Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas Prices!  (Read 6614 times)

Gaston

Re: Gas Prices!
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 01:52:04 pm »
I saw the Dubai video, and it's kind of fascinating. Kind of surealistic, but I think what's even more fascinating, is what happends here in Norway. We're quite a big oil nation, and we store up all oil money we earn, only using the interest we get annually, which isn't that little considering we have, I think almost 1000 billion euros in this fond, and continually growing at the highest rate in history due to the high oil prices. This is because we know that the oil business is living on loaned time, and when the thing collapses (it will), we will be prepared for the bad times when several thouasands lose their jobs because their companies can't produce oil any more, and we lose our number one export article.

Norway has progressed much like Dubai sort of, only that this process has taken almost 50 years rather than 20 years. This is because we live on all the industry the oil creates for us and how it helps us as a nation with a big commercial sea fleet.

Gas prices will rice, but the car is the least problem we have. The only thing it does, is cutting out the middle man so to speak. Most of the worlds energy production comes from non-renewable sources, or the big horror of it all; Nuclear power. Clean renewable energy sources is what our focus should be on. Unfortunatly the entire world economy is so dependant on Coal, Oil, gas etc that the moment we make a sudden switch, 50% of the worlds nations will more or less collapse. Thus the switch wil have to be made very gradually for most nations. This isn't happening though, due to the reluctance of letting oil, gas and coal go, and realizing that by using them we're only pushing the problem onto the next generations.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up