Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.58 rc  (Read 28637 times)

albert

[Release] OpenLieroX 0.58 rc
« on: January 21, 2010, 06:36:04 am »
Heya,

I am proud to announce the first stable release of the 0.58 version.

For some more details about what has changed between 0.57 and 0.58, and also some details about the development process of 0.58 itself, take a look here:
http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php/topic,12642.msg198750.html#msg198750

Here a rough overview about the changes of the latest beta (0.58 beta9) and the 0.58 rc2:

- many crashes fixed
- somewhat better performance
- tooltip in chat for userinfo disappears correctly
- possibility to disable weapon combos
- some new default settings (only for those who start OLX for the first time)

Download here:
http://www.openlierox.net/downloads/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:31:23 pm by albert »

albert

Re: [Release] OpenLieroX 0.58 rc
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 11:32:31 pm »
A second stable release: 0.58 rc2

Some crashes fixed, and setting minimum forced version to OpenLieroX 0.58 rc1 by default.

k00man

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 04:23:16 pm »
What should I put on config file to allow everyone join my server, to not force min version?
Check out my level: Warriors Stronghold

albert

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 04:24:52 pm »
Just tell the other people to download the new version.

k00man

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 04:44:39 pm »
Just tell the other people to download the new version.

They simply wont.

Could you tell me now what I should put after forceminversion to allow everyone join my server, even 0.56 users?

albert

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 04:55:17 pm »
Just force them to update. Read some other threads here at LXA about the reasons why we should force everybody to update.

If they don't want to update, don't play with them. So they simply must update because there simply wont be anybody who plays with them anymore. We may even modify the master servers in the future so it wont accept old servers anymore.

Rakkula

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 04:58:54 pm »
We may even modify the master servers in the future so it wont accept old servers anymore.
Don't you think that might be a bit too extreme? I'd hack your new version, in that case, to make strafe universal and implement faster aim.
Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one, and they usually stink.
I started playing LX while you were on your mother's stomach

albert

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 05:02:02 pm »
We may even modify the master servers in the future so it wont accept old servers anymore.
Don't you think that might be a bit too extreme? I'd hack your new version, in that case, to make strafe universal and implement faster aim.

How much servers do you actually have seen where strafing is not allowed? Because on most servers, it is allowed anyway (because that is the default setting and most people don't change that).

And why aren't you just starting your own server (or dedicated server, it's for free, ask DC for access) where you allow strafing? Strafing should also be allowed on all of the current dedicated servers.

Rakkula

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 05:12:40 pm »
How much servers do you actually have seen where strafing is not allowed?
Well, usually when playing with older players, they use an old version in which strafe isn't allowed. It's not just quantity, you know. In a cw against a clan with older players, disallowed strafe will ruin my game.
And why aren't you just starting your own server where you allow strafing?
I host a server with allowed strafe. However, aiming's another issue. b4 has faster aiming and I can't aim properly with new betas.

albert

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 05:40:15 pm »
How much servers do you actually have seen where strafing is not allowed?
Well, usually when playing with older players, they use an old version in which strafe isn't allowed. It's not just quantity, you know. In a cw against a clan with older players, disallowed strafe will ruin my game.

Ok, I can make a new 0.58 release where it will always be activated if you play on old servers.

And why aren't you just starting your own server where you allow strafing?
I host a server with allowed strafe. However, aiming's another issue. b4 has faster aiming and I can't aim properly with new betas.

I also think the aiming is too slow. I probably will make a further release where you can just configure the aim speed yourself (clientside, i.e. everybody can have his prefered setting). I will add an option though that the server can force people to have the LX56-aimspeed, which would be disabled by default.

Rakkula

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 06:35:02 pm »
Ok, I can make a new 0.58 release where it will always be activated if you play on old servers.
Awesome!
I also think the aiming is too slow. I probably will make a further release where you can just configure the aim speed yourself (clientside, i.e. everybody can have his prefered setting). I will add an option though that the server can force people to have the LX56-aimspeed, which would be disabled by default.
At first sight I like the idea. However, aiming in lx isn't like in mouse aiming games: once you get accustomed to one aim speed, re-adapting takes a lot longer. For instance, I can only play with b4's aiming speed. Simply trying to aim on 0.59 makes me cry.

IRC

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 06:56:04 pm »
Right here we go again, it starts, but immediately says "Could not load fonts"
Cop is my legacy.

albert

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 06:58:11 pm »
Right here we go again, it starts, but immediately says "Could not load fonts"

Be sure that you have copied all DLLs over.

albert

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 04:27:59 am »
Another release: 0.58 rc3

Change log:
- Strafing is always allowed on <=0.57 beta5 servers.
- Aim speed is configureable and faster by default. It is also clientside, i.e. everybody can have the setting he prefer. In detail, you have now these new (client-side) options:
** AimAcceleration
** AimMaxSpeed
** AimFriction
** AimLikeLX56 (this is more complex - the way the friction is handled is slightly different; it has no effect on the acceleration and maxspeed, though)
- new feature/option (serverside): FullAimAngle. If enabled, you can also aim straight down. As it is not sure yet if the majority of people will like this, it is disabled for now. This may change in a further release if I am getting positive feedback for it.
- new option (clientside): CrosshairDistance
- fixed some very rare crashes

Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 08:48:34 am »
My opinion only, but when it comes to such radical manoeuvres I would like to have some sort of poll take place. Disabling the versions just like that will surely enrage people, whatever good reasons there were behind it. Better yet, somehow tweak Path 2008 to work along with the newest betas so we old farts won't go to rebellion.

k00man

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 10:03:22 pm »
Another release: 0.58 rc3

Change log:
- Strafing is always allowed on <=0.57 beta5 servers.
- Aim speed is configureable and faster by default. It is also clientside, i.e. everybody can have the setting he prefer. In detail, you have now these new (client-side) options:
** AimAcceleration
** AimMaxSpeed
** AimFriction
** AimLikeLX56 (this is more complex - the way the friction is handled is slightly different; it has no effect on the acceleration and maxspeed, though)
- new feature/option (serverside): FullAimAngle. If enabled, you can also aim straight down. As it is not sure yet if the majority of people will like this, it is disabled for now. This may change in a further release if I am getting positive feedback for it.
- new option (clientside): CrosshairDistance
- fixed some very rare crashes

This is good.

I really like that I can optimize my own aimspeed and all that. You should just put these settings used to edit your aimspeed to options, not to server settings. Or does these settings force other players in your server have same aimspeed as host (that would be bad)?

And leave abitility to aim straight down off as default on further releases. I tried some games with abitility to aim down and it sucked.

albert

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 11:21:56 pm »
You should just put these settings used to edit your aimspeed to options, not to server settings. Or does these settings force other players in your server have same aimspeed as host (that would be bad)?

No, it's client-side. I fully agree that this should be moved to the general options dialog. I just didn't had the time to do it. Can somebody else (you?) do it?

Rakkula

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 01:11:36 pm »
How the hell am I supposed to change my aim speed? Can't find the options log where to do this.

albert

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 01:12:52 pm »
How the hell am I supposed to change my aim speed? Can't find the options log where to do this.

In game settings, set to very advanced, under Other-section. Or in config file, under Game, all those Aim* settings. Or set the variables via console: setVar GameOptions.Game.Aim...

Midnight

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 07:06:21 pm »

Downloaded rc3 for windows.

ALBERT! :D
Emma Watson <333

<3
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

anything