Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Rubbish  (Read 33760 times)

Sakmongkol

Re: Rubbish
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2010, 12:28:04 am »
I don't really have a clue what dingos look like, I've never seen them, but that's the image in my head whenever I think about them..

http://www.dingoweb.surfnet.fi/biogr/dingo_marokossa.jpg

Nice rubbish you've made again, keep it up! 8)
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Sebbe

« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2010, 07:09:31 am »
^ I lol'd!

The dog looks like your usual dogs to me. It's good. :)

The devil fairy however, looks like a Pokémon, at least the colored one.  :D

Raziel

« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2010, 02:59:30 pm »
Funny, it's one of a very few threads which always keep me excitied when the owner posts something new. Even if the drawings have plenty of bugs and flaws, it's still nice to see somebody who likes to fill paper with imagination, emotion, desire or plain boredom, from time to time at least.

Keep posting little one, they are nice things to watch.
Yes, it's Raziel.

GoldNinja

« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2010, 05:25:05 pm »
http://www.dingoweb.surfnet.fi/biogr/dingo_marokossa.jpg

Nice rubbish you've made again, keep it up! 8)

Damn, should've known! Thanks :D

^ I lol'd!

The dog looks like your usual dogs to me. It's good. :)

Yeah, hopefully I'll get better with the dogs and don't get stuck with the current way of doing them :)
Well I don't think it's a bad thing it looks like a pokemon, that means it has a cartoon-like look to it and that's what I was looking for! Thanks for the comment ^^

Funny, it's one of a very few threads which always keep me excitied when the owner posts something new. Even if the drawings have plenty of bugs and flaws, it's still nice to see somebody who likes to fill paper with imagination, emotion, desire or plain boredom, from time to time at least.

Keep posting little one, they are nice things to watch.
Thanks! So what you mean to say is that I have a somewhat wide range of stuff I like to draw? That's good then. :) And naturally I hope I've gotten a bit better with the bugs and flaws! There is still many of course but some progress has hopefully been made.. ^^' Thank you for the comment, I really appreciate it!
Kas vain sanoi kasvain ja kasvoi vain, kuinka kasvain voi kasvaa noin vain!

Hawk

« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2010, 05:31:11 pm »

i was about to say that u meanie!
The best player isn't the one with most kills every game, the best player is the one that has most fun playing.

GoldNinja

« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2010, 05:51:55 pm »

i was about to say that u meanie!

Heh, well now you said it too so everything's alright right? No need for tears! And like I said to Sebbe, I think it's a good thing it looks pokemon-like since that's a good example of cartoon-style :) I appreciate your whining (read: comment) ;)

miri

« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2010, 08:05:27 pm »
Hey Goldninja!

Did you get that tablet you wanted? If you didn't, you should, because your drawings are really great and if you could develop your drawings in the digital workspace with better tools, it'd be golden, I'm telling you. :)

Anyway, keep up the fine drawing! (Y)
[Cop] miri

GoldNinja

« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2010, 09:06:30 pm »
Hey Goldninja!

Did you get that tablet you wanted? If you didn't, you should, because your drawings are really great and if you could develop your drawings in the digital workspace with better tools, it'd be golden, I'm telling you. :)

Anyway, keep up the fine drawing! (Y)

Unfortunately no (#%!&!!) >:( But my birthday is coming up real soon and I'm positive I'll get one as a gift :D I have a feeling it would make things a lot cooler like you said so I'm really looking forward to it ^^ And thanks for the praise of course, I appreciate it a lot since it's from someone who is an amazing artist himself :)

GoldNinja

« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2011, 10:30:16 pm »
I guess it's time to update again :D This time I only have a few new ones though, but hopefully they'll make up the lack of quantity with improved quality! I'll let you be the judge of that though, so please let me know what you think. :)

You're On Fire - This time I won't even try calling it a dog or wolf or anything like that so I'll only say it's a canine of some sort ;)

Chibi Zack - I wanted to draw a chibi character since everyone else does that these days too! I named him Zack, don't know why x)

Zack - This is a more serious looking version of Zack

Like always, I wanna hear your thoughts on these may they be good or bad!

