Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Rubbish  (Read 33762 times)

GriM

Re: My art / rubbish xD
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 04:57:01 pm »
Haha my bad
But overall GO YOU :D

miri

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 05:06:27 pm »
Did you just ask Raziel for critism? Oh no!
[Cop] miri

Raziel

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 05:44:36 pm »
In general, your drawings are pretty bad. At this age you should already know what is the perspective, colour and shadow. You make mistakes in every drawing, with the most basic elements.

This one is not that bad, but it's only a stickman after all. You put it on a background which has almost same color as its skin, which is bad choice. Even if you try to show how cool this ninja is at hiding, from the aesthetic view it was bad idea. You put some glow beneath his cheeks, which has no rights to exist. Eyes don't keep proportions and are badly shaped. Swords look too pixelized. Kunai is actually great, nice shadowing. No idea what toothpaste he used, but the shining glow is a bit too much.

This one is a BAD QUALITY PICTURE. When you post something and you expect people to rate it, comment, give a critique, put some effort and take a good picture of the image before you put it online. Ruki said most of the things here. It simply looks like elephant would just jumped on it, so it got flat. Can't tell much more about that pic, since it's all blured due to quality issue.  But it certainly lacks some logic, no idea how you open the second door.

This one is ANOTHER bad quality picture.
When you call your own artwork, try to NOT make any mistakes.
"Doggie with winds. I know that the position aint very realistic."
You probably had on mind Doggie with wings.

Again, it's bad quality and I cannot see any details, everything is blured. Shape is not so bad, wings look quite nice, but there is no shading at all. Legs which are further, should be slightly smaller than these which we see as first - matter of perspective.

This one could be cute, if AGAIN the picture wouldn't be so small and so blured. It's far away of realistic drawings, but would do as for comic character. Back legs look like broken, but tail is pretty pretty, almost like a muffler of some old lady.

This one would be pretty nice, if only you would crop it in nice way. You cut some of the image. Simple shape of a shark. The important missing thing is again, shadowing. Additional mistake, is, the way you "colour" it. We can clearly tell how you put lines on this drawings. It's a bad msitake, which most people do. You should always color in a way, that people will never see lines. There are a few techniques to do that, nothing hard but it requires patience and time, also some precission.

This one is totally random. You just messed with the image and you arent sure yourself what it is supposed to be. Neither I am.

It's hard to tell anything about this one. From aesthetic point of view it's bad. Each of the 3 things in your banner simply do not fit each other. Bunny could look funny if I was on drugs, but he doesnt fit white background, or this pink smoke, or this red sentence. Red letters look bad on pink smoke, it's hard to read them. And what the heck with that smoke? What is it supposed to be? But kk, I dun wanna mess with ya, y0.

Good thing about Kakashi is the fact, that it actually looks as Kakashi. Only, there are white pixels around his body. Hair shadowing doesnt look so bad, neither the mask. Green clothing also is not that bad, if we look through the view of this weird unrealsitic style of drawing. But now, tell me why did you spoil it with ugly space background, which doesn't fit the image at all. And what is this ZZZ doing there. Yes, we all know that Kakashi loves to sleep, but it's enough to draw him while he is alseep. ZZZ doesnt look funny or nice at all. Instead of that, you should have centered the crop on the guy and get rid of this annoying background, replacing it with something sutiing the style of drawing.

Errr.. another newbiepiece. This one is all wrong. You CAN'T use a real image of a fire and put on it 2D ugly drawing of a fox. White pixels everywhere around the fox, lines are all wrong, looks liek your hand was shaking badly. Shadows arent all correct really. IF you would minimalize that fox, maybe it wouldnt look this bad. But when you dare to make something big, it requires to work on all the details. You didnt do that. Obviously, words near the top look terribly. Wrong color, which makes it hard to read. No artistic touch, plain simple text with one color. Ugly.

