Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Skins] Dragons skins (edited)  (Read 7016 times)

Thunder

[Skins] Dragons skins (edited)
« on: May 19, 2008, 08:48:25 pm »
ok here is where i'll put the skins that i've edited

http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/12/29/10/14/dragon10.png

The Ninja Taro Light edits

and the last skin edit i've done so far

Voidknight with an Emeralds sword
save as VoidknightES

and thats my skins so far

also my Liero name IS NOT [MGD]-Dragon

its <Dragons-ES> Thunder but idk how to change my name for the forums any help?
Credit to: Savy

Savory

Re: [Skins] Dragons skins (edited)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 08:51:56 pm »
magic....and I think you should make some skins...instead of some simple edits...Savory no like edits...

Raziel

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 08:57:27 pm »

save as VoidknightES

And say what the ****? Who the hell let you touch my skin? I certainly did not. Damn fine persons, keeping editing my skins. Yet, what did you edit there? A few pixels on sword making them more gray? You dare to call it "your skin"? And you tell me how to save it?

Goddamn, if I only could put my hands on necks of these mother****ers. Little annoying kiddos would fear to touch anything that is mine.

Btw, this "FINE PERSON" censure is hell annoying.

Griffin

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 09:16:47 pm »
And say what the ****? Who the hell let you touch my skin? I certainly did not. Damn fine persons, keeping editing my skins. Yet, what did you edit there? A few pixels on sword making them more gray? You dare to call it "your skin"? And you tell me how to save it?

Goddamn, if I only could put my hands on necks of these mother****ers. Little annoying kiddos would fear to touch anything that is mine.

My very first skin was also a Taro rip off, the Yoda one which was once again edited recently by someone else.
It's a good start, to begin doing SOMETHING. No need to keep the pressure on this new guy.

Editing skins is a bit wrong way, but it's just as Teddy says - asking for permission people who aren't here anymore and don't give a damn is simply stupid and needless.

Different thing is, to make actually a good edition :)
Only half-applicable (in that I think these aren't good additions, cept the dragon who's original I'm not familiar with) but still...

Hatten

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:12:18 pm »
save as?
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

Thunder

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 06:27:56 am »

save as VoidknightES

Hey man i only edited it, im not calling it my work at all, i just love the song Emerald Sword and have done a bunch of Emerald Sword renditions, and this is updated allot more on the FeaR site allot more

I just thought the edits looked cooler, so im sorry if your offended, and i'm not calling it my own work in any retrospect, i just like it better

If you wanted to see all of the edits i've done there on the FeaR site
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 07:30:38 pm by Thunder »

Dragons Frost

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 05:50:03 pm »
So what did you say there? and your doing this again? lol
Credit to: Savory

Light

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 07:08:35 pm »
so uhhh do u need the original "skin creators" permission to edit his/her skin or what?
well...you saw it here first!

Savory

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 07:14:51 pm »
It would be nice

Ruki

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 06:52:01 pm »
so uhhh do u need the original "skin creators" permission to edit his/her skin or what?
Yes. And the creator of Ninja Taro skin is long gone from the community so you can't contact him and get his permission. In other words nobody is allowed to edit it anymore. No more Ninja Taro edits!

Griffin

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 07:06:53 pm »
Yes. And the creator of Ninja Taro skin is long gone from the community so you can't contact him and get his permission. In other words nobody is allowed to edit it anymore. No more Ninja Taro edits!
Good

MissingNo.

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 07:07:46 pm »
Indeed, and go ask Nintendo, Square Enix, etc. for their permissions as well if you plan on making any Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, etc. skin or level. :P
Though, I would be glad if nobody made any more Ninja Taro edits, I'm not a fan of them.

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 07:30:37 pm »

no man wtf dont u lizten to those noobs lol..... u can take any skin and edid it, who is there to stop u lol lmao
only noobz dont want u to edit skinz becuz they dont want new skinz in LX lol

Thunder

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 07:34:57 pm »
Im going to go ahead and take that as sarcasm Kurt.... but like i said, i just think the edits look cooler, i have more and there on  FeaRs website, but i can bring them here though but if im going to get more personal attacks then...

