This is an interesting new release.
For the first time in OpenLieroX history, the version number was increased. This version is not 0.57 anymore, but 0.58.
This release contains basically everything new that was done since 0.57 beta8. And this is a lot.
A very short summary:
- uploadlimit check fixed + automatic measuring of speed
- more stable network (CChannel3)
- improved HTML viewer
- IRC support
- dedicated server becomes useable
- improved connect-during-game
- background music by Corentin Larsen
- damage reporting (shows how much you injured a worm)
- new game options dialog
- ingame console can be used everywhere, also in menu
- ingame console much more advanced, many new commands, better autocompletion
- new debug logging system
- Hide & Seek gamemode
- Capture The Flag gamemode
- Race / Team Race gamemodes
- air jumping as an optional feature
- extended physics engine / gamescript (still in development)
- high-resolution level support
- possibility to make maps infinite
- possibility to disable minimap
- support for Commander Keen 1-3 levels
- game size factor (you can make everything bigger or smaller)
- hit/damage yourself/teammembers can be enabled/disabled (aka friendly fire on/off)
- immediate start
- worm speed/damage/shield/friction factor
- projectile friction factor
- physics should be exactly like LX56 now
- select weapons ingame (chat command /weapons)
Noteable new things over the 0.58 subreleases:
- new crashhandler, based on breakpad
- some fixes here, some improvements there
All files (currently Windows, Windows patch, MacOSX, Debian/Ubuntu i386, Debian/Ubuntu amd64 and source code) can be downloaded here:http://www.openlierox.net/downloads/
Remember, this is a beta release. Most things will work in this version and there are a lot of new and nice things to discover, but there are also some known issues.
Some of the issues are described here:https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=180059&atid=891648If you see any problems, please report them!