Oh well, this one is... uuuuuuuum. It just looks bad. Font is blured too much, and the text is not too intelligent either. Blood doesnt look like blood. Oh yes, I like the background. Plain black rocks!

That's it. I don't intend to discourage you, as you or others might think. But it's all wrong to believe people who say only positive things. Your drawings can't be nice if we can't see any details. Even if you put effort in your drawings, you took bad pictures and it spoiled everything. Silly mistake. Learn a bit about colouring, perspective and shadowing.
You are bad at using programs for graphics at this very moment. I would suggest you to make something that will please your heart to the full content, and then show it in public. I kinda don't believe that you are all proud about your fox drawings or wallpapers. And this what you are doing right now requires a lot of time of learning, what all the software can do, how to use tools and how to manage all the additional options. Merging images, pasting text and using paint tool is way NOT enough for you to be creative.

Anyway, you have plenty of time ahead to learn, so good luck.

GoldNinja

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 07:34:06 pm »
Did you just ask Raziel for critism? Oh no!

I did indeed, but he said exactly the things I wanted. ^^ So no regrets :P

This one You put it on a background which has almost same color as its skin, which is bad choice. You put some glow beneath his cheeks, which has no rights to exist.  No idea what toothpaste he used, but the shining glow is a bit too much.

I know that the backround was a rly bad choice, since I almost cannot seperate the ninja from it. I just have been too lazy to modify it. And that glow-thing I couldnt help. The programme put it automatically there and once again, I was too lazy to repair it. And the toothpaste is called Pepsodent :P

This one is a BAD QUALITY PICTURE. It simply looks like elephant would just jumped on it, so it got flat.

I dont have a proper camera and we dont have a skanner, but you are right, the quality is really bad. Now when I look at that pic, I can see how false the perspective is :S I suppose I didnt have the ability to see if this is realistic at all or not. It looked fine to me when I drew it. But yes, now even I think this is just a bad picture.

This one is ANOTHER bad quality picture.
When you call your own artwork, try to NOT make any mistakes.
"Doggie with winds. I know that the position aint very realistic."
You probably had on mind Doggie with wings.

there is no shading at all.
Ah, typing has never been my forte ^^ I took care of that already. And the reason why I didnt do any shading is because I dont know how. I lack that ability completely. I still dont know how to shade my drawings ^^

This one would be pretty nice, if only you would crop it in nice way. The important missing thing is again, shadowing.
If I  hadnt cropped it, it would have been too big. I didnt crop anything major from it? My every drawing lack the shading because I fear that I might completely ruin them if I try to shade them. That's why I dont even try and my drawings are always on the simpliest form they can be.

This one is totally random. You just messed with the image and you arent sure yourself what it is supposed to be. Neither I am.
I just happened to like these colors :D

It's hard to tell anything about this one. he doesnt fit white background. And what the heck with that smoke? What is it supposed to be?
I have always liked the combination of pink and white :O And I couldnt figure out the point of the smoke either. I just thought it fitted in xS Appearently it didnt.

Good thing about Kakashi is the fact, that it actually looks as Kakashi. Only, there are white pixels around his body. Green clothing also is not that bad, if we look through the view of this weird unrealsitic style of drawing. But now, tell me why did you spoil it with ugly space background, which doesn't fit the image at all. And what is this ZZZ doing there. Yes, we all know that Kakashi loves to sleep, but it's enough to draw him while he is alseep. ZZZ doesnt look funny or nice at all. Instead of that, you should have centered the crop on the guy and get rid of this annoying background, replacing it with something sutiing the style of drawing.
I just noticed a funny thing.. You like exactly the opposite things that I like :O I thought that this doesnt look like Kakashi at all -.- The pixels are the result of my laziness once again. My hand isnt stable and eraser took a bit more than it should have. But I didnt care x( Bad mistake, I know. Those white things bother me too. And I drew his clothes with my free hand and once again my hand wasnt stable. I were too lazy to use the line-tools and such. And I just kinda took the first pic I thought that might fit as a backround xD I rly dont have an eye for these things appearently :O And the only reason why I put the ZZZ in there was because otherwise it would have looked to me that Kakashi were dead. So I kinda put it there to explain what he was doing, though originally I didnt even meant for him to be asleep.