BTW I never would dream of calling this stuff my own work and who called Cloud Strife a fine person?? I hate you for that!

MissingNo.

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 07:41:32 pm »
Im going to go ahead and take that as sarcasm Kurt.... but like i said, i just think the edits look cooler, i have more and there on  FeaRs website, but i can bring them here though but if im going to get more personal attacks then...

BTW I never would dream of calling this stuff my own work and who called Cloud Strife a fine person?? I hate you for that!
DO IT
They can't do anything about it. It's not against any rules. Feel free to bring your skins here.

Thunder

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »
allright but i dont want to get attacked again so

To all of the skins i post here on out i really only changed the colors to make them look cooler, the original artist gets credit for making the skin

Dragon Skin edited save as DragonA

DragonWorm skin edited for the 3rd time (will try to find the others) save as DragonWormC

My First Reaperman Edit save as ReapermanA

Like i said, credit to the original artist for making the skin, i only changed the colors

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 07:56:06 pm »
i only changed the colors

ns job, u have talentz

Thunder

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 08:08:08 pm »
Ty, but not really heres some more Reaperman edits

ReapermanB second edit done

ReapermanC third edit this one is black robe and bloody scythe

A non-sexist reaperman this one made for the girls who play liero
ReapermanD

ReapermanE fifth and final edit done on that skin, Gold Robe, black scythe

Light

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 08:15:18 pm »

ReapermanD

what do u mean by non-sexist?
firstly...notice its called reaperMAN so obviously made for guys?

secondly...how is it any different from your other "highly original" edits?
well...you saw it here first!

Thunder

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 08:21:15 pm »
Hey i'm trying not to be sexist here, i've seen a few girls in liero who use the skin and wanted it better looking so, for those who do i made one like it, and like i said none of these are originals, just edits the original artist gets full credit for them all

Raziel

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 11:06:52 pm »

ReapermanD

You know... I actually start to like you. I mean it. There is over a THOUSAND skins, that have been made during the whole LX existenZe, yet you pick skins which are made by me, so then you can use your dirty fingers and edit my creations in a crappy way. I feel praised. Others don't have the honour.

I wonder how you taste like. I should try to roast some dragon's meat. First I will chop off your tail. Heard they are delicious in spicy sauce. Oriental style - mmmmmmmmmm. Then I will make sure to cut you in half and take out every damn bloody gut you have in there. Magicians are greedy about Dragon's hearts, so maybe I will earn quite much. When your poor little soul will be floating around your dying body, I will simply grab it and sell on Hellish junkyard. It's not like it's worth much, but hey - $5 is not walking around you everyday. It's great that there will be not much work with cleaning the skull. No brains inside, only annoying blank eyes. A bit of pharmacy, and voila - I will have beautiful trophy on my wall.

Thunder

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 11:13:28 pm »
What the hell man?

Im giving you freaken credit, all i'm saying is

I prefer these colors over the original, i find the original boring, i got bored with it, and wanted better colors, cooler colors

and i think these look cooler am i mistaken?

Griffin

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 11:16:20 pm »
The point is, edits are boring and require no skill to do. I can get my mum to go in to paint and create those variation of my KirbyV skin if I want. If the author of a skin wants his/her work edited they would do so themselves. What we don't need is 500 skins and 20k variations of those skins. What we need is new skins, mods, and levels that are good and creative so that this game stays interesting.

MissingNo.

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 11:18:21 pm »

ReapermanD

You know... I actually start to like you. I mean it. There is over a THOUSAND skins, that have been made during the whole LX existenZe, yet you pick skins which are made by me, so then you can use your dirty fingers and edit my creations in a crappy way. I feel praised. Others don't have the honour.

I wonder how you taste like. I should try to roast some dragon's meat. First I will chop off your tail. Heard they are delicious in spicy sauce. Oriental style - mmmmmmmmmm. Then I will make sure to cut you in half and take out every damn bloody gut you have in there. Magicians are greedy about Dragon's hearts, so maybe I will earn quite much. When your poor little soul will be floating around your dying body, I will simply grab it and sell on Hellish junkyard. It's not like it's worth much, but hey - $5 is not walking around you everyday. It's great that there will be not much work with cleaning the skull. No brains inside, only annoying blank eyes. A bit of pharmacy, and voila - I will have beautiful trophy on my wall.

