Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dedicated server ranking  (Read 19245 times)

albert

Dedicated server ranking
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:16:42 pm »
Hey,

As you may know, there are some dedicated servers running on our LXA host. Most of them also include some sort of ranking system. Usually, you can see the rank on the server by writing "!rank", "!rankall" or "!toprank" in the chat on such server.

For the Fast Mortars server (and others can easily be added), I have written a small script now which automatically pushes the rank list online and updates it every 5 minutes.

New: We also have simple clan ranking now!

http://www.openlierox.net/pwn0meter_olx_mortsfast.html

New: Also for Rifles server:

http://www.openlierox.net/pwn0meter_olx_rifles.html

PS: I still would be happy to see more/other dedicated servers online. If you don't have the hardware to do that, contact DarkCharlie and you probably can get an own access on the LXA host. You can also post/suggest some own configs/scripts if you want and I may use them.

PS2: For some reason, the rank list is slightly different from the rank you see when you type "!rank" on the server. I didn't wrote those scripts and I'm too lazy right now to find out why that is :) but feel free to look yourself at the Python code and post a patch.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:40:40 am by albert »

DarkCharlie

Re: Dedicated server ranking
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:31:15 pm »
15. .. (typing) ..: 4181 kills 2941 deaths 0 suicides, killed: Willy - 979, OpenLieroXor - 250, [CPU] Dummi - 114, MasterBo - 103

I guess there are more fails in the python scripts :P Or is it really a name?

Rock

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 09:27:55 am »
15. .. (typing) ..: 4181 kills 2941 deaths 0 suicides, killed: Willy - 979, OpenLieroXor - 250, [CPU] Dummi - 114, MasterBo - 103

I guess there are more fails in the python scripts :P Or is it really a name?
It is really a name :D. I have already seen him
! The French Power !

albert

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 01:48:49 pm »
I added random chat quotes. :) (Taken randomly from the end of the last log.)

albert

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 11:29:53 pm »
And I added clan ranking. It parses the clan name out of your nick and uses the same ranking system then.

I have covered most possible clan tagging but it's of course impossible to cover all cases. (Why don't you just always use "[clan] nick"? :)) Thus there may be some cases where it reads some wrong clantag out of a clanfree nick. If you know Python, feel free to improve that.

At the very end, you have a list of all clans with it's members (more exact: those who played on the server). There you can see if someone got a wrong clantag.

DarkCharlie

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 12:08:46 pm »
May I also suggest adding country statistics? Or perhaps even city?  :P

albert

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 01:48:50 pm »
May I also suggest adding country statistics? Or perhaps even city?  :P

In the killing log saved by the ranking script, we only save the nicks, nothing more. But you may can get those information out of the OLX log (similar to the random chat quotes) - which would be kind of ugly though and maybe doesn't work in all cases.

Otherwise no problem. Feel free to add. Also not really that complicated.

SorZ

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 01:57:37 pm »
Not that I care much but I see a small problem here.
I checked the stats and to see who has played from [aC].. then I see [aC] Erwan, hm k?

It's very easy to ruin another player or clans stats, just fake their names or put their clantag on and join the server and act targetpractice.

Do you have a solution for this?

albert

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 02:17:44 pm »
Yes I know this problem. It was there since the very beginning. Mostly because of this, I have put the clan member list at the end to point out obvious fakes.

Faking doesn't ruin your rank that much though because the absolute kill numbers counts more than the kill/death ratio (and I think in the online version, only the absolute kill numbers count at all, i.e. faking doesn't hurt anyone).

A solution was already suggested: We can use the LXA login. People can login with their LXA account (there would be an option for that which does it automatically). This is what we refered to earlier as the clan/player ladder system (Fightbox).

SorZ

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 02:44:29 pm »
Yes I know this problem. It was there since the very beginning. Mostly because of this, I have put the clan member list at the end to point out obvious fakes.

