Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Data August 23, 2019, 07:24:03 am
2012 (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 pm
[wc] Legacy of the Toilet Warriors Tribute video (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:24:01 pm
Holidays/Me leaving/me coming back Threads (The World Outside) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:14:20 pm
Backup server NL
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 80.186.170.22
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [SKIN] Rafman's ride  (Read 9386 times)

Odin

[SKIN] Rafman's ride
« on: May 14, 2008, 12:02:38 pm »
Greetings,

For a long time, I've tried making my own skin. I read QuafaS' guide a couple of times, tried gaining some skills in drawing with photoshop and GIMP, even started working with the good old paint. I could have started topics like "My first skin", but I rather kept your fingers out of the electricity socket.

Scrolling through the downloads-topic I saw some of you having a lot of experience with skinmaking. So I thought: Rafman, face it, one more drawing could be the cause of a new tsunami, and that's not really appreciated by most people. Maybe I should just ask one of these skilled skinmakers?

Sooo, I'm looking for someone that could make me the skin I've always wanted. Not that I'm tired of my good old Mafiaworm, oh no, but this skin would be even cooler, well, atleast that's what I think.

What I had in mind:
- Skin: The accessibility symbol (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/77/International_Symbol_of_Access.svg/429px-International_Symbol_of_Access.svg.png carrying a rifle/gun.

- Movement: pushing his wheels further with one hand (rifle in the other) when he wants to go forward. This was the feature I had most trouble with, during my several attempts.

- Aiming: His rifle could give the direction. For upwards aiming I had in mind to let him lean a bit backwards, so that his rifle wouldn't disappear behind his body. Perhaps there are other solutions though.

I'd really want to do it myself, but unfortunately I appear to be lacking every drawing skill needed to do it.

If anyone of you would be up for giving it a try, my gratitude towards you would be sky-high!

Griffin's Version (Save as Rafman'sRide.png):

Syphon's Versions:

Krystal's Version (Save as R's Ride.png):
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 12:06:19 pm by Odin »

miri

Re: Rafman's ride
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:05:30 pm »
I can try, but it will most likely fail.
[Cop] miri

Quaqa

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:30:35 pm »
oh shit I want that skin, when it comes =)
I was even thinking of posting a request  some time ago  :D

so if it turns out to be good (good looking ingame) I would use it ^^

Sebbe

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 08:42:39 pm »
I can try to make it. I have a feeling that Syphon will fail, as he is not experienced enought.

oSq

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 09:03:44 pm »
That skin idea is just great! I'd really like to try to do a skin like your idea is when I just have time. I already know how I will do it. : )

If someone thinks who am I to talk about skins, I do have some experience of making those. I've made 5 skins which all have been quite much in use. Particurarly Una-skin.

Anyway great idea, Raf!

[WvW]

Odin

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 09:13:04 pm »
oh shit I want that skin, when it comes =)
Exactly!

I can try, but it will most likely fail.
I can try to make it. I have a feeling that Syphon will fail, as he is not experienced enought.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.  :-* I don't know who's more experienced, I really don't care, but I looked up some of your previous work and you both seem to be quite handy with drawing programs. With both your support, this skin has the potential to become a great one!
Who of you should do it? No idea and I don't like to choose between the both of you. I wouldn't like it to lead to a competition between the both of you either. I'd say, give it both a try and show me the results. The more versions, the merrier, right?  Can't be worse than the version I made of it anyway.  ;)

Should you get stuck on working out the movement, then you can just leave it behind. It's not necessary at all. I just thought it would give the skin a better look while playing with it. Other types of movement are ofcourse also possible, like his feet going up and down or something like that.
Originality makes it even more fun.

Edit:
Just wanted to post, but oSq was faster. :) Would be great if you, with indeed plenty of experience, gave it a try too mate.

Muchos gracias amigos!