Tafka

« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2011, 10:32:41 pm »
The "serious zack" looks kinda ugly. The you're on fire looks cool and cute. Your drawings lack elements though, you could do something high-tech. I mean, every detail a normal wolf has (eg toes). You can draw nicely, but seems like you never try too hard.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 06:28:00 am »
I remembered seeing something similar after seeing "You're on fire"

http://i31.tinypic.com/2d14d5i.jpg
A desktop by Laku.

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

GoldNinja

« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2011, 03:37:32 pm »
The "serious zack" looks kinda ugly. The you're on fire looks cool and cute. Your drawings lack elements though, you could do something high-tech. I mean, every detail a normal wolf has (eg toes). You can draw nicely, but seems like you never try too hard.

Shame you don't like Zack.. I guess you can't elaborate on that? Would be cool to know why exactly he looks ugly xD

Glad you like "You're On Fire" though! :)

I probably could try something more high-tech, but it would be out of my comfort-zone really.. I'm used to keeping things simple, there's less of a risk of getting it wrong then :D In the sketch that canine did have toes and even more detailed fur but I made it more simple in the end.. I guess that was a mistake then, maybe next time I'll do something more detailed, if possible :D

I remembered seeing something similar after seeing "You're on fire"

http://i31.tinypic.com/2d14d5i.jpg
A desktop by Laku.

Heh, I can only wish my drawing looked like that ;) The idea is pretty much the same though xD

Sebbe

« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2011, 03:48:46 pm »
Heey Goldninja!

Your latest deeds are all original to me. You're on fire looks nothing like a common animal and Zack looks kinda like a shounen-like antagonist of some sort. However, I think you've drawn him in a multiple perspective, meaning that his head is turned completely to the left while his body isn't, making the body and head not fit. It's kinda hard to explain, but I hope you get the point.

Otherwise, just as interesting as always! :)

GoldNinja

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2011, 09:27:56 pm »
Heey Goldninja!

Your latest deeds are all original to me. You're on fire looks nothing like a common animal and Zack looks kinda like a shounen-like antagonist of some sort. However, I think you've drawn him in a multiple perspective, meaning that his head is turned completely to the left while his body isn't, making the body and head not fit. It's kinda hard to explain, but I hope you get the point.

Otherwise, just as interesting as always! :)

Thanks! Yeah, I do get the point and I did struggle with that, I was trying to get it right.. But eventually I decided it's good enough and let it be like that :) Next time I'll try to fix it even further!
I appreciate your comment, glad you liked them more or less :D

GoldNinja

« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2011, 07:41:28 pm »
Yo yo yo! Just updating again.. I've drawn many quick things and here are some of them :D As always, comment and tell me what you think!

Chihuahua??
I dunno if it actually is a Chihuahua but it's a small dog anyhow.. x)

Dog
This I did merely to practice drawing fur.. And nope, isn't what I wanted so I need waaay more practice but at least I like the dog xD

Snowboard Dude
Yea, a dude with a snowboard. Nothing much to say xD

Turtle
Uh.. A turtle? ;)

Raziel

« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2011, 10:53:56 am »
You should visit a doctor, there is something wrong with you and your dog mania.

I like the second link, dog. It's actually really nicely drawn doggy. Did you draw it while looking at other picture? (it actually looks like that) Or maybe you can draw that well by hand?

The Snowboard Dude has cool style. It's actually really nice picture. His facial expression resembles mine whenever I gotta wake up. It could be a nice vector artwork, if you know what it is.
Yes, it's Raziel.