Yeah, anyway. Feel free to edit any skin you wish, whether they happen to be Raz's or not. Try to create a skin of your own though, just a bunch of edits can get old. :P

Raziel

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 11:22:40 pm »
What the hell man?

I prefer these colors over the original, i find the original boring, i got bored with it, and wanted better colors, cooler colors

Stupid question. If YOU think they are cooler, how can you be mistaken? I guess you know the best what you are thinking. It's your own opinion though.
The thing is, you didn't bother to ask the creators, if they allow you to edit anything. You are hell annoying, dude.
I wouldn't even butt in if you previously asked me about permission. Perhaps I would have so good mood that I would agree, but I doubt so. So the point is clear - you break plenty of unwritten as also those written rules of proper behavior. When I was scolded about editing an existing skin, I got very well what it means and never edited anything anymore, but I always was doing things from scratches since then. Takes time, but brings way more fun to see people using your own skin or even asking you for permission to edit it.

Btw, it's nothing wrong with me. It's you who are wrong.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 11:26:09 pm by Raziel »

MissingNo.

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 11:27:43 pm »
What the hell man?

Stupid question. If YOU think they are cooler, how can you be mistaken? I guess you know the best what you are thinking. It's your own opinion though.
The thing is, you didn't bother to ask the creators, if they allow you to edit anything. You are hell annoying, dude.
I wouldn't even butt in if you previously asked me about permission. Perhaps I would have so good mood that I would agree, but I doubt so. So the point is clear - you break plenty of unwritten as also those written rules of proper behavior. When I was scolded about editing an existing skin, I got very well what it means and never edited anything anymore, but I always was doing things from scratches since then. Takes time, but brings way ore fun to see people using your own skin or even asking you for permission to edit.

Btw, it's nothing wrong with me. It's you who are wrong.
You're both wrong and need to quit arguing over small stuff like this. Wow, he edited a couple of your skins, whoop-de-doo. We know you created them. We, as the people who play LX, determine whose is "better."
Though on the other hand, he does need to buckle down and start making his own skins. As Griffin said, we don't need 200+ edits of only a handful of skins.

A question though, all I ask for is a straight answer, no bullcrap attached to it. What is going to happen to him if he keeps editing your skins besides maybe a drop in respect?

Thunder

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 11:34:16 pm »
Well i do have a couple of original skins that are also kinda edits on the Dragon Skin

DragonFire

DragonFire A

and the other 2 DragonWorm edits

DragonWormA first edit

DragonWormB second edit

Raziel

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 11:34:54 pm »
You have become the synonym for the word "annoyance".

I will not call the court and cause the troubles, cuz in fact it is silly thing and not wortht he effort. However, yous tick to your moronic assumptions, that OpenSource allows everything because bla bla bla. Yeah right, if OpenSource would let people take everything away of the authors and do all the moronic things, why would they have any license at all? But, never mind this all, you are just annoying brat who feels like he wears smarty panty, since he can scream "ALL FILES ARE UNDER GNU LICENSE!!! PEOPLE YOU CAN EDIT IT AND DO WUTEVAH YOU WANT!!!" which is wrong. You are simply annoying.

Other than that, I will not just sit down and allow people to make crap from thigns I liked and decided to share with people in friendly terms. If people don't respect my work and destroy it, I will disrespect them as well and do my best to make feel like a piece of worthless shit. Nothing else to add here from me.

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO THUNDER!!! More edits plx!

Griffin

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 11:35:38 pm »
Original can not be in the same sentence as edit without being negated first.

MissingNo.

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 11:38:55 pm »
You have become the synonym for the word "annoyance".

I will not call the court and cause the troubles, cuz in fact it is silly thing and not wortht he effort. However, yous tick to your moronic assumptions, that OpenSource allows everything because bla bla bla. Yeah right, if OpenSource would let people take everything away of the authors and do all the moronic things, why would they have any license at all? But, never mind this all, you are just annoying brat who feels like he wears smarty panty, since he can scream "ALL FILES ARE UNDER GNU LICENSE!!! PEOPLE YOU CAN EDIT IT AND DO WUTEVAH YOU WANT!!!" which is wrong. You are simply annoying.