This one is all wrong. You CAN'T use a real image of a fire and put on it 2D ugly drawing of a fox. White pixels everywhere around the fox, lines are all wrong, looks liek your hand was shaking badly. Shadows arent all correct really. Obviously, words near the top look terribly. Wrong color, which makes it hard to read. No artistic touch, plain simple text with one color.
Dang it, I thought it fitted in xS At first I thought that it might be a bad idea to put something realistic with my simple 2D fox, but once I tried it, I thought that it was okay. The white things are same than with Kakashi's. My free hand aint stable (once again) and the eraser took more than supposed to. And I made the whole fox with my free hand so I didnt put effort in it. When I started this, I didnt even know what to draw, and I didnt think I should put any effort in it. The only mistake I can notice with the shadows is that the black edge on his eyes, shouldnt have been lighter. But that's all I see :S And -as me being stupid and all- didnt know how to change the color of the font so I let it be.

Oh well, this one is... uuuuuuuum. It just looks bad. Blood doesnt look like blood.
Well, the red thing isnt blood so it aint even supposed to look like blood :P Dont ask me what they are 'cus I dunno xP That's why I didnt really like this, 'cus this had no purpose nor any meaning.

But it's all wrong to believe people who say only positive things. Your drawings can't be nice if we can't see any details. Even if you put effort in your drawings, you took bad pictures and it spoiled everything. Silly mistake. Learn a bit about colouring, perspective and shadowing.
I hate when ppl say that "yea it's nice, or good work". That's why I asked for some critisism on the first place. And from now on, I'll try to put more effort and add some details too ^^ But the only thing you cant blame me is my camera :O I cant help it if the camera doesnt have enough megapixels :S

Wow.. Now when I look my pictures after this, I can see that I rly have no sense atm xD I will concertrate more from this day forward. But it's not like I can change radically after what you said, I usually take long to develope my so called skills.
Anyways, I appreciate that you were honest ^^
And my gosh how long it took for me to organize all these quotes xS
Kas vain sanoi kasvain ja kasvoi vain, kuinka kasvain voi kasvaa noin vain!

Desmond

• 5 4 5 8 7 7 5 5 4 3 7 7 6 1 1 3 <-- the first music title! (aint it gay and lovely Haze)
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +80/-16
  • 3488 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Desmond
  • Beautiful madness.
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 08:25:55 pm »

Your camera must really suck if every picture comes up blurred like that at close distance. There are several good techniques that could allow you to take great quality pictures of your works. Photography is simply another form of art, it takes time too  ;)

GoldNinja

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 08:54:27 pm »
Your camera must really suck if every picture comes up blurred like that at close distance. There are several good techniques that could allow you to take great quality pictures of your works. Photography is simply another form of art, it takes time too  ;)

Okay, okay, I admit that I might not be the best at photographing either xD But that camera really sucks :S Even my phone has more megapixel that it has -.-

joni

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 09:07:48 pm »
why dont you take the picture with your phone then?
I can take sharp pictures with my phone, 3 megapixelz.

GoldNinja

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 09:17:09 pm »
why dont you take the picture with your phone then?
I can take sharp pictures with my phone, 3 megapixelz.
Because I have no idea how to download the pics from my phone to pc -.- I aint exactly a mastermind with electronics. xD

iliera

• "To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +156/-96
  • 14 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To iliera
  • Vicinity of obscenity
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 09:21:41 pm »
u have USB for your phone?

joni

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 09:48:09 pm »

Or bluetooth? :)

GoldNinja

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 11:17:09 am »
Nope, my phone doesnt have that hole where to put usb :P