GoldNinja

« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2011, 01:20:02 pm »
You should visit a doctor, there is something wrong with you and your dog mania.
I like dogs but the main reason I draw them because that's the only thing I can draw without giving it too much thought :D

I like the second link, dog. It's actually really nicely drawn doggy. Did you draw it while looking at other picture? (it actually looks like that) Or maybe you can draw that well by hand?
No, I didn't look at any pictures, I just drew a dog that sprang to mind xD And I used a Wacom tablet so you could say it was made by hand :)

The Snowboard Dude has cool style. It's actually really nice picture. His facial expression resembles mine whenever I gotta wake up. It could be a nice vector artwork, if you know what it is.
I know what vectors are but I lack the skill to bend them to my will xD I tried once and I couldn't do anything :)

Thank you for your comments! Based on those, I'd say you're starting to approve of my work more, bit by bit! And that means that I'm developing which is all the info I need. So thanks again! :D

Raziel

« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2011, 02:26:51 pm »
You don't have to draw everything in vectors from scratches. There is this function called Tracing, which can help you quite much. You could turn your bitmap into 14 color vector, like this, and then play a bit in your software to tune it up and make as close as possile to the original artwork. Shouldn't be hard.

Also, depending on the software you are using, the drawing in vectors might be as easy as normal tablet drawing. Adobe Illustrator is great software for that, Corel Draw is not bad either, and it's quite good to know how to work on vectors for your future tasks. I think you might get dragged into graphic and design in future, so it's better when you learn a bit more about vectors sooner than later. In my humble opinion that is :)

And yeah, you are getting better.

EDIT:

btw, I love tutorials like this one, they can help you advance A LOT ^^
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:23:21 am by Raziel »
Yes, it's Raziel.

GoldNinja

« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2011, 01:45:12 pm »
You don't have to draw everything in vectors from scratches. There is this function called Tracing, which can help you quite much. You could turn your bitmap into 14 color vector, like this, and then play a bit in your software to tune it up and make as close as possile to the original artwork. Shouldn't be hard.
Yep, that shouldn't be too hard. :) But is Vector-image better than eg. PNG-image if it looks exactly the same? :0

Also, depending on the software you are using, the drawing in vectors might be as easy as normal tablet drawing. Adobe Illustrator is great software for that, Corel Draw is not bad either, and it's quite good to know how to work on vectors for your future tasks. I think you might get dragged into graphic and design in future, so it's better when you learn a bit more about vectors sooner than later. In my humble opinion that is :)
I have tried Corel Draw but couldn't get the hang of it :/ Maybe I'll take a look at that Adobe Illustrator then! :D It would be cool to know how to use vectors as well..! And thank you for the tip! ^^

EDIT:

btw, I love tutorials like this one, they can help you advance A LOT ^^
Yeah, I like those too, they are so informative ;D

Raziel

« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2011, 03:20:24 pm »
Vector image is freely scalable without any quality loss. (you can zoom my PDF and you will never see any pixel there) If you make a PNG,  JPG, PSD, BMP, any kind of bitmap, it has a certain dimension, for example 1200px x 1024px, or 3000 x 2000 etc etc. If you would need a bigger size of that image, you would see the loss of quality. But the vector artwork is not limited to any dimensions, you can make bitmap of any size from it, f.e. 10 000px x 10 000px or even bigger if you need.

I mentioned it because there are stocking sites, with images. Vectors are really popular and used for many purposes, mostly related to printing. When you print something in digital, offset or silkscreen technique, vectors are pretty much the most common materials.

If you will be ever asked to create a logo for someone, it should be done in vectors.
If you will need to print something and keep the high resolution, it's good to keep it all in vectors too.
Vectors can be used further for 3D modeling, just as bitmaps can be used there for texturing.

Plus, if you keep doing some nicely drawn pictures, you could make some money off stocking sites :) if you will dwell deeper into this topic, you will realize the pros and cons of vector artworks. It's fun :)
Yes, it's Raziel.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up