Griffin

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 10:40:16 pm »
Got an early test for you Raffie (and everyone else), without colour changing and much pixel-level editing, tell me what needs to be done :)

Edit: Please go easy on me this is my first skin. Just joking - be HARSH, it's for my own good!

Edit2: Completed colour changing so this is obsolete.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 12:14:53 am by Griffin »

Odin

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 11:22:13 pm »
Oh my god Griff!  :o

How many weetabix(es?) did you have to eat to develop that telepathy! Exactly the way I imagined it!

- Leaning backwards: Superb
- Movement: Extraordinary
- Aiming: Yeehaa Cowboy!
- How the skin feels to play with: Absolutely awesome, really.
- Coolness: May not be as cute as other skins, but sorry guys, in coolness this one definitely outranks every other skin  ;D The only one I see coming a bit close is Turms' bartinator.

Maybe a few suggestions for further improvement:
- Adjustable colors perhaps? Although the white one's definitely mine!  ;D
- While aiming straight forward, the gun turns all white. Perhaps only on my screen, I don't know.
- While aiming downwards, the gun disappears behind his leg. Perhaps it would be better if it would stay in front of him.

An awesome job you did here! I wonder how the other guys, who also want to give it a try, can do a better job than you just did! If they still want, that is! I wouldn't have the courage after seeing such perfection! :o

Thanks for the great work Griff!

Griffin

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 12:13:08 am »
Done! Well until a bug or whatnot is discovered.
Sorry about the ugliness of the black against white.

Edit: Fixed the nasty black crap too
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:40:24 pm by Griffin »

Flaw

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 12:43:27 am »
Nice one, Griff.
A bit surprised there wasn't a skin like this before.
"I'm a ****ing starship. I'm allowed to cheat." -  The Arbitary

ExiT

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 01:17:14 am »
Griff this skin is awesome  :D. Gj, especially for ur first skin.
Hallo

Slice

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 05:04:50 pm »
Nice one, I tried to find the bug but no can do :P

miri

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 05:10:49 pm »
Here they are, 2 different versions:
A: Hand pushes the wheel and makes it move.

B: It moves by itself.

Don't rename!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:35:11 pm by Syphon »
[Cop] miri

Griffin

[SKIN] Rafman's ride
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 06:41:05 pm »
Removed the ugly blackness from the outside of the skin. :)
Syph's is nicer imo. (But I'm still gonna use mine ;D)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:18:23 pm by Griffin »

Slice

Re: [SKIN] Rafman's ride
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 07:30:32 pm »
Their both good, and I won't say which is better :P

Cloud

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 07:40:14 pm »

I guess you were proven wrong.

Goodjob Syphon and Griffon, very nice skins!

WeeD

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 07:54:43 pm »
yeah I love that and im using that :P (Syphon version) :P But griff version is cool too

[aR] - Adrenaline Rush         WeeD!       "Slice           Freak.

miri

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 07:59:23 pm »
Thanks :D It didn't take so long to make it as I expected. Made in Paint ;)
edit: Is it just me or does my version A look like spanking himself in-game?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:07:09 pm by Syphon »
[Cop] miri

Odin

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 09:20:37 pm »
Woah!

That's a beauty, Syph! Don't have much time to write a lot, but ofcourse the following things also go for your skin!

- Leaning backwards: Superb
- Movement: Extraordinary
- Aiming: Yeehaa Cowboy!
- How the skin feels to play with: Absolutely awesome, really.
- Coolness: May not be as cute as other skins, but sorry guys, in coolness this one definitely outranks every other skin  ;D The only one I see coming a bit close is Turms' bartinator.

Just lovely, Syph, thanks man!

Darn, which skin shall I use now?  They both have their pro's and contra's. Ow wait... Where did the contra's go?
Mm, hard. I know. I'll let my mood choose for me every time!

Sebbe

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 11:02:14 pm »
I'm soon done with my version, but that perhaps doesn't make any sense(?)
But still, if you're still intressed of 37 diffrent versions of the same subject, I could try to finish it this weekend.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

anything