Or bluetooth? :)
I do have bluetooth! In my phone, but not in my pc. And I dont know how to use it ^^

GoldNinja

Re: My rubbish
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2008, 05:13:25 pm »
Yup, I'm uploading some more of my pics ^^'' They're still one of my old ones :S Like were all the previous ones too. I havent drawn in months, I think :o I still apologise the quality of these pics, they aint the best ones. These days I have way better digicam.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2jeqn7t.png
Here's a doggie comic. I know that the dog doesnt look the same in all the squares -.- I think this was one of the first ones which I made with Paint.net so this was kinda a practise, nothing serious. Oh and the texts are in finnish so you guys might have some trouble understanding them ^^'' Just ignore them.

http://i8.tinypic.com/53u5ilk.jpg
Kaiooshin from Dragonball. His limbs aint right at all xS Oh well.

http://i22.tinypic.com/n5q5x1.jpg
Some sorta lizard from Dragonball.

http://i26.tinypic.com/jrcq5f.jpg
Some dude fighting some sorta monster. I hate the monster's leg, but I suppose I liked this pic when I made it ^^
Once again, ignore the textbubbles there xD

http://i28.tinypic.com/24mrpxt.png
Fighting a Monster Paint. The same pic as above, but this I've made with Paint.

You must tell me what parts you dislike/like, etc.

Quaqa

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2008, 09:28:55 pm »
hmm the only one I think look good is the dragon http://i22.tinypic.com/n5q5x1.jpg if you have drawn it yourself im inprest, but if its copied from a comic or something its just a good job  :P
(even if the pic of it sucks...)

the first one was acually kind of cute =) a little more work on this one it would have been good I think  ;D

but keep making stuff, you will get better :D

Sakmongkol

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2008, 11:12:45 pm »
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Steelcrush

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008, 04:50:54 am »
Wow, your stuffs pretty good! I like it. Keep up the good work, and continue pwning! The comix r0ck!
http://www.myspace.com/tragicnyc
http://www.myspace.com/lfdltown
Hello my name is Steelc and I don't like you.
Oh shi+, I'm a spammer!!

GoldNinja

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2008, 11:56:06 am »

miri

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 10:37:10 am »
This seriously kicks ass.
[Cop] miri

GoldNinja

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 01:53:39 pm »
This seriously kicks ass.

Wow, this is an honour indeed! :o Thank you very much! ^^ I like that pic too regardless of the mistakes in it :D This was the first pic styled this way, that I made with Paint. Once more, thank you!

Ruki

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 04:41:01 pm »

As you pointed out yourself already the dog doesn't look the same in all squares, neither do the cliffs and neither is the background with stars. What bothers me is the background being too realistic compared to the dog and especially rocks/cliffs. I don't understand the text so I assume the change of cliff's shape (the one where "doggie" is landing) is an error and not the consequence of some spring in the hill. It would also look a bit less monotonous if you added lines or curves which point out moving of the subject (when the "doggie" jumped). If it isn't too much, I would be interested in the translation.

Although the charcater is anime character and style of drawing should be manga the anatomy is a bit messy here. This will help you.

Picture is a bit blury but I'm sure you know that so... Although it is a "copy" you "coppied" the lizard quite well. I would only add the right wing to the picture because it looks like the lizard could use it.

http://i26.tinypic.com/jrcq5f.jpg and http://i28.tinypic.com/24mrpxt.png
I believe the pose of "some dude" is the copy or variation of somebody performing Kamehameha:

Again the anatomy bothers me a bit and shading on the painted picture is a bit off. Avoid the use of empty white background; especially when there are bright parts of drawn objects mixing with it. Usually you avoid that with the use of contour (outline) - with bright background you use dark outline, usually black one as that is the ink color if you ink pencils and with dark background the outline is bright, usually white but I have seen practically any color used in dark background so far. It is also important to place your characters in some environment. You can include a light source then or point at possible one so shading is easier to do.