Faking doesn't ruin your rank that much though because the absolute kill numbers counts more than the kill/death ratio (and I think in the online version, only the absolute kill numbers count at all, i.e. faking doesn't hurt anyone).

A solution was already suggested: We can use the LXA login. People can login with their LXA account (there would be an option for that which does it automatically). This is what we refered to earlier as the clan/player ladder system (Fightbox).

I think LXA login would be a decent solution.
But then you would lose all those players who isn't registered here, and that would not be that good either.

albert

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 02:50:22 pm »
Yes, indeed a problem. I probably would make it in a way that they could all still play, only they have no own rank.

And I may also integrate a "register on LXA" dialog in OLX which makes the progress really simple also for newcomers.

Btw., as you say it: I think the majority on players actually are not registered on LXA and even don't know about it.

But all not really a problem when it is integrated in a nice way. As far as I know, most modern games are similar, esp on gaming consoles like Xbox or PS3.

SorZ

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 03:01:31 pm »
Yes that sounds reasonable.
If you want to be ranked you have to register, but you can still play without registering and rank. I have seen that kind of solution in few other games and it works fine as long as it's easy to find where to sign up.

albert

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 04:10:31 pm »
As there was often request for it, I added a Rifles ded server. Ranking can be seen here:

http://www.openlierox.net/official/pwn0meter_olx_rifles.html

I don't really will admin that a lot so if anyone wants to overtake it, go ahead.

kokbira

• Gi Joe Brown Brazillian Rope-Flying Ant
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +23/-6
  • 3578 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To kokbira
  • ex-player (ex-Flip and ex-s00t clan member)
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 07:33:36 am »
Hey! How about the count of winned matches? There are only kill and death counts, but the people does not know how many games do you win.

Well, pehaps only kill/death counters are better in case of playing in mortar server with Willy only  :D . Maybe some kind of score can be calculated and showed (the same that matches the rank criteria).

Example:
Current:
160: kokbira: 891 kills 462 deaths 0 suicides, killed: Willy - 321,  majk - 50, Max - 40, !!!TIM!!! - 32

Suggestion:
160: kokbira: 100 games 20 winned 891 kills 462 deaths 0 suicides, killed: Willy - 321,  majk - 50, Max - 40, !!!TIM!!! - 32

Or:
(if winning a match is more important than killing, use a huge factor, for example 1000, to multiply winning % => score=1000*20/100+891-462-0 => score=429)

160: kokbira: 429 scored 100 games 20 winned 891 kills 462 deaths 0 suicides,  killed: Willy - 321,  majk - 50, Max - 40, !!!TIM!!! - 32

Tyrael

• You are no one, just like me.
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +37/-2
  • 3106 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Tyrael
  • Sometimes things get complicated.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 07:56:15 am »
I don't do dedicated but why to keep up with the ranks? I doubt that 95% of the players doesn't care about them. Also, does that killed thingy include the most killed or is it going to spam all those guys you've killed?

albert

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 04:47:35 am »
Note: Links have changed:

http://www.openlierox.net/pwn0meter_olx_mortsfast.html
http://www.openlierox.net/pwn0meter_olx_rifles.html

I don't do dedicated but why to keep up with the ranks? I doubt that 95% of the players doesn't care about them.

Many care about them. Not sure how serious but they are at least interested in it. Many people check their rank after almost every single round. (You will see that because they write "!rank" or something like this all the time in game.)

Also, does that killed thingy include the most killed or is it going to spam all those guys you've killed?

Only the 4 most often killed guys. Just take a look at the list. You don't really think that nobody has ever killed more than 4 people? :)

crzylieroguy

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 02:37:19 am »
this is GREAT!

MissingNo.

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 03:55:16 am »
lol @ me being #25 in rifles

crzylieroguy

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 04:11:48 am »
when does the rankings update? is it automaticly?

albert

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 06:01:35 am »
when does the rankings update? is it automaticly?

Yes, automatically every 5 minutes.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up