Other than that, I will not just sit down and allow people to make crap from thigns I liked and decided to share with people in friendly terms. If people don't respect my work and destroy it, I will disrespect them as well and do my best to make feel like a piece of worthless shit. Nothing else to add here from me.

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO THUNDER!!! More edits plx!
Right-o. I actually can edit whatever I want in this particular opensource project, but whatever. I must be wrong because you said so. So sorry that I tried to knock you off of your throne Master Raz. I hope I die a horrible death while you're there laughing at me.
Btw though, that last bit doesn't work on people who don't care or just ignore you.

Griffin

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 11:41:47 pm »
I think you'll find Vidar, that most of the skins are not freely editable because the author would have to explicitly allow that. Just because they've been added into an open source project doesn't mean that they are free for everyone to edit. But heck that won't stop anyone.

MissingNo.

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 11:42:54 pm »
I think you'll find Vidar, that most of the skins are not freely editable because the author would have to explicitly allow that. Just because they've been added into an open source project doesn't mean that they are free for everyone to edit. But heck that won't stop anyone.
That's one of the points I was trying to make. :P

Thunder

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 11:45:37 pm »
First of all im saying this

STOP ****ING YELLING AT ME!!

I'm saying "Yes its YOUR work, i simply like these better"

I am trying to make everyone happy here and Raziel from my point of view your acting like a spoiled brat who didnt get his way Its your work, i just like these better i think that they are not bland and boring

I mean dark blue robe and white scythe is boring to me, i wanted originalty, SO i changed up the colors, and in my personal oppion i think they look better

Second:
Griffin

They're original edits, not just color changes, but actually adding in somethings such as the fire, and for DragonFireA the movement of the wings

Griffin

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 11:47:50 pm »
No seriously, original can't be used with edit: " not derived or copied or translated from something else; "the play is original; not an adaptation"; "he kept the original copy and gave her only a xerox"; "the translation misses much of the subtlety of the original French" "
Edits are derived from the original, oh and colour changes take 3 mouse clicks, and are hardly worth posting, but that's up to you, I know you added in fire, but heck make a whole flipping skin next time and I'll be happy.

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 11:54:06 pm »

I am trying to make everyone happy here and Raziel from my point of view your acting like a spoiled brat who didnt get his way Its your work, i just like these better i think that they are not bland and boring

I mean dark blue robe and white scythe is boring to me, i wanted originalty, SO i changed up the colors, and in my personal oppion i think they look better

Second:
Griffin

They're original edits, not just color changes, but actually adding in somethings such as the fire, and for DragonFireA the movement of the wings
Yes, you couldn't be more right, edit your skins for the rest of your miserable life.

What you shouldn't have done is publishing them without the authors permission. Editing yes, publishing no clear enough? You can cover your own needs without anyone knowing, or is this the attention you wanted? no praising? no girls begging to marry you?

You know, I'm usually picking the weaker side (your side in this case) as most people are worth defending from the leet crowd multimodders. But a kid without a personality trying to force an illusion of arrogance on me? Disgusting!

Could you just drop dead, please?
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Raziel

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 11:57:41 pm »
Baaaaaaaaaaah, if I were a hot girl it would work nicer, but...

Benn0, will you marry me?

Thunder

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 12:08:20 am »

Second:
Griffin

Yes, you couldn't be more right, edit your skins for the rest of your miserable life.

What you shouldn't have done is publishing them without the authors permission. Editing yes, publishing no clear enough? You can cover your own needs without anyone knowing, or is this the attention you wanted? no praising? no girls begging to marry you?

You know, I'm usually picking the weaker side (your side in this case) as most people are worth defending from the leet crowd multimodders. But a kid without a personality trying to force an illusion of arrogance on me? Disgusting!

Could you just drop dead, please?

I have tryed my best to keep calm, and not freak out, but

WHY IN THE 9 HELLS OF BAATOR AM I THE ****ING TARGET OF ****ING ASSALT HERE!!??