Yup, I'm uploading some more of my pics ^^'' They're still one of my old ones :S Like were all the previous ones too. I havent drawn in months, I think :o I still apologise the quality of these pics, they aint the best ones. These days I have way better digicam.
I see you have some problems with anatomy. A lot of artists have problems with that (especially when drawing animals). That is why in art school you just practice the various poses and positions for a long time until you master it. Shading and proportions are very important for dimensional realism of the picture. Speaking of realistic art. Alternative art is usually focused on different things but still some sort of the basic anatomy and shapes should be present. The cure for the problems is practice. Practice drawing bodies and train the anatomy. Observe the shapes and if there is no other way, use a mirror. There is gazillion of tutorials on the internet, there is a lot of online books which focus on the subject but I'm sure your local library should have some as well. Keep on drawing, remember you can only advance but in order to do that hard work and strong will (and dedication) should take time and place. If there is some talent, even better.

10/10 niiiice omg !1"!!

GoldNinja

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 07:51:47 pm »

As you pointed out yourself already the dog doesn't look the same in all squares, neither do the cliffs and neither is the background with stars. What bothers me is the background being too realistic compared to the dog and especially rocks/cliffs. I don't understand the text so I assume the change of cliff's shape (the one where "doggie" is landing) is an error and not the consequence of some spring in the hill. It would also look a bit less monotonous if you added lines or curves which point out moving of the subject (when the "doggie" jumped). If it isn't too much, I would be interested in the translation.

Well, it did jump from a cliff to another. But yup, everything is a bit different in the next square, I admit that ^^'' Tho the stars I put differently on purpose. When the dog moved, so does the stars too! Well, it's kinda hard to explain.. And yes, I should have added those lines which indicates that the dog is indeed jumping -.-
And the translation goes like this:
Square 1: I gotta jump!
Square 2: a lil' effort for a jump is all I need... (I had to make up a new line close to the original one. I cant translate it properly -.-)
Square 3: I dare not to look!
Square 4: It'll be okay, I can make it through! I shouldnt have worried.
Square 5: Peace of cake!
Square 6: It wasnt as easy as I thought.. HELP ME!!!

Although the charcater is anime character and style of drawing should be manga the anatomy is a bit messy here. This will help you.

Thank you for the link, but I think I'll just have to create my own style (I've given up on drawing manga except for the copied characters) not involving with manga :D At least as little as possible.. Ooh, the hell with it, of course I can take a look, it could help me after all  ;D

Picture is a bit blury but I'm sure you know that so... Although it is a "copy" you "coppied" the lizard quite well. I would only add the right wing to the picture because it looks like the lizard could use it.

...Woops :o I havent realised that it misses a wing.. >_> Well, even if I noticed it when I drew it, I wouldnt have had the skills to make another wing for it out of thin air :D Dunno if I could make the other wing these days tho.

http://i26.tinypic.com/jrcq5f.jpg and http://i28.tinypic.com/24mrpxt.png
I believe the pose of "some dude" is the copy or variation of somebody performing Kamehameha:

Again the anatomy bothers me a bit and shading on the painted picture is a bit off. Avoid the use of empty white background; especially when there are bright parts of drawn objects mixing with it. It is also important to place your characters in some environment.

Yes, I think I may have been influensed with Goku doing the Kamehameha ^^ I got the idea from DBZ anyways, not sure if it was from Goku tho. But close enough. Hmm, what do you mean by anatomy? I cant see anything wrong with it xS Could ya point the part out for me? :D My eyes just cant see anything unless they're pointed to me -.- I would make a backround, but that's probably my weakest point x/ I have never been able to make a fine backround be4 >_>

Keep on drawing, remember you can only advance but in order to do that hard work and strong will (and dedication) should take time and place. If there is some talent, even better.

Yup, little by little, I'm learning from my mistakes and try new successful things. But now, I want to thank you for this, I can clearly see that you know a thing or two about this O.o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

anything