markka) changed to euros and everything became more expensive. We cant afford to buy as much christmas presents for example and the groceries' price is still growing atm. That's the bad thing about joining. Of course we got more security 'cus other EU countries are helping us if like we got into war etc. Oh well, EU is a good thing as long as they dun force us to join NATO. :S
Kas vain sanoi kasvain ja kasvoi vain, kuinka kasvain voi kasvaa noin vain!

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 04:14:22 pm »
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

joni

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 05:21:05 pm »
Well, I dont personally like of this EU. Mostly because its euros.
Since euros came and replaced markka prices got like hiiigh.
(6 Markkas = 1 Euro) Before you could buy like with 2 markka's an icecream from near shop, todays its 2 euros for an icecream.
And big question is when Markkas changed to euros job earnings didnt get any higher even when the prices got higher.

I would rather have markka's still in use. :)

Well about that NATO stuff, I wouldn't like of Finland joining in to it.
Since USA is in it, we will easily become as enemies to countrys that USA is in war with.

Duality

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 05:38:12 pm »
To be honest,I don't really care as long as it doesen't affect me as I notice it,tough that day will yet come.
I often hear my stepdad  "whining" bout EU tough,but thats mainly couse hes a Farmer,if I've understud right, the income and supporter for farmers got worse.But that doesen't really affect me anymore as I'm moving out.
So I don't really need to have any oppinions bout EU,yet.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 05:39:50 pm by Duality »

Petee

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 05:49:05 pm »
(6 Markkas = 1 Euro) Before you could buy like with 2 markka's an icecream from near shop, todays its 2 euros for an icecream.

but you have to say that the Euro is much more stronger than the US Dollar, so the imports to europe are much cheaper than in past.

the higher prices also increase cause resources like oil disappear slowly now. you have to calculate all effects that influence the worlds economy like the zyklon in Burma(this one destroyed many rice grow areas) . all these have effect on influence and not only the euro is to blame.

i know the higher prices very well, but people are earning more than in past so its equal to me.

and yes, the bureaucracy is bad, very bad. but whole world is build up on bureaucracy...
[sba] - Souls be alive

their souls will be alive after we killed them...

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 06:09:40 pm »
And big question is when Markkas changed to euros job earnings didnt get any higher even when the prices got higher.

I would rather have markka's still in use. :)

Well about that NATO stuff, I wouldn't like of Finland joining in to it.
Since USA is in it, we will easily become as enemies to countrys that USA is in war with.
Or I'll buy one for 30 cents.

Again, minor prizes where rounded up, the non-icecreamish part is called inflation. Which is about 2% each year(in Finland), a bit higher the last couple of years since were headed for a recession. I don't know which barrel you've been living in, you should at least noticed the nurses. But hey, sue the hairdressers for not lowering the prizes when the taxes were lowered.

This is the reason why referendums aren't very convenient.

GoldNinja

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 08:42:06 pm »

NATO and EU are two different things, thus they cannot be compared.

I know that. But right after we joined EU, NATO has been brought up too. Some politicians say that it would strenghten our relationship with USA even more if we joined NATO now that we have joined EU. So they are somehow related in here at least.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 08:44:15 pm by GoldNinja »
Kas vain sanoi kasvain ja kasvoi vain, kuinka kasvain voi kasvaa noin vain!

Benn0

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 06:03:07 pm »

NATO and EU are two different things, thus they cannot be compared.

I know that. But right after we joined EU, NATO has been brought up too. Some politicians say that it would strenghten our relationship with USA even more if we joined NATO now that we have joined EU. So they are somehow related in here at least.
CCCP fell 1991, Finland joined EU 1995, do you seriously think the NATO-topic could have been brought up earlier? remember, Unlike the European Union,  NATO is a military alliance! Ever heard of The cold war?

Your politicians are right, joining NATO will strengthen Finland's relationship with USA, which aren't Finland's most important trade partner.

Gaston

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 01:21:29 pm »
I don't like the EU. In my opinion the power is too centralized, and the biggest countries gets the most say. And while that's the case everywhere, when it comes to managing a continent, my opinion is that such a model is ineffecient, and serves to pump up unecessary beurocracy. I also think that the EU is doing too much. And seeing how it's founded on the principle of creating a counterweigth to the USA, I do not like it. Much because seeing how the history of USA has been through the years. I think somewhere down the line, something's gonna blow up in the union some way.

This may of course just be a delusion of mine, and rather a reflection of reluctance to join the unioun as I don't want to share the goods we have in Norway. At least that's what I hear from other countries in the union on what they think about the people voting no to EU two times.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

FunkyLemon

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 01:28:14 pm »
Well the traveling is easy and without any complications. That's the point of view of an average EU citizen^^
Pages: [1]   Go Up