Total servers: 4
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Rakkula September 18, 2019, 06:18:07 pm
Backup server NL
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 83.26.202.143
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
baSE ReALiTy
Liero v2.0 – 100lt
IP: 80.186.168.74
Max Kills: 15
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Max Kills: 12
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rank Image Design Contest  (Read 7326 times)

QuafaS

Rank Image Design Contest
« on: April 10, 2006, 10:54:40 pm »
After being in the forums for some months, I came to think that the forums should have something unique in it's design. So I came up with the idea to have a Design contest to replace the old rank stars (and moderator/admin squares or whatever) with something more stylish and original.

Here you can see the current rank marks/stars:

Admin
Global Moderator

Rules and guidelines

- You must/have to make only one image for every rank (4: Admin, Moderator and Regular member), since the images are simply repeated in the system (for example if someone has 3 stars, it's repeated three times).
- Remember to use your imagination, those doesn't have to be stars or such, but maybe something that would for example refer to the game, since the forum is about a specific project (LieroXtreme).
- Make the images in .gif format.
- Max size for the images are 20x25 (height*wide)

Since the images are rather small, I hope many as possible will take part of this since it shouldn't take long to make total of three images. You can also make more than one set.
Please send your images to me via PersonalMessage.

Deadline for this contest will be two weeks, so 24th April I will make a poll with all the images, and everyone can vote for their favourite set, (voting time will last for 1 week).

The winner will get 500 credits!

No more entries are taken, vote for the nominees here!:

http://lxalliance.net/smf/index.php?topic=1165.0
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 09:34:29 am by QuafaS »
~ Q

We're the biggest,
The Best!
Better than the rest!

Spectro

Re: Rank Image Design Contest
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 12:43:33 am »
Since I haven't gotten involved lately at a graphics standpoint, I figured I'd wip somthing together today.

So here's my first entry. I'm not real happy with how soft-colored they turned out, so maybe I'll recolor them if I get enough of the same feedback.

< Regular Member
< Moderator
< Administrator

RuNyoufool

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 01:09:24 am »
Since I haven't gotten involved lately at a graphics standpoint, I figured I'd wip somthing together today.

So here's my first entry. I'm not real happy with how soft-colored they turned out, so maybe I'll recolor them if I get enough of the same feedback.

< Regular Member
< Moderator
< Administrator

they could have a bit more contrast indeed, and maybe more differentiation between the moderator and regular member?
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Quake

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 01:13:30 am »
True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness.
- Albert Einstein

Spectro

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 01:15:41 am »
they could have a bit more contrast indeed, and maybe more differentiation between the moderator and regular member?

Inderdaat :)

How about colors? I think I'm going to change the blue to yellow instead.

Quake

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 01:23:13 am »
I liked the LieroX skin idea. Although I found an extremely cool one over the net.
I know it's a design contest but I think this just rocks.

[ScreenShot]
True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness.
- Albert Einstein

Spectro

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 01:55:18 am »
I liked the LieroX skin idea. Although I found an extremely cool one over the net.
I know it's a design contest but I think this just rocks.

[ScreenShot]

I like the originality, but it doesn't quite fit with the whole worm/gun/blood theme liero tends to have. If they were guns it could possibly work, but swords just don't seem to have enough to do with liero.

Whew... it's alotta work to reshade these everytime. I made a few more colors to choose from:

>--Faisal-->

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 02:21:49 am »
I like the originality, but it doesn't quite fit with the whole worm/gun/blood theme liero tends to have. If they were guns it could possibly work, but swords just don't seem to have enough to do with liero.

Whew... it's alotta work to reshade these everytime. I made a few more colors to choose from:

I like yours spec,but may i suggest

matalic gold colour for: Admins
Matalic blue colour for: Gloubel mod
matalic red  colour for: Moderators
Matalic, other colours for: the levles of posts.

This also leads to can you make a matalic 3D charecers?

Spectro

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 03:16:38 am »
I like yours spec,but may i suggest

matalic gold colour for: Admins
Matalic blue colour for: Gloubel mod
matalic red  colour for: Moderators
Matalic, other colours for: the levles of posts.

This also leads to can you make a matalic 3D charecers?

Matalic appearances are extremely hard to produce at this size. It'll likely look like crap if I do that.

As far as '3D' goes, the shading is supposed to produce the dimensional effect. Without the shading I applied, you would find these to look much flatter, and less '3D' as you say.

There's also nothing stopping you from giving it a wing yourself. I'd be glad to see what you mean by 3D.

Cloud

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 03:24:10 am »
The only thing, I have against this competition is if you did not ask the admin's permission, I presume you did, but since they did not say anything about it, I would not be sure.

RuNyoufool

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 10:26:33 am »
He did, it's totally authorized.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Valk

• Valkonian King
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +1/-0
  • 330 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Valk
  • The Harlequin shall come, come for revenge.
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 12:08:37 pm »
He did, it's totally authorized.

ahh he had you there cloud ;). And ok as i havent really entered in any compotition here yet im willing to give it a try ;) i'll post some here later tonight maybe.
-=GOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM=-

QuafaS

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 02:08:06 pm »
Inderdaat
Interdaad? ;o

The only thing, I have against this competition is if you did not ask the admin's permission, I presume you did, but since they did not say anything about it, I would not be sure.
Hmm, weird you even think about that. Of course I ask for admin's permission and thoughts about things that concern the forums.

Magus, your suggestion looks nice but it is too large, and Spectro's comment about sums my opinions up. Those looks cool though. :)

Anyway, this contest seems to have started well and there are people interested about this. As I said, you should've posted the entries in PM, but I guess you can show your work here too (if not 100% finished yet) for example if you want comments about it before posting.

But remember to sent the finished works to me via PrivateMessage!!

INFO CONCIDERING THE CONTEST.
I forgot to add the both moderator stars to the first post, so now there has to be total of 4 different images (Admin, Global Moderator, Moderator and regular member)!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 02:22:53 pm by QuafaS »
~ Q

We're the biggest,
The Best!
Better than the rest!

Duality

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 02:38:32 pm »
hey whats size are they recomended to be??
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 02:48:53 pm by LOST »

Dflies

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 03:51:30 pm »
Maybe 25x25 max?

Spectro

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 09:29:32 pm »
25x25 might be a bit large for this type of thing. I'd suggest keeping them smaller than 20 in most cases. Mine ended up a little larger (1pxl), but that's how all my work turns out anyhow ::)

QuafaS

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 09:35:04 pm »
Umm, a good question.
I think that 25x25 is too large, but I think 20x25 could be the max (25 height, 20 wide). Because it can be higher than 20 pixels (IMO).
So, 20x25 could be set as the max size, I'll add this to the first post too :)

If there would be five images of 20x25, it would take the space shown in the picture below as black:

Which I think is quite good, or what does everyone think?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:41:48 pm by QuafaS »
~ Q

We're the biggest,
The Best!
Better than the rest!

Quake

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 10:09:23 pm »
Looks suitable. Good choice.
I dont like how on the Blue/Dark Skin all pictures are outlines in blue. It defeats the purpose of a see-through background.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 05:48:48 pm by Magus »
- Albert Einstein

Papaja

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 08:28:58 pm »
Hi I have some new images. Their's size is 25x20. I you wouldn't like the colors, send a message.
-Administator
-Global Moderator

Spectro

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 01:42:07 am »
Updated and finilized without anti-alias. That's what made them look so funky on the dark background. ::)

This'll be my final product:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up