Why, what in ****s name have i  done

All i am saying is this

Yes you are the original artist, and yes i realize i ****ed up and didnt get ur permission, but BIG ****ING DEAL ITS A ****ING SKIN FOR A ****ING GAME

I just like these one better and thought other people would too, now can you all just piss off

Griffin

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 12:13:43 am »
Things you've done (in my opinion):
Come on here and say how you want to beat Pure.
Come on here and say you want training.
Come on here and have a silly clan about dragons.
Come on here and talk about a theme tune.
Come on here with a sub-clan.
Come on here and post (badly) edited skins.
Come on here and swear.
Come on here and say something about dying in a ditch, and MGD.
I'm sure there's more but these came to mind.

Sebbe

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 12:24:40 am »
Well, first of all, it is rude to not ask about permission.
But now we'll go deeper. Let's begin with the ''author'' of these edits. I don't really know when he arrived here, but it was sometime in May or something. He came as a newbie to us, and still acts like one. Newbies got much to learn, but this one won't learn anything. Why? Why is the question. The most of the things is that he don't want to learn, and just cares about himself, or he's getting oo bad replutation from the users, because he's acting like a newbie. Then this guy tries to make something with his replutation, and start doing skin edits. A skinmaker's beginning is often with editing skin, but in this case, this is just annoying. Now something for Thunder:
If you can't do anything well, how much you ever try, you should just quit with it.

Thunder, your edits are not intressing, and all of them looks like shit. You don't have the skinmaking talent, that's it! By arguing with the clever and most famous people around these forums are not a good move. Haven't you realized your trying to get ''popular'' fails? When you know your works fails, just give up, and don't put it up in here, and make sure to always ask for permission. I can understand why Raziel is pissed, even if this haven't occured me. He tried to tell you once your edits failed and the originals was his, but you instead ignored him and kept making edits of his skins. Accident? Did you know before that the originals were made by Raziel? Perhaps next time, if you will learn, ask for permission, and remember. A no is a no, and a no goes before a yes. I do feel sorry for Raziel, who has told you so many times to stop fooling around.

Btw, I was reading about some arguement about NinjaTaro skin here before. Once I checked out some NES emulator for my XBOX, and guess what? I found a weird Japanese game (I don't remember the name), featuring a Red NinjaTaro as the hero, and Black Ninjataros with red eyes (AKA. NinjaTaroB, if I'm correct). This made some thoughts, who actually made the NinjaTaro so exactly like the Ninjas from that game? Accident..?

Thunder

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 12:32:53 am »
fine then, to hell with this topic, if all you guys can do is insult me about what shit the skins are then fine, go to hell

Lock this or delete it i dont care, just make it stop

I got this kind of treatment every day at school, and with summer i was thinking "Thank god 2 months without feeling like shit, 2 months of not being insulted on a daily basis"  guess i was wrong about you guys

Destroy this and do it soon PLEASE

Savory

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 12:40:26 am »
They just want you to actually take some time, and try to learn how to make your own skins.  It's not overly hard, just takes practice

Ruki

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2008, 12:44:04 am »
I was about to lock it up anyway...

Several articles and tips about skin creating:
http://lxalliance.net/wiki/index.php/Skin
http://lxalliance.net/smf/index.php/topic,423.0.html
http://iworx5.webxtra.net/~lxallian/LXRS/index.php?page=skin_making_guide

Also 3 of the important rules and advices in my skin contest which I think are crucial when making a skin:
- Skin must be created from scratch (no edits are allowed, even with permission),
- Skin must have aiming animation,
- Skin must be color change friendly

It is pretty pointless to change the color in part of the skin and publish it as a new skin (even if you credit the original artist and everything). Someone might like it but most of the players will not save it or use it as there are too many useless skins already. Not to mention the disrespect you are showing to the original creator. If you have too much of free time so you are bored and you are editing skins, start a skin from scratch. Edits are generally unwanted and I think it is safe to say also unneeded.

If you can't do anything well, how much you ever try, you should just quit with it. try harder, take a break, ask for help and second opinion, try again.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:45:43 am by Ruki »
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

anything